XBMC v13 (Gotham) FAQ
(2014-05-12, 20:47)joepogy Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 00:44)Ned Scott Wrote: What does everyone think about the Gotham FAQ right now? Anything you think it should have that its missing? Anything you think should be clearer?

Hi. i think your new xbmc is GREAT! One think i noticed is that when it opens up to the home screen, pictures is centered, then i have to scroll to videos. before in xbmc 12.2 the videos was centered. i tried going into system\appearence\ setting to see if i can fix it. i found nothing. i noticed on the homescreen their is no weather window. maybe that is the issue. if there is a way to center videos on startup can you please direct me to the instructions.

Thank you.

P.S. you guys do great work!

Actually, I was asking about the FAQ page, not about XBMC itself, but thanks!

As for your issue, nothing should have changed with the Confluence skin or the weather features between v12 and v13. Make sure you have a weather add-on installed and selected in XBMC's settings (XBMC -> Settings -> Weather). That should give you the same behavior. There's also ways to modify the skin files to force a specific home item to be focussed by default, but I don't know much about that myself.
I'm debating making a new thread for this or not, but there's a lot of TLC needed for the OS specific FAQs (wiki). I'm not really sure what all the common issues are for some of them, like Windows. There's a lot on there that I'm not sure is still an issue or not.

I'm also leaning towards not formatting the FAQs with that template anymore. It doesn't really make it that much easier, and it does make it kind of a PITA to edit the FAQs.

Some of the less "frequent" troubleshooting entries should be spun out into another non-FAQ style page. Before we really just had the FAQs for each OS, so the FAQs became a dumping ground for all OS-related info, but now each OS has an actual index page where specific things can go. For example, the page for Android (wiki). Not sure how best to go about that.
(2014-05-13, 08:13)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-05-12, 20:47)joepogy Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 00:44)Ned Scott Wrote: What does everyone think about the Gotham FAQ right now? Anything you think it should have that its missing? Anything you think should be clearer?

Hi. i think your new xbmc is GREAT! One think i noticed is that when it opens up to the home screen, pictures is centered, then i have to scroll to videos. before in xbmc 12.2 the videos was centered. i tried going into system\appearence\ setting to see if i can fix it. i found nothing. i noticed on the homescreen their is no weather window. maybe that is the issue. if there is a way to center videos on startup can you please direct me to the instructions.

Thank you.

P.S. you guys do great work!

Actually, I was asking about the FAQ page, not about XBMC itself, but thanks!

As for your issue, nothing should have changed with the Confluence skin or the weather features between v12 and v13. Make sure you have a weather add-on installed and selected in XBMC's settings (XBMC -> Settings -> Weather). That should give you the same behavior. There's also ways to modify the skin files to force a specific home item to be focussed by default, but I don't know much about that myself.

thanks for the advice. also sorry i posted the question in the wrong forum. thank you for still providing me with the answer.
I can't find an answer for my problem that i have with gotham , the issue is that it doesn't play the video_ts map.
With frodo no problem but after update to gotham it does'nt anymore. With iso files no problems btw.

edit\ OS Windows 7

edit2\ Using 'play from here' the video_ts map plays
@buutske: Please start a new thread about your problem.

Also, add about 10 times more information than you've done here so that others know exactly what the fault is. That way they might be able to help.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-03-06, 04:43)scott967 Wrote: The FAQ refers to the Gotham changelog which has an entry for Library that includes:

Quote:Added extensive MusicBrainz tags support to the Music Library and Database

1. the "extensive MusicBrainz tag support" is actually support for 2 tags MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID
and MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID that are read at least in ID3, APE, and FLAC (Vorbis comment) tags (other supported tag formats not tested).

The MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID tag appears to work as follows (corrections please!):

The first tag found is associated with the first album artist found for that song file. The second occurrence is associated with the second album artist, etc. Based on this association, the MBID is stored in the Music Database. Note: if Album Artist tag is "various artists" it appears the association is performed on song artist, not album artist.

If the MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID tag was found and associated with an artist, a query based on that MBID will be passed to the designated music artist scraper. If the tag was not associated/not present, Album Artist name will be used as in previous versions.

Note that if an album artist has an associated MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID tag in one song file, but not in another, this can cause each to be entered into the database as different artists.

MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID works the same way, except only one ID should be present in the song tags.

A new setting is available in System\Settings\Music\Library: Override song tags with online information. When this is selected, when the scraper queries MusicBrainz web site using the MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID or MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID, the artist name or album name returned from MusicBrainz will be stored in the database, rather than the artist name or album specified in the song tags. This can cause instances where the MusicBrainz album artist name is stored, and the tagged artist name as well (different names).

A new scraper option for artist and album scraper is available "Local Info Only". These scrapers will only read tag data.

Album cover art can be read from MP4 file metadata for music video (this will be used as the thumbnail instead of an extracted video frame) (I need to confirm this, but it seems like this is the case).

scott s.

@scott967 - have you been successful with this? I can't seem to get it to work in the latest stable gotham. I have added the two extended tags as suggested, removed and re-added the album and am still met with additional artists listed in the library for this album.
(2014-06-20, 14:09)bry- Wrote: story

Read the first post of this thread. It is for suggesting additions or changes to the FAQ page on the wiki.
Create a new post with your question.
i wants to ask is the Android TV box is good or the PC windows base installed with XBMC, is better for multimedia in home use with LED.Huh? which one is good in performance and multi tasking Huh?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC v13 (Gotham) FAQ1