How can I connect my iMac with ATV 2 in XBMC
I've searched a lot on Internet but I cannot find how I can reach my iMac within XBMC so I can stream my movies to my ATV 2-gen. Thanx for info.
Mark (Netherlands)
Enable SMB sharing on your iMac. In XBMC go to Videos/Add source/Browse/Add network location... and enter the information (ip from your iMac, username, password, etc.
feikenberg Wrote:Enable SMB sharing on your iMac. In XBMC go to Videos/Add source/Browse/Add network location... and enter the information (ip from your iMac, username, password, etc.

How does that work "Enable SMB sharing on th Imac?" OK Found it.
Hope you are successful. I am jumping to the XBMC for Mac support
Can anyone tell me how to connect to iMac from xbmc on atv2?
The above is not clear enough
Entered ip
Entered user name and password
At least I think I got the username correct bit unclear what that is
What is shared folder?
And why can I still not connect?
We could all really do with an exact clear guide to follow
99% of stuff I've tried on xbmc does not work as there are no guides anywhere
The wiki is a waste of Internet space if I'm honest
Back when I was the first person on the planet to change the Nokia n95 splash screen I created exact clear understandable guides to avoid all this
Anyone?
Anyone tell me in English how to get iPhoto plugin streaming to work too various threads on here bout that are assuming were all Internet/network geniuses
Using words I've never even seen in the English language!
What is zeroconf in file manager?
I can see Nicolas iMac in there but that's not my user name or is it?
Mr & Mrs Thompson is my username when I first turn on mac and it asks for password
and clicking it does nothing anyway?
Anyone?
I know this post is a little old...I'm having the same problem...i have a 2009 imac(not sure if that makes a differents)trying to stream from my imac to my ATV2 using XBMC...played with this for 3 hours last night with no luck...thanks in advance
anyone.....

(2014-06-16, 12:54)dogger99 Wrote: I know this post is a little old...I'm having the same problem...i have a 2009 imac(not sure if that makes a differents)trying to stream from my imac to my ATV2 using XBMC...played with this for 3 hours last night with no luck...thanks in advance
nobody........

(2014-06-16, 17:33)dogger99 Wrote: anyone.....

(2014-06-16, 12:54)dogger99 Wrote: I know this post is a little old...I'm having the same problem...i have a 2009 imac(not sure if that makes a differents)trying to stream from my imac to my ATV2 using XBMC...played with this for 3 hours last night with no luck...thanks in advance
Don't bump posts without new information just for the sake of bumping.

If you want help then you need to actually tell us what you've tried, what problems you've come across, and various other bits of information.

For example, are you using SMB (wiki) sharing? Did you enable that on your mac? Did you try to add the SMB source on XBMC?

We can't help you if we don't know what you are doing. There are a million ways to connect an iMac with an ATV2, so you must be specific.
ok so I turned on file sharing and had smb on. Tried adding a network location using the computers ip and it didn't work.

I also tried samba by using smbup but had no luck with that either.
When you say it didn't work, did XBMC give an error message or anything?
Either said operation timed out or there was some share 2 error

(2014-06-18, 02:05)Ned Scott Wrote: When you say it didn't work, did XBMC give an error message or anything?
(2014-06-18, 14:22)dogger99 Wrote: Either said operation timed out or there was some share 2 error

(2014-06-18, 02:05)Ned Scott Wrote: When you say it didn't work, did XBMC give an error message or anything?
Does it show up if you use the SMB browser inside of XBMC instead of manually typing in the address? Error 2 means the server can't be contacted, so either the address is wrong or the server is having issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I connect my iMac with ATV 2 in XBMC1