• 21(current)
Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.0
(2014-04-23, 20:59)zer04c Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 15:17)robweber Wrote: There is a checkbox to let the addon run during video watching but nothing that would make it run specifically then. In all honesty most people dont want it to run when they are watching something because it could lag performance of the video due to the processing power needed as well. The RPI is kind of a underpowered machine, and depending on the skin and other services you have running it could just be taxing the little processor too much.

Thanks , ironically during playback is the time I notice it least. I think it because the RPI is usually running between 40-90 % when using the UI but only about 25% during playback due to the decoding on the hardware.
Would there be a way to activate when the device is idle instead. ?

There is now. Just pushed some changes to git that add an option to "run only when idle". The idea here is that the service listens for the screensaver activated event from xbmc. if a timer is scheduled to run and the screensaver is not active, it will wait until it is before attempting to run the scan. since the screensaver being active is effectively the idle condition here that is the only way this would work. Go ahead and download the zip from github or wait a few days and I'll do a repo pull. This will be for Gotham only.

(2014-04-28, 10:30)akhlan Wrote: Hi,

I would like use this add-on but I have a problem... I use a NAS and if I put this script in the contrab and the NAS is switch off, My update will delete all informations...

How resolve this issue ?

Rgds

A real easy way would be to just leave your NAS on Wink In all seriousness though why would the NAS not being up delete all your information - unless you are also doing a clean at the same time? If you are doing that then that is just some bad planning, I suggest you check the "verify sources" option in the cleaning settings so that it will check if the NAS is up before doing a clean. This is assuming you haven't added the <cleanonupdate> tag to an advancedsettings file. If you're on Gotham then xbmc should do the verify for you. Either way your information shouldn't all be deleted just because the source is not available.
Not sure if it's a Gotham related issue (though I don't recall ever experiencing it on Frodo). I have it set up so the library gets cleaned after the updates which run every hour. The option for it to run during playback is also enabled. Now during playback, after the updates, a dialog box pops up when it starts cleaning. I don't recall this happening prior to upgrading to Gotham.
I've always noticed a pop-up box when cleaning my library (pretty much every xbmc version I can remember) so I don't think it's Gotham specific. I do think that <backgroundonupdate> tag for advancedsettings is supposed to hide this.

I also found this old trac ticket from Frodo, that is the only mention I could find about this. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13547
(2014-05-07, 20:39)helloterence Wrote: Not sure if it's a Gotham related issue (though I don't recall ever experiencing it on Frodo). I have it set up so the library gets cleaned after the updates which run every hour. The option for it to run during playback is also enabled. Now during playback, after the updates, a dialog box pops up when it starts cleaning. I don't recall this happening prior to upgrading to Gotham.

I get the same thing on windows/gotham and you either cancel the clean or you have to choose to keep or remove each file it finds missing during the clean, and once it starts asking it cannot be stopped. It never happened on frodo and I couldn't see a way to stop it. I should try the hide update setting and see if it helps.

Byron
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC
XBMP/XBMC user since 2002!
What you are experiencing is new Gotham behavior. Here is a brief forum post where Montellese and I discuss it:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182715
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post...
I run version 0.8.5 of this addon on a raspBMC (on Frodo). Resently it stopped updating my library and when I reboot I get an error. Something in the line of "Script error manual.py".
I tried updating it (via rollback I can select 0.8.0, 0.8.5, or 0.9.2) But they all fail to install.
I tried uninstalling so that I can re-install. Even though it shows as uninstalled in the list of addons, it still shows up in the programs menu. In short it fails to uninstall and soon shows up in the list again as installed. Even if I reinstall in the brief period it thinks it is uninstalled it still does not work.

Can I manually delete the files through putty, and if so where are all the files located?
Or alternatively can I download 0.9.3 from github and install manually somehow? And would the latest version work on Frodo
Or is there any other method I can get this up and running again?

BTW I also upgraded to Gotham and still had the same issues and uninstall behaviour. But I also had some unrelated issues with Gotham that I don't want to troubleshoot right now (need more time), so I rolled back.

Thanks for the help and thanks for my only "can't live without" plugin.
Sorry for your troubles - sounds like something weird is going on in the package manager for sure. Especially since it worked and then suddenly had issues, the Frodo version of the addon has not been updated in a while.

