• 21(current)
Bay Trail-D motherboards
What do you think about it ? Acer Aspire XC-603

4GB RAM, 500GB HD and J1900 Quad Core.

Looks like good deal for XBMC. I am very tempting to go for it.
Why it's so cheap? I think it's the same like here? http://skinflint.co.uk/acer-aspire-xc-60...97302.html
| myHTPC |
(2014-05-15, 20:01)-DDD- Wrote: Why it's so cheap? I think it's the same like here? http://skinflint.co.uk/acer-aspire-xc-60...97302.html

Yours one has Windows 8.1 included, hence higher price.
£ 130 for win 8.1? Rolleyes
| myHTPC |
(2014-05-15, 20:08)-DDD- Wrote: £ 130 for win 8.1? Rolleyes

Smile Yours one has, ebuyer has no operating system , that's why 130 Smile with Discount . Anyway .... looks pretty just for XBMC
(2014-05-15, 17:25)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2014-05-15, 06:13)-DDD- Wrote: What Benefit would a PCIe x16 Card have for an HTPC compared to the Celeron G1820, except BR 3D, when you don't want
to play Games on your HTPC?

It's more of a value, bang-for-your-buck thing IMHO. You can find x16 GT610 or HD5450 cards on sale for $20. Why spend $50+ on a x1 GT610 just to conform to the x1 slot on the J1800/J1900 board? IMHO, use the integrated GPU of the J1800/J1900 or take the $30 difference between an x1 and x16 card and get something else like the cheapest Celeron CPU + motherboard.

Or use a baytrail system with x16 slot.
(2014-05-15, 20:10)miki1999 Wrote:
(2014-05-15, 20:08)-DDD- Wrote: £ 130 for win 8.1? Rolleyes

Smile Yours one has, ebuyer has no operating system , that's why 130 Smile with Discount . Anyway .... looks pretty just for XBMC

Yeah, i understand, but here in Germany you pay normally 30-40EUR more for an Notebook with Win8.
So the Discount is really good for this Acer without Windows. Or the 264 are a really bad Deal.
Maybe the Baytrail NUC is the better Deal for an HTPC, integrated IR, WLAN, more Warranty?
| myHTPC |
Hello,

some pages earlier, I already wrote about my J1800N-D2H. Here are some updates:

I finally found working DDR and updated my bios to F3. F2 is unusuable! Note for the upgrade process: You can only upgrade it from a special DOS, not from Windows nor Linux.

But I still have some issues:

The Mainboard does not detect my Projector (Epson EH-TW3200). I have to connect it to a standard monitor, restart the X-Server and then switch the cable. I don't need to mention, that this procedure sucks. Are there any news regarding the bad monitor/television(/projector) detection of the HDMI-Port?

Or maybe there is a way to bypass this issue for linux and to force the HDMI output enabled at specified resolution?

And I think my J1800N-D2H consumes too much power. I have 4 GB of Ram installed (2x2GB), a HDD which consumes around 4.5 Watt and 2x2 DVB-S Card from Digital Devices. And I use a 90 Watt PicoPSU. All together in idle, my system consumes 24 watts. That's kind of much, isn't it? I read that this board takes 6 watt in idle, plus HDD 5 watts, plus the DVB-S ~4 Watts this should be 15 watts.

How much do your boards consume?

Bye
MPW
Hello mpw, that is sad to hear, unfortunately I do not have a J1800N-D2H myself but I can share my experience with the Q1900-ITX.

I've been using my Q1900-ITX for few days now and haven't had a single issue. Everything worked basically out of the box. Took the mobo, installed it into the case, plugged all the cables, some old 1.5V DDR3 ram, hdd and a flash drive with XBMCbuntu installer. Everything took less than 1 hour. Did not even have to install any special drivers nor do anything with the BIOS. Both Ubuntu and XBMC runs flawlessly with the CPU load while playing a true (40gb+) blue ray off an external HDD never going above 10%.
I've even tried running Windows 7 64bit which installed without any hiccups and ran perfectly as well.
Browsing youtube and watching 1080p videos did not put any noticeable stress on the CPU too. All videos played smoothly both on Ubuntu and on Windows 7
Both HDMI and VGA work just fine. HDMI is connected to my TV and a projector to VGA.

So far I'm really happy with my purchase especially since the price of Q1900-ITX (I paid 66 EUR / 90 USD) is really good compared to other BayTrails that have J1900.

However, I can not test the consumption of watts since I do not have any tools for that apart the simple multimeter.

EDIT: Also, loving the S/PDIF out on the mobo for my speakers. It worked out of the box too, just connected the speakers and changed the audio input in the XBMC.
(2014-05-17, 09:14)lewzer Wrote: Hello mpw, that is sad to hear, unfortunately I do not have a J1800N-D2H myself but I can share my experience with the Q1900-ITX.

I've been using my Q1900-ITX for few days now and haven't had a single issue. Everything worked basically out of the box. Took the mobo, installed it into the case, plugged all the cables, some old 1.5V DDR3 ram, hdd and a flash drive with XBMCbuntu installer. Everything took less than 1 hour. Did not even have to install any special drivers nor do anything with the BIOS. Both Ubuntu and XBMC runs flawlessly with the CPU load while playing a true (40gb+) blue ray off an external HDD never going above 10%.
I've even tried running Windows 7 64bit which installed without any hiccups and ran perfectly as well.
Browsing youtube and watching 1080p videos did not put any noticeable stress on the CPU too. All videos played smoothly both on Ubuntu and on Windows 7
Both HDMI and VGA work just fine. HDMI is connected to my TV and a projector to VGA.

