• 6(current)
Release PyXBMCt: a Python framework for simple creating UI for XBMC addons
(2014-05-13, 14:34)Dipti Wrote: Thank you very much.

I used ListItems and prepared list of icon and title.
But I want to know how to display description which is printed on second line like Os Simposons, criminal mind,TVZ etc .
And how to display separation line as following image :
Thanks.

Not possible. As I have warned you, you won't get 100% similarity with PyXBMCt. This is the limitation of xbmcgui Python Controls - they have only basic capabilities.
You can try to use skinned interface based on WindowXML class - as I understand, skinned UIs have more capabilities. But in addition to addon Python code you will need to create an XML skin for your interface with textures, images and stuff.
I want to implement Back Button Functionality,like an escape button functionality.
Can I implement back Back button with pyxbmct?

Thanks
Thanks
(2014-05-15, 15:04)Dipti Wrote: I want to implement Back Button Functionality,like an escape button functionality.
Can I implement back Back button with pyxbmct?

Thanks

It depends on what you mean by "Back" button, but Button control can do many things.

Just one quick question: have you read the info and documentation in the 1-st post?
Yes, I looked your first post, but xbmc and python is new for me so confused.
I want to implement such back button which will open previous opened page (Or popup )
Thanks
(2014-05-15, 16:49)Dipti Wrote: Yes, I looked your first post, but xbmc and python is new for me so confused.
I want to implement such back button which will open previous opened page (Or popup )

The example in the 1-st post includes a "Close" button which closes the PyXBMCt window and returns to a previous window.
How to play video in current opened "AddonDialogWindow" class whuch is based on xbmcgui.WindowDialog ?
Please, suggest me any option to play video opened window.
I listed category in AddonDialogWindow at left side of window and when I click on that any category , I want to play respective video at right side.
Is there any way?

Thanks.
Thanks
(2014-05-16, 14:02)Dipti Wrote: How to play video in current opened "AddonDialogWindow" class whuch is based on xbmcgui.WindowDialog ?
Please, suggest me any option to play video opened window.
I listed category in AddonDialogWindow at left side of window and when I click on that any category , I want to play respective video at right side.
Is there any way?
Thanks.

You need to connect your list to a method which will process list clicking events and launch XBMC player with respective videos. Although AddonDialogWindow is a bad choice for this - it always stays on top of XBMC UI, including full-screen video. So you need to either implement some mechanism to hide your dialog window during playback, or use AddonFullWindow, which can hide under full-screen video.

But, as I said before, media contend addons should (I'd say "must") be created as plugins, without bothering with GUI drawing, event processing and all that stuff. Although PyXBMC can be used for media content addons (and I've even experimented with such just to see what PyXBMCt can do), but it is not a good choice for such task - plugin API is much better and simpler, especially using xbmcswift2 as abstraction framework. All you need is to create items lists and pass them to XBMC, and it does the rest.

To put it short: I think you are using a wrong tool for your task.
Just wanted to say "thank you" for this work. I was always slightly daunted by the prospect of using WindowXML from a python script but have found this incredibly easy to use.

I'm using it in a service that I'm writing and it took me less than 5 minutes to do this.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
(2014-06-11, 10:16)el_Paraguayo Wrote: Just wanted to say "thank you" for this work. I was always slightly daunted by the prospect of using WindowXML from a python script but have found this incredibly easy to use.

I'm using it in a service that I'm writing and it took me less than 5 minutes to do this.

Thanks for your kind words.Smile Could you share the code for your design?
Hello Roman_V_M,

I implemented one plugin using Pyxbmct. You did great job.

Please, tell me if you know solution of following problem
how can I store user's login details for my plugin ?
When user click on addon, first I am asking to login after that providing option like VOD, live Streaming etc .
But, now I want to store users login details after user logged in.
So that user do not need to do login frequently.
Please, guide me if you know any information regarding to this problem.
Thanks
(2014-06-12, 11:32)Dipti Wrote: Hello Roman_V_M,

I implemented one plugin using Pyxbmct. You did great job.

Please, tell me if you know solution of following problem
how can I store user's login details for my plugin ?
When user click on addon, first I am asking to login after that providing option like VOD, live Streaming etc .
But, now I want to store users login details after user logged in.
So that user do not need to do login frequently.
Please, guide me if you know any information regarding to this problem.

Not sure how it is related to the topic, but xbmcaddon.Addon.setSetting() and getSetting methods allow to store and retrieve arbitrary parameters to/from addon settings file. Or you can implement your own storage mechanism, especially if there are security concerns.
yes I used that both method setSetting() is working, but getSetting() is not returning any value.
I checked userdata->..->setting.xml is updated using setSetting. but stored value is not getting.
Thanks
(2014-06-12, 12:12)Dipti Wrote: yes I used that both method setSetting() is working, but getSetting() is not returning any value.
I checked userdata->..->setting.xml is updated using setSetting. but stored value is not getting.

Then you must be doing something wrong, because the setSetting()/getSetting() does work. Here is the example of login function:
https://github.com/romanvm/ex.ua.alterna...lt.py#L345
BTW, the login window is implemented using PyXBMCt: https://github.com/romanvm/ex.ua.alterna..._window.py
Don't mind Russian text labels - object names are self-explanatory.
(2014-06-12, 11:01)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2014-06-11, 10:16)el_Paraguayo Wrote: Just wanted to say "thank you" for this work. I was always slightly daunted by the prospect of using WindowXML from a python script but have found this incredibly easy to use.

Thanks for your kind words.Smile Could you share the code for your design?
Happy to share the code. I'm just tidying it up and improving certain bits of functionality.

Will share once I'm happy with it.
Quick update - this is what I've managed to do with your code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN31SAIERhs

Quite happy with this!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PyXBMCt: a Python framework for simple creating UI for XBMC addons4