• 64(current)
[RELEASE] Ace
Watched flags display incorrectly

The skin is wonderful. I especially like the prominence given to in progress shows on the movies and TV screens. However, I'm having an odd issue. I've installed Ace on two of my clients and the watched flags appear corrupted in both. In Aeon MQ5, I just see a check mark for watched shows, but in Ace I'm seeing a triangle with a blue square, which I do not believe is intended behavior. This is what I'm seeing:

I've uninstalled and re-installed the theme to ensure it wasn't a corrupted download. Here are the client specs:

Client 1 (Desktop):

Gotham Beta 1 build
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Core i5 4670K @ 4.5 Ghz
16 GB RAM
GTX770 SLI

Client 2 (HTPC):
Gotham nightly 3/9/14
Windows 7 Pro x86
Core i3 @ 3.2 ghz
4 GB Ram
GT 430
@jasonwc, this is the correct image for watched item, nothing wrong.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Thanks - sorry for my ignorance. I was just expecting a check mark. I really love the look of Ace, but there is still one feature that I would like to see ported from Confluence. When the Global Search add-on is installed and Confluence is enabled, there is a visible search bar above the main menu. This is missing in Aeon MQ5 and Ace. I realize you can still do a search by selecting the search option, but I prefer the ease of access in Confluence (higher WAF as it's visible). Is there a way to add the search bar in Ace?
I'm going to start by saying this skin is absolutely amazing and my favorite after working with over five.

I ran into a bit of a noob snafu. I somehow disabled my "recently played" widgets for Rom Collection Browser when I hover over the "games" nav items. I think?

I've scoured this thready, but only see one mention of it and they say to make sure "recently played" is selected in the top left. However, I can't seem to find this.

My apologies if this has already been answered, but can someone tell me how to bring this awesome feature back?
(2014-03-10, 14:09)Wanilton Wrote: @jasonwc, this is the correct image for watched item, nothing wrong.

I prefer the watched flag from Aeon MQ5. Is it possible to simply replace the watched flag image in Ace with the one from MQ5?
(2014-03-08, 23:51)idoru17 Wrote: HI, I recently used Ace and finf it very appealing but I have an issue tho, on the main screen I don't have any recently added movies or tv-shows when I've just added 200 movies. The display number of movies is right, entering the movies section I can see them, just at the level parent there isn't any recently items.

Does someone know how to fix this ?

fresh install of xbmc 12.3git: 201312129ed3e58 (2013-12-29)
central database on a nas, populated
windows 7 x64
skin 2.0.1 frodo (2013-11-30) darkness theme

Somehow my previous xbmc was bugged, so I went fresh and now I can see the recently added entries but now I have an issue wwith themes. I've downloaded ace extra pack and obviously it's working as I have animated weather icons but I just can't use any theme other than the default one, the backgrounds don't appear when the files are present in user data/addon data/skin ace extrapack/blah blah...

any ideas why ?
(2013-07-15, 08:53)Ghostdivision Wrote: Hello, I am just using rom collection browser, it can be a bit of learning curb to setup but once you get the hang of it, not to bad.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70115

Other then using that, just making sure most played in the top left corner is active should do it.

For controller im just using a 360 controller, using this thing from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-...41-4483429

Sorry to bump this so quickly, but I wanted to provide context. My widgets were there; now they're gone. Not sure what I did or what to do. Where's the "most played" option?

Please help!
This is by far my favorite theme.

The solution to my above issue was... well, I actually don't know. BUT it's working! I played with everything, but I believe the solution was to edit the add on "skin widgets" and toggle the default settings. I moved some values around and played a couple emulators and, bam. Maybe it had to do with the activity level?

Patience was the ultimate answer. Man, I love this theme. Very clean. Very configurable. Next to figure out PVR!
(2014-03-12, 15:37)jasonwc Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 14:09)Wanilton Wrote: @jasonwc, this is the correct image for watched item, nothing wrong.

I prefer the watched flag from Aeon MQ5. Is it possible to simply replace the watched flag image in Ace with the one from MQ5?

I changed mine by following this threads help. Worked an absolute treat:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169282
Unfortunately it is not possibke to disable CU Lyrics in ths skin, or am I missing something?
I listen to music without any vocals most of the time and every time a new track starts the "No lyrics found!" message appears. Not a big issue, but annoying somehow.
So it would be highly appreciated if it would be possible to disable CU lyrics.
Kodi 17.6
(2014-05-17, 23:48)Protheon Wrote: Unfortunately it is not possibke to disable CU Lyrics in ths skin, or am I missing something?
I listen to music without any vocals most of the time and every time a new track starts the "No lyrics found!" message appears. Not a big issue, but annoying somehow.
So it would be highly appreciated if it would be possible to disable CU lyrics.

The only way I'm aware of is to disable or uninstall the CU LRC Lyrics add-on!
Moppi1988
Moppi1988
Kodi 19.1 under Win10 PC (64 bit)
That's the point...

Sad
Kodi 17.6
Interesting, and what about deactivating? That's what I did and it works for me (I use Ace as well)
Moppi1988
Moppi1988
Kodi 19.1 under Win10 PC (64 bit)
You need to disable it as a service, it's an option somewhere in the lyrics add-on.
(2014-05-18, 15:15)moppi1988 Wrote: Interesting, and what about deactivating? That's what I did and it works for me (I use Ace as well)
Moppi1988

I get a similar error message then.

(2014-05-18, 15:18)Jeroen Wrote: You need to disable it as a service, it's an option somewhere in the lyrics add-on.

Thanks, that did the trick, but I had to switch from Ace to Confluence in order to see all the options - in Ace there are only 3 settings visible Rolleyes
- use only filemame for search
- filename format
- clean song title (remove part in brackets)

In the scrapers section there is only
- search for embedded lyrics

At least the lyrics could not be found message does not pop up every time now, but it is still not possible to uninstall or deactivate CU Lrc Lyrics.
Kodi 17.6
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Ace26