• 4(current)
v14 Xperience1080 3.x
(2014-06-26, 21:41)jodit Wrote:
(2014-06-26, 19:25)Piers Wrote: Hoping to post a beta release in the next few hours. It won't have a completed PVR area, but will have nearly all other graphics completed.

Looks great!
Piers you could add more views for the library... (xperience 1080++ has some interesting)

Idem for the PVR area, a new look would be cool!

Sorry but that's not the point of this skin. It will remain a 1:1 copy of the original, except with entirely new textures.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Here's a link with the beta skin - extract it and drop it in appdata, or install from zip.

Notes:
- You may notice image problems appearing, this is due to the xbt file and will not be in the final mod.
- The PVR section is largely untouched
- Dependencies should be installed if prompted or not used already
- XBMC 13.x ONLY
- Full credits are not yet included, this is just a beta.

Download: http://1drv.ms/TnnNdG

Please provide all and any feedback, either on here or by private message.

Hi Piers, I have followed this thread already for some time and was happy to see that you have published the skin. Gave it a quick shot today and must say it is beautiful! After using Eminence now for some time, I think I am finally back to xperience! Will report if I find any issues. Keep up the great work. Thank you!
Wouldn't it make more sense to modify the original skin to use a different theme? I mean, that's what themes are for if you're only interested in replacing colors and images.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2014-06-27, 14:10)vdrfan Wrote: Wouldn't it make more sense to modify the original skin to use a different theme? I mean, that's what themes are for if you're only interested in replacing colors and images.

That's certainly something I've thought about, my first priority is to see if people like what I've done and how well the colours function on various screens.

Once `Black has released a XBMC 13.x compatible version of his skin then it's the most likely way to go.

OK. Waiting for Black as well Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
impresive skin, works great, watched some streams(TV and TV shows) and some movies it really works great, nice job Piers
Just tried the beta and everything seems pretty good! There are a a few things I'd change though, I think the shade of gray used in the views like 'info list' is slightly too light drawing focus away from the other on screen elements. I'm also not really a fan of the movie/TV shows icons. Other than that though keep up the good work!
(2014-06-26, 21:41)jodit Wrote:
(2014-06-26, 19:25)Piers Wrote: Hoping to post a beta release in the next few hours. It won't have a completed PVR area, but will have nearly all other graphics completed.

Looks great!
Piers you could add more views for the library... (xperience 1080++ has some interesting)

Idem for the PVR area, a new look would be cool!

+1 for more views but in general not just for the library , btw is there gona be an option to have a layout with rounded edges and less flatness , im asking this cause ive had enough of this windows 95/metro design bull going around as of late makes my gut cringe , id wouldve been happy with xperience 1080+ just being updated but that project has been dropped to my disappointment
At the moment extra views are not going to be added - I don't want to create a bastardisation of the original.

Please continue to provide feedback, I'm open to changing elements.

Very nice mod. I love it !

Can I suggest something ? Please add (as an option or not) time remaining in the dialogseekbar. This is a very usefull information but too many skins do not have this.
(2014-06-27, 23:26)tungmeister Wrote: Just tried the beta and everything seems pretty good! There are a a few things I'd change though, I think the shade of gray used in the views like 'info list' is slightly too light drawing focus away from the other on screen elements. I'm also not really a fan of the movie/TV shows icons. Other than that though keep up the good work!

I agree and the PVR EPG view is the same with the left hand panel being a shade of grey too light.

I have noticed the skin seems quicker or is it me...

Anyway great job.
No you're correct, the skin effects should be more... snappy. Glad you noticed.

Could you take a screenshot including the grey area?

When I'm talking about the gray I mean the middle section as shown here:
I think it dominates the view too much so needs to be made transparent or a darker shade so that it blends in better with the fanart overlay.
(2014-06-30, 18:39)tungmeister Wrote: When I'm talking about the gray I mean the middle section as shown here:
I think it dominates the view too much so needs to be made transparent or a darker shade so that it blends in better with the fanart overlay.

Agreed, will be making it a darker shade for next update, along with new icons for TV, Movies and fixed weather icons.

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xperience1080 3.x8