• 17(current)
Change channel really slow
@Dennisreneholm: Only by compiling XBMC yourself using the sources from: https://github.com/margro/xbmc/tree/Frodo (Frodo branch).
The changes are inside XBMC itself, so updating the addon alone won't work.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Okay, guess I just have to wait for Gotham to be released :-)
Thanks for your answer!
Kodi is the best HTPC software i know.
I've been using it since Dharma<3

@Dennisreneholm: Well, these channel switch speed improvements won't be part of Gotham (pull request was put on hold). However, some other changes that also improve the channel switch speed a bit did make it into Gotham. It won't be as fast as in my builds, but it is still a large improvement.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
(2014-04-28, 21:54)margro Wrote: @Dennisreneholm: Well, these channel switch speed improvements won't be part of Gotham (pull request was put on hold). However, some other changes that also improve the channel switch speed a bit did make it into Gotham. It won't be as fast as in my builds, but it is still a large improvement.

But you will probably compile final version of Gotham to include your changes?
From the XBMC download page: "NOTICE: In case you downloaded XBMC 13.0 release on Sunday morning May 4, please re-download and install it again.
Video playback may have been affected in that version."
Quick question: is the margro release we can find here (http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...tml#gotham) maybe based on the Sunday download/code?
Is it worth to rebuild it with a "after-sunday" release?

Thx,
Dakkar
@Dakkar: Just checked the new commits for the re-release and the video fix was mainly for non-Windows.
However, after the re-release several other fixes were added to the Gotham branch like a audio seek fix and a few PVR related fixes.

I have uploaded a new version with all post-Gotham release bugfixes included.
(2014-05-08, 19:57)margro Wrote: @Dakkar: Just checked the new commits for the re-release and the video fix was mainly for non-Windows.
However, after the re-release several other fixes were added to the Gotham branch like a audio seek fix and a few PVR related fixes.

Great.
Thank you!!!
P.
anyone else experience deinterlace issues on latest releases, since rc1, only on dedicated nvidia card here.

intel and ion, no issues ... may i ask since when the new ffmpeg is included ?

when i go back to beta all is fine, rc and newer no more deinterlace here ...
(2014-05-08, 19:57)margro Wrote: @Dakkar: Just checked the new commits for the re-release and the video fix was mainly for non-Windows.

Thanks a lot for your work !
Thanks margro!
(2014-05-09, 20:19)alturismo Wrote: anyone else experience deinterlace issues on latest releases, since rc1, only on dedicated nvidia card here.

intel and ion, no issues ... may i ask since when the new ffmpeg is included ?

when i go back to beta all is fine, rc and newer no more deinterlace here ...

Same here. I've also tried the official final build and it's not deinterlacing too.
@margro

Would you please compile new version for windows with your changes for faster chanell switching. It is now 13.1 beta 2, already and includes fix for PVR resume when starting up XBMC, which doesn't work correctly in 13.0 stable version. Or you will you wait for 13.1 stable?
Hi guys, is this problem occurs only on Windows with Media-Portal pvr-plugin, or other plugins suffer either?
hi margro

Media Portal 1.8 Pre Release

Highlights of this release

Enhanced TV experience

MediaPortal IconThe default protocol for LiveTV streaming on a multi-seat setup is RTSP. MediaPortal has an option to change this to UNC for those that experience problems with RTSP, but we've had a long long lasting issue with UNC paths, because of a Microsoft problem with the SMB2/3 cache.
After a lot of work on the TsReader filter from our developer Owlsroost, we can now say that this 'known issue' is now solved, and the issues related to UNC paths should be fixed now!

need your TV server plugin now an update? because of this change in TS reader @ TVE3engine?

it should work fine !?! i test it today
Then adjust your plugin version to 1.8
maybe MediaPortal 1.6.x/1.7.x - TVServerXBMC plugin to v1.8.0.1337 ;-)
(2014-05-22, 09:41)qzem Wrote: @margro

Would you please compile new version for windows with your changes for faster chanell switching. It is now 13.1 beta 2, already and includes fix for PVR resume when starting up XBMC, which doesn't work correctly in 13.0 stable version. Or you will you wait for 13.1 stable?

got this error never noticed in the stable version.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change channel really slow2