• 19(current)
[RELEASE] Twitch.tv
(2014-06-04, 11:52)tryceo Wrote: Okay, I've been working on an app to look at twitch streams on android, and I was trying to request the HLSPlaylist, but it always gives me No Results.

Code:
protected static final String PLAYLISTURL = "http://usher.twitch.tv/select/%1$s.m3u8?nauthsig=%2$s&nauth=%3$s&allow_source=true";

The access token part works fine, but when I try using the token and sig to request a playlist, it just doesn't work. I have encoded the part of the nauthsig and nauth part of the URL. Even when using my browser, it doesn't work.

Why not try one of the hundred native Android apps available yo watch Twitch streams?
Because they don't have source mode or they have a ton of ads.
(2014-06-04, 00:29)MrSprigster Wrote: The latest version on the XBMC Repository is 1.1.1 but if you manually install 1.1.3 it shouldn't downgrade you to 1.1.1 automatically... hmm.

Make sure you are replacing all of the files in the addon.video.twitch folder with the ones from the zip and overwriting all.

Sprig

Yes, what I was doing was downloading said .zip file to a share and pointing xbmc to the zip using the addon manager. Can it not be done this way?

I will try what you said when I get home.
(2014-06-04, 16:12)d2_ricci Wrote:
(2014-06-04, 00:29)MrSprigster Wrote: The latest version on the XBMC Repository is 1.1.1 but if you manually install 1.1.3 it shouldn't downgrade you to 1.1.1 automatically... hmm.

Make sure you are replacing all of the files in the addon.video.twitch folder with the ones from the zip and overwriting all.

Sprig

Yes, what I was doing was downloading said .zip file to a share and pointing xbmc to the zip using the addon manager. Can it not be done this way?

Ah XBMC doesn't like the structure of the zip that git hub creates, so that install method won't work.. and also explains your symptoms. Do a manual install and everything should work correctly.

Sprig
(2014-06-05, 01:06)MrSprigster Wrote:
(2014-06-04, 16:12)d2_ricci Wrote:

Sprig

Ah XBMC doesn't like the structure of the zip that git hub creates, so that install method won't work.. and also explains your symptoms. Do a manual install and everything should work correctly.

Sprig

Are there any plans to update xbmc addons with 1.1.3?
(2014-06-05, 19:40)d2_ricci Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 01:06)MrSprigster Wrote:
(2014-06-04, 16:12)d2_ricci Wrote: Yes, what I was doing was downloading said .zip file to a share and pointing xbmc to the zip using the addon manager. Can it not be done this way?

Sprig

Are there any plans to update xbmc addons with 1.1.3?

Probably not, they don't like updates in quick succession so I'll submit the most up to date version sometime in early July.

Sprig
If something breaks/needs fixing. Just updateSmile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-06-05, 21:30)Martijn Wrote: If something breaks/needs fixing. Just updateSmile

Thanks Martijn, however it isn't broken. 1.1.3 only contains code speed optimisation and a very small feature addition. 1.1.1 is Stable or I would of already asked for the update.

Cheers,

Sprig
(2014-06-05, 21:51)MrSprigster Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 21:30)Martijn Wrote: If something breaks/needs fixing. Just updateSmile

Thanks Martijn, however it isn't broken. 1.1.3 only contains code speed optimisation and a very small feature addition. 1.1.1 is Stable or I would of already asked for the update.

Cheers,

Sprig

Thanks for the continued work on this. I'm just happy this add-on exists and is the only reasons I bought 2 Raspberry Pi's.

Do you know if there is a plan in the works to make one of these for hitbox.tv? I think the old code (pre-HLS) should work pretty well for a hitbox.tv addon...Any thoughts?
No plans from my end to do anything for hitbox.tv but the code is under a GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE so as long as credit is given where applicable any developer can use one of the older versions of this addon as a base if they wish.
hi, got a small issue: every stream i watch is "zoomed in" (~4% missing). I believe this has something to do with the fact that i have to use the zoom setting in confluence as well, to resolve the same issue there. since im using a different skin not having this issue for a long time, i do not know how to fix this without changing the tv settings just for this addon (or maybe go back to confluence). problem occurs no matter the resolution. tyvm for your great work!
(2014-06-06, 07:24)Iuma Wrote: hi, got a small issue: every stream i watch is "zoomed in" (~4% missing). I believe this has something to do with the fact that i have to use the zoom setting in confluence as well, to resolve the same issue there. since im using a different skin not having this issue for a long time, i do not know how to fix this without changing the tv settings just for this addon (or maybe go back to confluence). problem occurs no matter the resolution. tyvm for your great work!

Hi Luma,

Which skin are you using when the issue occurs? I'll install and test and see if the problem is caused at our end.

This may not be helpful, but it's worth running through the video calibration in the XBMC system video output settings page while using the new skin.

Sprig
(2014-06-06, 11:25)MrSprigster Wrote:
(2014-06-06, 07:24)Iuma Wrote: hi, got a small issue: every stream i watch is "zoomed in" (~4% missing). I believe this has something to do with the fact that i have to use the zoom setting in confluence as well, to resolve the same issue there. since im using a different skin not having this issue for a long time, i do not know how to fix this without changing the tv settings just for this addon (or maybe go back to confluence). problem occurs no matter the resolution. tyvm for your great work!

Hi Luma,

Which skin are you using when the issue occurs? I'll install and test and see if the problem is caused at our end.

This may not be helpful, but it's worth running through the video calibration in the XBMC system video output settings page while using the new skin.

Sprig

you are spot on. I had this issue once when I was at a hotel with my RPi and that fixed it. Second, you should not have to use confluence with zoom level so when you runt he calabration, turn off the zoom on your TV.
(2014-06-06, 18:19)d2_ricci Wrote:
(2014-06-06, 11:25)MrSprigster Wrote:

Hi Luma,

Sprig

you are spot on. I had this issue once when I was at a hotel with my RPi and that fixed it. Second, you should not have to use confluence with zoom level so when you runt he calabration, turn off the zoom on your TV.

Thanks for confirming that this solution works d2_ricci and also good point with regards to disabling the zoom first as having that enabled would just confuse things.

Sprig
ty very much for your help friends. i did the following:

1) i checked my tv settings while watching tv - seemed all fine to me.
2) i checked the seetings while pi was used as a source (with confluence active, zoom 0%, edges missing) - everthing normal.
3) just to try, i changed the settings from one auto adjusting mode to another, and TADAAA!!! everything was fine, no zoom needed.
4) switched the skin back to bello, the one i usually use. everything still fine. twitchTV works now without cutting off the edges.
5) ckecked TV settings while watching TV. no cutting off, everything fine.

it seems like my tv is able to use different settings for different input sources - i never even thought about this Angel I'll have to check other video addons & movies, but i guess it will all work out. kinda strange that this "zooming in" problem only occured in TwitchTV addon Huh

thanks a lot to you guys for your fast and comprehensive support!
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Twitch.tv8