• 168(current)
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only)
Sorry, a newbie here.
Am I to understand correctly that this skin does not install on the latest Openelec 4.0.4?

When I try, it takes a long time, then installs all add-ons but gives an installation error at the end.
Should work. I'm using it on 2 HTPC running OpenELEC 4.0.4.

Look at your xbmc.log file to search for errors.

BTW, you can simply unzip the file (and other needed scripts listed in first topic) in addon folder (need to use SSH commands as addon folder is not shared by Samba so it won't be listed when accessing \\openelec share point in your file explorer).
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Thanks for your fast reply. I will try tonight when I get home Smile
(2014-06-06, 11:03)mikebzh44 Wrote: Should work. I'm using it on 2 HTPC running OpenELEC 4.0.4.

Look at your xbmc.log file to search for errors.

BTW, you can simply unzip the file (and other needed scripts listed in first topic) in addon folder (need to use SSH commands as addon folder is not shared by Samba so it won't be listed when accessing \\openelec share point in your file explorer).
(2014-06-06, 01:23)McButton Wrote: 2) I saw there was a MOD for the Infowall to stop the vids from popping OUT and having a dim view, but I can't get it to load in the slightest. It looked great on Frodo...and other skins. The popout just takes away from everything else.

(2014-06-06, 06:38)Warner306 Wrote: 2) Return to this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154664&page=3.

This time, unzip the contents of the downloaded file and place the Viewtype_AddonWall.xml in the following location: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.Aeon-Nox-Gotham\1080i. Replace the existing file and you're good to go. If it doesn't work, send a private message to ShadowTek.

If you don't want all the changes introduced by the mod, you can just edit a few lines in your Viewtype_AddonWall.xml file. sveni_lee helped me figure it out with his post here. However, for some reason it wasn't as simple for me as changing a couple lines like he instructed. I had to comment out almost ALL instances of <colordiffuse>FF727171</colordiffuse>, which I did using a search and replace on the term colordiffuse>FF727171</colordiffuse and replaced it with !--colordiffuse>FF727171</colordiffuse--. I left the ones that seemed to relate to music alone since I don't use XBMC for music anyways.

I was a little concerned that this would have unwanted side effects, but so far I haven't noticed any.

I also tried removing the zoom effect and once again had to comment out more than the one instance mentioned by sveni_lee. However, I didn't like this change, because without the zoom or background dimming, there is no way to tell which title is highlighted, except by looking at the info panel. So I compromised and disabled the dimming but kept the zooming, and I gotta say the zoom has grown on me. I like it better than the simple blue highlight used in Nox for Frodo because it makes which title is selected more obvious, and lets you get a better look at the cover art.

Here's a link to download my edited Viewtype_AddonWall.xml file if you'd like to take a look.[/code]
(2014-06-06, 06:38)Warner306 Wrote: Go to viewtype settings for showcase view and change the options to view thumbnail rather than fanart. That should fix it. I can't remember the name of the option, but you should see a screen offering different layout options for the showcase panel.

I think i understand where you are specifying, as circled here....
but those dont seem to change anything, even after a restart. I am unsure if I corrupted something when installing 4.1.9. Any ideas? (i am probably looking in the wrong spot, haha)
question: the cover art on the OSD swivels round to reveal the plot. How do I turn this off?

Thanks.
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
solution was posted within the last 5 or so pages
(2014-05-01, 17:22)woodside Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 10:20)firetix Wrote:
(2014-04-24, 20:23)Eisi2005 Wrote: @warlion

since one of the last git updates i have the following problem. If i press info during a playing movie i get on the left side the cover of the movie with a rolling disc. But after 5 seconds the cover and the disc disappear and i get the plot of the movie there. This dont look very nice in my eyes. Could i disable this "feature" ?

I agree, this don't look quite nice.
Is there an option to disable that ?

I thought this didn't look good either. It took me a couple of hours to track it down but I fixed this by commenting out the following lines in "includes.xml"

1249 thru 1253
1300 thru 1304 (if you have "case on info screen" enabled)
1383 thru 1423

Thanks. How do you mean "commenting out" ?

Just delete those lines?
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
(2014-06-07, 12:41)smallclone Wrote: Thanks. How do you mean "commenting out" ?

Just delete those lines?

Here's an example of comments-
Code:
<!-- This is a commented line.         !-->

Commented lines are ignored by the software but it lets you easily remove and save changes. Also add remarks. Just add the symbols at the beginning and end of the lines you want to comment.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-06-07, 04:25)cheeseman42001 Wrote:
(2014-06-06, 06:38)Warner306 Wrote: Go to viewtype settings for showcase view and change the options to view thumbnail rather than fanart. That should fix it. I can't remember the name of the option, but you should see a screen offering different layout options for the showcase panel.

I think i understand where you are specifying, as circled here....
but those dont seem to change anything, even after a restart. I am unsure if I corrupted something when installing 4.1.9. Any ideas? (i am probably looking in the wrong spot, haha)

I was talking about this option, which is in Landscape view. If using showcase, this might not appear. It might not be available in every media section, either. The example below is a video add-on. I was assuming what you downloaded with each game were thumbnails not fanart, which would explain why the window is blank.

I'm currently using Advanced Launcher with the Infowall view to display my graphic novel collection. I would like to hide or remove the colored floor at the bottom as it serves no purpose but covers the bottom of the fanart. I've tried to find what I need to edit in the xml files with no luck. If possible I only want to remove it from the Infowall view and not the others. If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. One of these days I'll have the money to bribe you all for tweaks and such. Thank you for keeping the best XBMC skin alive and thank you for any help you can give me.

Love this view for my graphic novels, but it would look so much cleaner without that floor.
Hi

On Frodo NOX version I have used Showcase view and on my films and TV shows the fanart in the Infopanel would rotate through all my extrafanart folders for that film or show. Have I missed a setting to enable this in Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) ??
(2014-06-08, 12:38)zorg2000k Wrote: Hi

On Frodo NOX version I have used Showcase view and on my films and TV shows the fanart in the Infopanel would rotate through all my extrafanart folders for that film or show. Have I missed a setting to enable this in Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) ??

I'm looking for the same thing but in the infowall view

(2014-06-07, 13:10)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-06-07, 12:41)smallclone Wrote: Thanks. How do you mean "commenting out" ?

Just delete those lines?

Here's an example of comments-
Code:
<!-- This is a commented line.         !-->

Commented lines are ignored by the software but it lets you easily remove and save changes. Also add remarks. Just add the symbols at the beginning and end of the lines you want to comment.
FYI... the "!" at the end is not needed.
To comment out lines you add <!-- at the beginning of a section you want to comment out (disable or add comments to) and at the end of the section you add -->

I really wish Warlion wouldn't have abandon this thread with so many things still unsettled. I would think most people don't like the plot info shown in that way ( I would surmise this by all the posts of people asking how to disable it) and he should add an option to disable it in the skin. and also fix the install process...in my own humble opinion of course.
(2014-05-31, 21:49)BugRaider84 Wrote: Hello,
I got a bit of a problem at the wall view (with logos instead of text)
As you can see the logo is overlapping with the poster just a little bit and there is a bit of space left to the bottom, so it seems to me it is not 100% centered. It's not a big issue but it's annoying me Tongue
Can someone please tell me the line and the numbers that need to be fixed for that?

Still unsolved! Please help. What lines do I have to adjust for the logo position?
  • 168(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only)25