• 6(current)
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices
@kozmo2k4

If it was not been clear the MX build is 100% Corey's, I only compiled it and maybe bumped to latest Gotham commit (a minor edit) so all the thank should be directed to Corey.
(2014-05-16, 02:56)dhead Wrote: @kozmo2k4

If it was not been clear the MX build is 100% Corey's, I only compiled it and maybe bumped to latest Gotham commit (a minor edit) so all the thank should be directed to Corey.

@dhead, I was just being concerned about "MX" build posted in "M3 thread". Maybe need to make it stand out more (disclaimer)....
./justsayin'
OK: M3-xx.test2 flashed (original gBox Midnight M3) and running great so far. Seems smoother than j1nx v2 or STTV v5, no stutter or audio sync issues. Haven't triet 1080p yet, as it is connected to only 32" TV. But I will try "Bunny" test clips later on.
Once again, great job @dhead keeping these M3 boxes alive! Thank you.
@dhead and xbmc devs,

I also compile my own builds (for family and friends) and one thing that I miss is - audio passthru Sad

On j1nx builds with xbmc 12.2 I was able to get DTS/dd passed to my receiver on the m3 boxes but since moving to 13 I cannot anymore(?)

What I tried
- setting up new settings.xml as per Gotham to be able to enable DTS/DD settings
- remove appropriate advancesettings.
- building of dhead kernels which I assume are same/similar to jinx
- I was able to enable DTS/dd on xbmc but nothing shows on my receiver - I assume it's all PCM

So am I correct to say that the AE refactor that happend in XBMC 13 killed this feature in m3?

Anyway i can help I will as I think this boxes tick 99% of everything I need Smile
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
Well, my joy of Gotham+Linux on M3 was short lived. I sold it today... The "test 2" build ran great for the few hours I got to play with it without any hiccups.
Amlogic Quad core here I come....
@Ilia

Without diving into XBMC code my guess is the same as yours regarding passthrough.
I plan to look further into this but it's not a priority as multichannel audio output can still be achieved by sending LPCM to the AVR.
I also don't have an AVR so it's impossible for me to test it.
@dhead,

Thanks and thanks for your builds - helped me better understand things Smile
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
@Ilia

I'm happy you learned something in the process.
If you doing more than just generating images then you're welcome also to contribue some code.

Main repository for the Buildroot tree is Corey's and I believe that in the following days I'll send a PR with updated configs for at least the G-Box 2.1/2.2 to his repo.

Kernel wise, currently Corey's m3 kernel repo is upstream and I'll send updated configs to his repo (I'm not quite sure about the future as for his M3 builds he's using a kernel tree from Amlogic private server).
@dhead: your "MX Gotham" build is running great here. Only thing I'm trying to figure out is why it doesn't mount USERDATA from USB thumbdrive...
Maybe we need a M6/MX dedicated thread as not to congest this one and create confusion among participants?
One issue I've noticed with the MX builds is ever since the network manager was introduced there has been a problem with the box connecting to the Internet and/or xbmc repo (at least for me anyway). What happens is it connects to the wireless fine and picks up an IP address etc but the xbmc.org repo is empty, even after a reboot and a force refresh/check for updates. At first, once I connected to my wireless I was powering the box off and on using the remote but the wireless wouldn't save. It would only save if I selected the standby button from the XBMC interface. However when I then powered it back on every time I checked get add-ons it was empty, even though the wireless was still connected ok and I tried a refresh etc. I don't have this problem with my old gbox midnight and these builds with the same network manager. I think what is happening with the MX is XBMC is starting to quick before the networking is fully ready and therefore the get add-ons / repo is empty. Does anyone else have this issue? I tried a Jaybob MX build a few weeks ago and had the same problem but his build has an option to delay startup, you don't notice any difference in time so it must only be an extra second or so it needs. Perhaps it doesn't happen on the M3 build because it takes that second longer to load? Is there a way I can delay startup to test it?
Hello all, I don`t understund if this firmware are compatibile with amlogic meson m3.It s only for mx version?Thanks a lot.
(2014-05-19, 21:00)dreamers Wrote: Hello all, I don`t understund if this firmware are compatibile with amlogic meson m3.It s only for mx version?Thanks a lot.

If the firmware is listed as "M3_Linux-xxxx.zip", it is for the single core Amlogic M3 boxes.
"Read twice - flash once" is a good rule to go by....
I have successful been using the test1 Gotham build on a g-box midnight. I want to change some advancedsettings and was planning on sshing into the box. However, I cant seem to figure out what the password is. Tried g-box and admin. If I missed it I apologize.
(2014-05-20, 17:44)kozmo2k4 Wrote:
(2014-05-19, 21:00)dreamers Wrote: Hello all, I don`t understund if this firmware are compatibile with amlogic meson m3.It s only for mx version?Thanks a lot.

If the firmware is listed as "M3_Linux-xxxx.zip", it is for the single core Amlogic M3 boxes.
"Read twice - flash once" is a good rule to go by....

Thanks for reply, I have installaed M3_Linux-xxxx.zip in my bluetime box, xbmc start but the usb port do not work (not recognized?)and ethernet not run.
Someone have this trouble
Sorry for my bad english.
@shinyxbmc

root:letmein

@dreamers

Specific BlueM3 build will come, sorry for taking so long but my free time is limited and I want to review the code before uploading images.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices7