• 20(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2014-05-24, 01:37)stewface Wrote: How can I go to a network location that I have opened up in the file system.

first go to the Pictures section in XBMC, click on the 'Add pictures...' option and add your network folder.
that should make the folder show up in the screensaver addon as well.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Bad Image quality - Low Resolution
I've had problems when I've tried the slideshow that sometimes the image that is displayed is of very bad quality with a low resolution. I've now found the issue and wanted to let you others who might get the same problem know the source of it.
My setup is that I've stored all images on a Synology NAS and I connect to it through NFS. However the Synology if you run the photostation application goes though all your images and creates thumbnails in a hidden folder @eadir in the image's folder. You don't see them when you connect through windows, but XBMC that connects though NFS sees these hidden folders and sees the thumbnails pictures in them!
So my solution was to turn of the indexing / thumbnail creation processes in the Synology NAS and then go through my image folder and removing the @eadir:
First, SSH into your Synology NAS box and log in as root, then type this to locate the @eaDir folders:
1 find . -name "@eaDir" -type d | more
If you’re happy you’re not going to accidentally delete something important, then make it happen:
2 find . -name "@eaDir" -type d -print0 | xargs -0 rm -rf
How can I increase the number of characters shown in the filename ? I have long filenames for the pictures and the slideshow truncates them.
(2014-06-26, 09:19)phileas50 Wrote: How can I increase the number of characters shown in the filename ? I have long filenames for the pictures and the slideshow truncates them.
find this file:
screensaver.xbmc.slideshow/resources/skins/default/720p/script-python-slideshow.xml

adjust the width on line 92:
<width>400</width>
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thank you. That did it

uote='ronie' pid='1742614' dateline='1403877647']
(2014-06-26, 09:19)phileas50 Wrote: How can I increase the number of characters shown in the filename ? I have long filenames for the pictures and the slideshow truncates them.
find this file:
screensaver.xbmc.slideshow/resources/skins/default/720p/script-python-slideshow.xml

adjust the width on line 92:
<width>400</width>
[/quote]
Installed xbmc gotham 13.1 onto a windows 7 notebook connected to my tv via hdmi and all is good except when the slideshow screensaver kicks in my music playback stutters and goes slowly.

Fps and cpu utilisation are fine, nothing shows in the logs. Have tried local and streaming (shoutcast) music and the stuttering remains. 9gb bluray rips play fine so its not a throughput issue? The multi slideshow addon does the same thing. Have tried different settings (pan zoom etc) with no luck.

Note that the image files I display in the slideshow are large photos (4-6MB) and are accessed from attached USB storage. I have tried accessing the files off local C: and it did not help. The same files play perfectly in the slideshow when I was run xbmc on an andriod box.

Have not tried froddo on the PC yet so don't know if that would help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT Works fine on PC with Froddo 12.3
Can't get it to work on 13.1 Gotham,
Please advise if supported,

Thanks
Pacooka
Is it possible for the screensaver to display raw format images. I have many images taken with a Nikon D200 that are stored in .NEF format?

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
(2014-08-26, 16:10)sparticle Wrote: Is it possible for the screensaver to display raw format images. I have many images taken with a Nikon D200 that are stored in .NEF format?

Cheers
Spart

can xbmc display those image files?
if so, i can add support for it in the screensaver as well.
[/quote]

[/quote]

This is the list from the wiki:

Digital picture/image formats: RAW image formats, BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, MNG, ICO, PCX and Targa/TGA

RAW image formats are listed!

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build

[/quote]

This is the list from the wiki:

Digital picture/image formats: RAW image formats, BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, MNG, ICO, PCX and Targa/TGA

RAW image formats are listed!

Cheers
Spart
[/quote]

can you provide me with one of those .nef images?
feel free to pm me a link where i can download one.
You've got mail!

Cheers
Spart
I sometimes have a rather annoying issue with the slideshow screensaver. My pictures are stored on an external device and those disks go to sleep. Sometimes, the screensaver kicks in, and the disk isn't up fast it seems. I get the loading circle in xbmc, but it hangs at that point. I can exit the screensaver, but the loading circle remains. The system becomes unresponsive and I need to reboot my htpc. Is there a way to add a time-out option? Or, if it doesn't respond fast enough, it falls back to a default pictures slideshow? When the disk is offline, for instance, I get a slideshow of my media (or is it just of my movies, don't know).
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2014-08-27, 19:56)Raytestrak Wrote: I sometimes have a rather annoying issue with the slideshow screensaver. My pictures are stored on an external device and those disks go to sleep. Sometimes, the screensaver kicks in, and the disk isn't up fast it seems. I get the loading circle in xbmc, but it hangs at that point. I can exit the screensaver, but the loading circle remains. The system becomes unresponsive and I need to reboot my htpc. Is there a way to add a time-out option? Or, if it doesn't respond fast enough, it falls back to a default pictures slideshow? When the disk is offline, for instance, I get a slideshow of my media (or is it just of my movies, don't know).
does it make a difference if you set the samba timeout to, let's say, 20 seconds?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...3Csamba.3E
(2014-08-27, 18:20)sparticle Wrote: You've got mail!

Cheers
Spart

thanx.

the next version of the screensaver will support .nef files.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4