• 123(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
I created a guide on how to link the sub menus to a playlist.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=197922

Its specifically for The IMDB top 250 movies but could work with any other type of videos.

Enjoy!
(2014-06-15, 14:33)zag Wrote: I created a guide on how to link the sub menus to a playlist.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=197922

Its specifically for The IMDB top 250 movies but could work with any other type of videos.

Enjoy!

Nice guide, but have you tried with the git version of skinshortcuts (submitted to the repo this morning)? If you're happy to manually set the playlist to sort by rating, it removes the need to actually create it. Instead you choose the source from the new "Library Sources" group, tell the system that it contains Movies, for example, and have the playlist automatically generated and linked to the menu item. Just makes it that little bit simpler Smile
There's an easier way to create an IMDb Top 250 playlist than putting files into separate folders by using the built-in playlist tools. They are already capable of finding the Top 250 tag if you scrape your collection with the Universal Movie Scraper:

On an unrelated note, an Oscars Best Picture playlist is a similar type of playlist that can be created by adding a suffix to the file name of all Oscar winners and then setting the playlist to filter by files that end in ".oscars". That is another of my favourites.
Can someone tell me if the issue below can be resolved working with the layout used by this view? I have created a custom wall view. I would like to add a pop-out effect to the focused thumb, but enlarging the thumb on focus causes it to be cut-off by the surrounding panel. I experimented with different tags and cannot find a solution to the image being cut-off. This is the bit of code that was altered to create the larger focused thumb:

Code:
Trial code added to Line 68 of View_499_Wall_Large (Default PosterThumb is 285x185):

<focusedlayout height="315" width="215">
            <control type="group">
                <animation type="Focus">
                    <effect type="zoom" start="95" end="100" time="200" tween="sine" easing="inout" center="auto" />
                    <effect type="fade" start="80" end="100" time="200" tween="sine" easing="in" />
                </animation>        
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>-15</posx>
                        <posy>-15</posy>
                        <width>215</width>
                        <height>315</height>

These are the test files used to import the new "Small Icons" view:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing
(2014-06-15, 22:34)Warner306 Wrote: Can someone tell me if the issue below can be resolved working with the layout used by this view? I have created a custom wall view. I would like to add a pop-out effect to the focused thumb, but enlarging the thumb on focus causes it to be cut-off by the surrounding panel. I experimented with different tags and cannot find a solution to the image being cut-off. This is the bit of code that was altered to create the larger focused thumb

That's being caused by the position and size of the panel container. You will have to code the panel container to give you some breathing space.
Move the panel left by 15 pixels and increase its width by 30 pixels, the same on the y axis, move up 15 increase hight by 30.
Then give the itemlayout icon a <posx>15</posx> and <posy>15</posy>, then the focusedlayout icon <posx>0</posx> and <posy>0</posy>
Finally adjust the Overlay image as needed.

Hope that makes sense. Smile

View_499_Wall_Large.xml
(2014-06-15, 11:20)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-06-15, 03:59)infocus13 Wrote:
(2014-06-09, 03:21)infocus13 Wrote: Hi guys

Awesome update to this skin - thanks!

Question: the recordings list in the PVR view is huge - the font and line spacing are so big that only about 6 recordings fit on one page. Major WAF issue!

Is there any way I can easily change this in the skin?

Thanks

Sorry for the shameless bump, but is there any way to change this - i.e. reduce the font & line spacing in the PVR recordings view?

Cheers

I'd take a shot at changing it, but I don't have any access to Live TV. It should be an easy fix if you know the name of the font being used. All font settings are stored in Font.xml.

It sounds like it might be the standard List view. In that case, activating "slim list" in skin settings could also fix the problem.

Thanks for you reply Warner. Unfortunately Slim List seems to work for every other list EXCEPT the PVR recordings view!!

Slim List is exactly the sort of view/spacing I am after for Recordings.
(2014-06-16, 04:01)infocus13 Wrote:
(2014-06-15, 11:20)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-06-15, 03:59)infocus13 Wrote: Sorry for the shameless bump, but is there any way to change this - i.e. reduce the font & line spacing in the PVR recordings view?

Cheers

I'd take a shot at changing it, but I don't have any access to Live TV. It should be an easy fix if you know the name of the font being used. All font settings are stored in Font.xml.

It sounds like it might be the standard List view. In that case, activating "slim list" in skin settings could also fix the problem.

Thanks for you reply Warner. Unfortunately Slim List seems to work for every other list EXCEPT the PVR recordings view!!

