• 58(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
On an external hard drive I have my movies strored. This hard drive only is plugged in when I watch a video / temporarily. How could I make XBMC / Universal Movie Scraper to keep the videos displayed (movie information and series information e.g.), when the HD is plugged off? When I start XBMC and the HD is plugged off, the movie information obviously will be deleted and the next time the HD is plugged in, the movies / series are not scraped again,I first have to re-change the settings for the kind of videos (series, movies) which are stored in the folders.
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
You could use profiles.

You could also switch off auto scanning on startup.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you, nickr.

So, the XBMC user profiles.

Switching off auto scanning, good idea...but so the new added videos in internal folders would not be scraped (or scraping only, when the external HD is plugged in), or may be you can switch off auto scanning for special folders.
Actually I read somwhere that there was a change in gotham so that when you scanned, offline nases would not have their material deleted. Whether this applies to removale drives, I do not know.

If using profiles, basically I would set up one profile with all your sources, including the removable, the other would be just the fixed drives.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
OK, I will try that out, the profiles, hope switching between the profiles will be done easily / conveniently.

Or (and) wait for the stable Gotham then...actually I would think, it also applies to removable drives, but...

Well, many thanks.
I am happy now cuz my problem fixed by Media Companion MC3.596b has the new Feature .. Option to fill <tag> field from Plot Keywords available from IMDB/TMDB and its work perfectly Big Grin
Hi, I've noticed recently that the "Writer" information always comes up as "Info Unavailable" even if it is available on themoviedb. I have Universal Movie Scraper set to get Writer info from TheMovieDB. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? I have also tried refreshing movies that were previously scraped when it still worked correctly, and when they refresh the Writer changes to "Info Unavailable".

Thanks, Jack Smile
(2014-04-18, 16:20)jackfifield Wrote: Hi, I've noticed recently that the "Writer" information always comes up as "Info Unavailable" even if it is available on themoviedb. I have Universal Movie Scraper set to get Writer info from TheMovieDB. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? I have also tried refreshing movies that were previously scraped when it still worked correctly, and when they refresh the Writer changes to "Info Unavailable".

Thanks, Jack Smile

This should be fixed by now.
It had began to look metadata for .strm file :S
(2013-12-08, 22:42)EGOvoruhk Wrote:
(2013-08-22, 01:20)SorryGoFish Wrote: The wrong title is getting scraped for http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/ - Instead of "Star Trek" it's getting "Star Trek (IMAX DMR version)". Thanks.

Same here, which is very weird, since that title only exists for the "Hong Kong (English title) (IMAX version)" AKA: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/releaseinfo

FYI: My "Preferred Title Language" is set to USA/International

Maybe there's an issue with what IMDb is broadcasting as the title?

I just had this happen with another film, "Fever Pitch". It scrapes it as "The Perfect Catch" (Which is one of the alternate IMDb titles, of course). Funny thing is, if you press the info button to look at the plot/cast/crew details, it says "Fever Pitch" under the "Original title" section, so obviously it's pulling the correct title from somewhere. So I tried setting Universal Movie Scrapper's "Preferred Title Language" to "Keep Original", but it still scrapes the wrong title, and still displays the correct title under "Original title". I went back and looked at Star Trek's details page, and it has the correct title in there too

Are we sure this is just an IMDb issue? Because UMS is clearly scrapping the right data, and lists it at as the original title, but doesn't apply it correctly.
I presently use Media Center Master to sort movie files and update metadata. I'm wondering if this plugin, UMS, can do the same thing. Pardon any misunderstanding...I have UMS set as my 'scraper', and have made appropriate settings. My questions are...will UMS...

1. Automatically create/add new metadata file/update metadata?
2. Auto sort new movies, i.e. auto-create new respective folder for the movie and move the movie file into it?
3. Auto add/update all artwork/posters, etc?

Thanks, Scott
(2014-05-18, 07:14)EGOvoruhk Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 22:42)EGOvoruhk Wrote:
(2013-08-22, 01:20)SorryGoFish Wrote: The wrong title is getting scraped for http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/ - Instead of "Star Trek" it's getting "Star Trek (IMAX DMR version)". Thanks.

Same here, which is very weird, since that title only exists for the "Hong Kong (English title) (IMAX version)" AKA: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/releaseinfo

FYI: My "Preferred Title Language" is set to USA/International

Maybe there's an issue with what IMDb is broadcasting as the title?

I just had this happen with another film, "Fever Pitch". It scrapes it as "The Perfect Catch" (Which is one of the alternate IMDb titles, of course). Funny thing is, if you press the info button to look at the plot/cast/crew details, it says "Fever Pitch" under the "Original title" section, so obviously it's pulling the correct title from somewhere. So I tried setting Universal Movie Scrapper's "Preferred Title Language" to "Keep Original", but it still scrapes the wrong title, and still displays the correct title under "Original title". I went back and looked at Star Trek's details page, and it has the correct title in there too

Are we sure this is just an IMDb issue? Because UMS is clearly scrapping the right data, and lists it at as the original title, but doesn't apply it correctly.

I get something similar. I have UMS set to "Preferred Title Language" = "USA/International". However, it refuses to scrape correctly.
In my case I noticed it with the movie "Pan's Labyrinth" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457430/);

(original title) = "El laberinto del fauno"
World-wide (English title) = "Pan's Labyrinth"

UMS scrapes it as "El laberinto del fauno"...

Something is fishy, as even in my browser, I can't get it to display "Pan's Labyrinth". Even after I log on to imdb.com and change my preferences there to "USA" (there is no option of "USA/International"), it still either shows the title in the language from which my IP-address originates (Sweden) (when I choose "USA") or the Original title (Spanish) (when I choose "Original").

Perhaps imdb.com have changed something lately...?
@Erik.p: could you please provide a log for this?
(2014-06-01, 13:49)Tangata Manu Wrote: @Erik.p: could you please provide a log for this?

http://pastebin.com/Q36bDm37

Poked around in the logs, and found this...does that help?
(2014-06-01, 20:46)erik.p Wrote:
(2014-06-01, 13:49)Tangata Manu Wrote: @Erik.p: could you please provide a log for this?
http://pastebin.com/Q36bDm37
Poked around in the logs, and found this...does that help?

Hi erik.p,

Whether you see or not on your browser the title in Swedish, English whatsoever, is irrelevant to the scraping issue, which is what I am going to focus here.

The issue appears to be: when UMS scrapes the AKA ('also known as' titles) to get the us-English title (you can see that happening on lines 16-17 of your log), guess what happens! The one that IMDB displays on the main page of the movie is 'El laberinto del Fauno', even when 'Pan's Labyrinth' exists amongst the full list of AKA titles. The one that commands the us-en is the one displayed on the main page. You can see it yourself in IMDB's page for the movie, under the label 'Details', 5th line: "Also Known As: El laberinto del fauno See more »"

So, nothing to do with UMS but actually the way in which this data was first registered for this particular movie.

Action's you can take on your side
Immediate action
Go to Videos->Files and browse till you see the folder of this movie. Then hover on it and call contextual menu (press letter c or right-click mouse)->Select Change Content->Settings->Get Title From and select themoviedb.org, then English and press 'OK', and 'OK' again. Go to your movie library and within 'movie information' for the 'Laberinto del Fauno' select 'Refresh', and you will get the correct title from TMDB. This will only affect this particular movie and every time you want to refresh it, it will get the right info.

Not so immediate action (but could benefit others)
Try to edit this field on IMDB to show the first one as 'Pan's Labyrinth' (well, I have done this anyway and perhaps it will take effect within the next 2 weeks or perhaps not, up to them)

Hope that helps!
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9