0.8.5 is the most recent version for Frodo. Anything higher (0.9.0 +) is Gotham only. You can download via https://github.com/robweber/xbmclibrarya.../frodo-dev but you'll want to clear the old packages out first. A quick google search shows the home folder as being /home/pi/.xbmc - you'll want to go into the addons folder within that and then delete the service.libraryautoupdate folder. Also go into the addons/packages folder and delete anything related to the library update addon too. Reboot xbmc, confirm the addon is no longer there, and re-pull from the repo.
(2014-06-06, 18:16)robweber Wrote: Sorry for your troubles - sounds like something weird is going on in the package manager for sure. Especially since it worked and then suddenly had issues, the Frodo version of the addon has not been updated in a while.

0.8.5 is the most recent version for Frodo. Anything higher (0.9.0 +) is Gotham only. You can download via https://github.com/robweber/xbmclibrarya.../frodo-dev but you'll want to clear the old packages out first. A quick google search shows the home folder as being /home/pi/.xbmc - you'll want to go into the addons folder within that and then delete the service.libraryautoupdate folder. Also go into the addons/packages folder and delete anything related to the library update addon too. Reboot xbmc, confirm the addon is no longer there, and re-pull from the repo.

Worked! Thanks for the quick and accurate response!
I have pinpointed this addon as the reason my TV show episodes are all duplicated. I have my TV shows on an external HDD mounted in /media/MEDIA/TV (where "MEDIA" is the label of the HDD, and /media/ is a symlink to /var/media/), so when I populate my library, the episodes point to TV shows within this directory. When I run this addon and it updates the library, I find duplicate episodes pointing to /var/media/MEDIA/TV. Is there a way I can fix this?
I'd need a debug log to really see what is going on here. My guess is you have some duplicate paths setup to scan in your library. This addon doesn't perform any functions that wouldn't happen if you just selected "scan library" from the XBMC context menu. All it does is set the internal scanning process to a timer; so any duplicate shows aren't the responsibility of the addon, but something with how XBMC is being told to scan the libary.
Hi.

Is the addon supposed to be compatible with Kodi ?

I moved to beta 1 of Kodi and I am facing crashes. See my thread here : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=208254

Any idea ?

Thank you.
(2014-08-19, 02:20)harusp3x Wrote: I have pinpointed this addon as the reason my TV show episodes are all duplicated. I have my TV shows on an external HDD mounted in /media/MEDIA/TV (where "MEDIA" is the label of the HDD, and /media/ is a symlink to /var/media/), so when I populate my library, the episodes point to TV shows within this directory. When I run this addon and it updates the library, I find duplicate episodes pointing to /var/media/MEDIA/TV. Is there a way I can fix this?

I have the exact same problem. I disabled it for now.
(2015-03-04, 21:04)Ritzie Wrote:
(2014-08-19, 02:20)harusp3x Wrote: I have pinpointed this addon as the reason my TV show episodes are all duplicated. I have my TV shows on an external HDD mounted in /media/MEDIA/TV (where "MEDIA" is the label of the HDD, and /media/ is a symlink to /var/media/), so when I populate my library, the episodes point to TV shows within this directory. When I run this addon and it updates the library, I find duplicate episodes pointing to /var/media/MEDIA/TV. Is there a way I can fix this?

I have the exact same problem. I disabled it for now.

I stand by my originanal answer to that post. This addon isn't doing anything "special" it's just calling the UpdateLibrary() built in function. This is the same as if you had kicked off a full library scan yourself from the Kodi context menu. If you're getting duplicates then something else is going on as the scanner is finding them. Full debug log of a scan is really needed to make a definitive ruling on what is happening.
Hey robweber, I absolutely love this addon, but as of today I am getting an odd error.

When ever I try to manually run the addon I get a script failed error with the following in the kodi.log:
http://pastebin.com/A9AKNFb4

I was able to resolve the issue by renaming the settings.xml file that the plugin uses (usersdata/addon_data/service.libraryautoupdate/service.xml) and letting the plugin create a new one. Before I thought about it I had deleted the original settings.xml file so I do not have a way to upload it for review, however, if I see it again I will do so.

Cheers for the plugin!
Thanks for the debug log, that gives me a rough idea of where to start looking. I'll see if I can figure out what went wrong.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.00