You should wait for a response from BigNoid. It sounds like an oversight/option is missing. The PVR recordings view likely isn't the same list view as all the others.
(2014-06-16, 03:48)Steveb Wrote:
(2014-06-15, 22:34)Warner306 Wrote: Can someone tell me if the issue below can be resolved working with the layout used by this view? I have created a custom wall view. I would like to add a pop-out effect to the focused thumb, but enlarging the thumb on focus causes it to be cut-off by the surrounding panel. I experimented with different tags and cannot find a solution to the image being cut-off. This is the bit of code that was altered to create the larger focused thumb

That's being caused by the position and size of the panel container. You will have to code the panel container to give you some breathing space.
Move the panel left by 15 pixels and increase its width by 30 pixels, the same on the y axis, move up 15 increase hight by 30.
Then give the itemlayout icon a <posx>15</posx> and <posy>15</posy>, then the focusedlayout icon <posx>0</posx> and <posy>0</posy>
Finally adjust the Overlay image as needed.

Hope that makes sense. Smile

View_499_Wall_Large.xml

Hi Steveb,

I increased the size of the panel as per your layout and ran into another issue. The items are set to scale vertically, meaning the extra space does not remain vacant - I end up with partial thumbs at the top and bottom of the screen. I had considered this, but now, with the proper layout, I 'm hoping there is a control to remove the auto-scale.

In-Progress - Files to import Small Icons to Aeon Nox:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing

I probably should have left it alone but was determined to leave the buggier Nox 4 behind for Version 5 by importing as many of the views and features that I miss. The default wall view is pretty but annoying for scrolling larger collections.
(2014-06-16, 06:18)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-06-16, 04:01)infocus13 Wrote:
(2014-06-15, 11:20)Warner306 Wrote: I'd take a shot at changing it, but I don't have any access to Live TV. It should be an easy fix if you know the name of the font being used. All font settings are stored in Font.xml.

You should wait for a response from BigNoid. It sounds like an oversight/option is missing. The PVR recordings view likely isn't the same list view as all the others.

Cool - will do, thanks... I thought it was odd that Slim List was applied everywhere except the PVR section. Hopefully this is an easy fix...
(2014-06-16, 07:23)Warner306 Wrote: Hi Steveb,

I increased the size of the panel as per your layout and ran into another issue. The items are set to scale vertically, meaning the extra space does not remain vacant - I end up with partial thumbs at the top and bottom of the screen. I had considered this, but now, with the proper layout, I 'm hoping there is a control to remove the auto-scale.

I probably should have left it alone but was determined to leave the buggier Nox 4 behind for Version 5 by importing as many of the views and features that I miss. The default wall view is pretty but annoying for scrolling larger collections.

Yep, I see what you mean, I only have 18 items on my test machine so I didn't see that problem.BlushBig Grin

Here is another way to achieve the same result, both itemlayout and focusedlayout icons are the same size and I've gone back to your original panel size and position.
Just changed the zoom ..<effect type="zoom" start="95" end="115" time="200" tween="sine" easing="inout" center="auto" /> to 115%

Give that a go and see what you think.

View_499_Wall_Large.xml
(2014-06-16, 08:35)Steveb Wrote:
(2014-06-16, 07:23)Warner306 Wrote: Hi Steveb,

Yep, I see what you mean, I only have 18 items on my test machine so I didn't see that problem.BlushBig Grin

Here is another way to achieve the same result, both itemlayout and focusedlayout icons are the same size and I've gone back to your original panel size and position.
Just changed the zoom ..<effect type="zoom" start="95" end="115" time="200" tween="sine" easing="inout" center="auto" /> to 115%

Give that a go and see what you think.

View_499_Wall_Large.xml

Thank you Steveb. I have incorporated this view into the skin. I created a new thread to share with others. I'm sure BigNoid will sticky it in time. I can only hope he incorporates a similar view in the future to eliminate the need to copy code with each update.

(2014-06-10, 00:21)Warner306 Wrote: BigNoid,

I sampled the last Git with the option for fanart for video playlists. The script works fine, but I am wondering why the fanart is not set to display random images. As is, the user will see the same few images every time they log into XBMC, starting alphabetically in their collection.

My only remaining concern is an answer to this question...and perhaps someone who would like to incorporate Metadata Actors into the skin.
(2014-06-16, 23:03)Warner306 Wrote: Thank you Steveb. I have incorporated this view into the skin. I created a new thread to share with others. I'm sure BigNoid will sticky it in time. I can only hope he incorporates a similar view in the future to eliminate the need to copy code with each update.

No probs, glad to help!
Here are some of the views I've been adding, could give others ideas/inspiration. Wink

BannerInfo (tvshows)

FanartList (episodes, movies,tvshows and seasons) Mainly used for episode view.

ShiftCase (Movies) I made this a separate view instead of a case toggle.
Hi there, just wondering does Nox 5 have a 'Recently Added' fanart background for the Movie and TV Shows home menu items?
I would vote for FanartList being included in the skin. I am never satisfied with the included episode views.
Mmmm fanart list view is nice Smile
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537