So far I'm really happy with my purchase especially since the price of Q1900-ITX (I paid 66 EUR / 90 USD) is really good compared to other BayTrails that have J1900.

However, I can not test the consumption of watts since I do not have any tools for that apart the simple multimeter.

EDIT: Also, loving the S/PDIF out on the mobo for my speakers. It worked out of the box too, just connected the speakers and changed the audio input in the XBMC.

I'm looking at the Q1900-ITX - where did you get yours for 66 EUR?
(2014-05-17, 13:43)ant_thomas Wrote: I'm looking at the Q1900-ITX - where did you get yours for 66 EUR?
I bought one from reichelt, paid 66.12 EUR to be exact.
http://www.reichelt.de/ASR-Q1900-ITX/3/i...=q1900-itx
It seems that the price has increased now a bit and it is 68 EUR.
Hello everyone, I'm new here.

I have the motherboard "Asrock D1800B-ITX" and I bought a DVB-T card "NPG Real hybrid pci-e" (Other brands call X8500T).
The problem is the PC does not detect this card. Nothing appears in the device manager.

I have another DVB-T card (Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT) and this works perfectly.

I thought maybe the NPG was broken, so I tried it on another computer and it worked.

Everything makes me think there some kind of problem with the motherboard and card DVB-T when they work together.

Anyone have any ideas I can try?

(Sorry for my poor English)

Thanks
(2014-05-17, 02:40)mpw1412 Wrote: Hello,

some pages earlier, I already wrote about my J1800N-D2H. Here are some updates:

I finally found working DDR and updated my bios to F3. F2 is unusuable! Note for the upgrade process: You can only upgrade it from a special DOS, not from Windows nor Linux.

But I still have some issues:

The Mainboard does not detect my Projector (Epson EH-TW3200). I have to connect it to a standard monitor, restart the X-Server and then switch the cable. I don't need to mention, that this procedure sucks. Are there any news regarding the bad monitor/television(/projector) detection of the HDMI-Port?

Or maybe there is a way to bypass this issue for linux and to force the HDMI output enabled at specified resolution?

And I think my J1800N-D2H consumes too much power. I have 4 GB of Ram installed (2x2GB), a HDD which consumes around 4.5 Watt and 2x2 DVB-S Card from Digital Devices. And I use a 90 Watt PicoPSU. All together in idle, my system consumes 24 watts. That's kind of much, isn't it? I read that this board takes 6 watt in idle, plus HDD 5 watts, plus the DVB-S ~4 Watts this should be 15 watts.

How much do your boards consume?

Bye
MPW

Go into the BIOS and enable all the C-States and/or try a newer kernel. If that is working and it hopefully uses less power, try playing with the legacy options for your projector. Otherwise take a look at manually editing the Xorg config file for your projector. I never had to do this, so I can't really help you. On my projector everything works ootb (currently typing this message from my J1800-D2H and using my 720p projector as monitor)
Hi there,
just got this "ALTERNATIVE NUC....SOUND PROOF" 4 days ago:

* MS-Tech CI-70 (including, PicoPSU 120W)
* ASRock Q1900B (Quad-Celeron 2ghs-2,5ghz/MiniITX) (Q1900B-ITX)
* KINGSTON SSDNow 60GB V300 SATA3 6,4cm (SV300S37A/60G)
* Kingston 4GB Modul 1600MHz Non-ECC CL11 SODIMM 1_35V (KVR16LS11/4)
Price, DK, 225 Euro´s (we have 25% tax in DK)! Good price!

(Beware of the motherboard, as there is various versions of it; look the one with S/Pdif out, Sata3 (I got the one whitout sadly, bu no big issue really)).

On Win7 + XBMC Gotham, use it for PVR though Myth(Buntu)TV (this machine (my former HTCP) hold dual core pentium 2,5ghz, 2 GB ram and 2 TB WD Nas HD + Terreatec Cyergi CI HD).

It play everthing I trow at it and TV/movies runs super fine!

Reason to buy this one:
* 100% NO SOUNDS!
* CPU no Fans, HD no Sound, PSU no Sound --> The small sound there comes from former Mediacenters was is annyoing!
* TDP watts low = alway on!!!!
* HiFi Look`n`like (you can get cheaper boxes w. PicoPSU, but they is lees HiFI look´n´like).
* Intels NUCs look to much plastic, have fans!

Links for the case and some other info:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119351
https://www.google.com/search?q=ms-tech+...d=0CCUQsAQ
(Spanish site): http://www.xatakahome.com/trucos-y-brico...-1-la-caja
(German site): http://gurunest.com/2013/10/htpc-bauvorschlag

I use settings (not sure on the english wording/translation as I set it up to danish :-) :
* Diable "run as window"
* Enable "Use movie refresh rate"
* Deinterlace "On, DVXA best"
* Upscaling "Automatic" (as I see most HD channels and 720p movies, I see no big improvemt using the other settings, did play with Lacross3, and framerate might went down --> no sure how to measure completly?)
*Hardware accelation "On, DVXA", but read it might give better picture quvality to use Pixel sharders, so gonna try that!

Question, what is the best settings? Anyone got ideas for that?
mSATA SSD would be nice in this Case.
Why don't you choose the Case with 60W PSU?
| myHTPC |
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bay Trail-D motherboards8