• 16(current)
WIP Developer Area
working to fix some issues with hidden cross thread calls in modules.
them will look in the rest
changed NLog report level for lamnguage and help strings as it slows down the execution too much, we can activate it when we need
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
sent to GitHub
Wehn trying to update Whole library (very big) my pc entered in sleep mode.
When it restarted I got:
Windows cannot access the file I:\EmberMM - Debug - x64\Modules\scraper.Apple.Trailer.dll for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Ember Media Manager because of this error.

Program: Ember Media Manager
File: I:\EmberMM - Debug - x64\Modules\scraper.Apple.Trailer.dll

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: C0000185
Disk type: 3
tried again:
Windows cannot access the file I:\EmberMM - Debug - x64\Modules\scraper.Apple.Trailer.dll for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Ember Media Manager because of this error.

Program: Ember Media Manager
File: I:\EmberMM - Debug - x64\Modules\scraper.Apple.Trailer.dll

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: C0000185
Disk type: 3

---

Faulting application name: Ember Media Manager.exe, version: 1.4.0.0, time stamp: 0x53ae9555
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.0.30319.34014, time stamp: 0x52e0b86c
Exception code: 0xc0000006
Fault offset: 0x000000000000f38c
Faulting process id: 0x2830
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf92e8bbc8a8d0
Faulting application path: I:\EmberMM - Debug - x64\Ember Media Manager.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: aef80626-ff04-11e3-8308-38eaa732f773
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

---

Application: Ember Media Manager.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
Stack:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr, System.Object[], System.Object, System.Object[] ByRef)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessageSink)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
Two things when trying to get the dev environment setup:
  1. When choosing the x64 platform I get an exception during build [1], presumably because I don't have the x64 version of VLC. How do you do development for both x86 and x64 without throwing this error?
  2. The .gitignore doesn't ignore the ./packages directory - was this intentional?

Looking forward to digging around and hopefully I'll have something to contribute...

[1]
Code:
30>------ Build started: Project: EmberMediaManager, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
30>  All packages listed in packages.config are already installed.
30>  COM Reference 'AXVLC' is the interop assembly for ActiveX control 'AxAXVLC' but was marked to be linked by the compiler with the /link flag. This COM reference will be treated as a reference and will not be linked.
30>  COM Reference 'ShockwaveFlashObjects' is the interop assembly for ActiveX control 'AxShockwaveFlashObjects' but was marked to be linked by the compiler with the /link flag. This COM reference will be treated as a reference and will not be linked.
30>  COM Reference 'WMPLib' is the interop assembly for ActiveX control 'AxWMPLib' but was marked to be linked by the compiler with the /link flag. This COM reference will be treated as a reference and will not be linked.
30>AXIMP : AxImp error : Did not find a registered ActiveX control in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\axvlc.dll'.
30>C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(2015,5): warning MSB3283: Cannot find wrapper assembly for type library "AxAXVLC". Verify that (1) the COM component is registered correctly and (2) your target platform is the same as the bitness of the COM component. For example, if the COM component is 32-bit, your target platform must not be 64-bit.
========== Build: 29 succeeded, 1 failed, 4 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Question: you interested in code cleanup? Specifically, there's numerous HTML errors in the NMT Templates, unused variables and some invalid casts. I'd be happy to make those changes and submit them as a pull request.
(2014-06-30, 03:57)rbellamy Wrote: Question: you interested in code cleanup? Specifically, there's numerous HTML errors in the NMT Templates, unused variables and some invalid casts. I'd be happy to make those changes and submit them as a pull request.

Hi
Please leave NMT Templates as is. NMT is no longer included in release, but later i will do a rework of this module. Keep all old informations for a better understanding how it's working.

Cast, genre and director are under construction, you can ignore the "This property is depreciated" warnings.

(2014-06-30, 02:14)rbellamy Wrote: Two things when trying to get the dev environment setup:
  1. When choosing the x64 platform I get an exception during build [1], presumably because I don't have the x64 version of VLC. How do you do development for both x86 and x64 without throwing this error?
  2. The .gitignore doesn't ignore the ./packages directory - was this intentional?

Looking forward to digging around and hopefully I'll have something to contribute...

Yes, we know, VLC and Flash plugins are not working with x64. My plan is to remove the Flash plugin and use only VLC for trailer and theme preview. There is a way to use the x86 dll also for x64 (maybe COM-Wrapper), but i have that never testet.
Some notes on my last change:
I've used extensively serialization both XML and Binary to load/save structures.

As I'm used to MVVM I do like to have the Data classes separated (that is only the representation of the data without methods) from the Model class where the data class is included and there are the methods to alter the data (i.e. load/save/init, etc...)

Obviously in the full model then there is the View class that interacts with the model.

It's a super flexible model, mandatory (or strongly suggested) on WP, W8 etc...

NOTE: this means that if you add a new settings you have to add it in the Data Class (both internal field and property), in the Model Class (as exception a stub property) and in the default XML files

Also note that not to change 20000000000000 occurrences of Settings. I've left stubs properties in the Settings Model class to access the Settings Data Class.

This is why there is a new folder called "XML Serialization" under EmberAPI... they are the data classes.

In the old code instead I've found some parts that use serialization but they mix up the Data with the Model so in the data class you have even the methods.
As is not a substantial issue I've left those classes as they are (for now Smile )

Also I've added the correct sequence in the Application StartEvent -> load settings -> show splash form -> load main window so now we have some nice visual feedback on what's going on, for this reason I've added some additional strings...

Note that the frmMain-load is the point that now requires more time! during startup... not a lot I can do there!

Finally I've updated and put back the initialize and dbupdate procedures that are based on XML files to keep and trace the SQL commands. Much better then the hardcoded ones in the DB.

Hoping this helps...

Feel free to ask if something is not clear
Just added two new fields "Language" and "Ordering" for TVSource table.

Now it's possible to select a specific language and episode ordering for a tv show source.
Language setting in tvdb data and poster scraper is now longer needed, but for the first I don't remove these settings.

Priority is now:

On intital scan/DB update:
If is no language set for a tvshow -> fallback to source language
(later i will add new tags for tvshow.nfo to overwrite the source language and use the language and ordering from NFO)

On rescrape:
(theoretically not possible, every tv show should have a set language after scan/DB update)

On change tv show:
ATM: Search results will display only the tv show language
I'm not shure, but in my opinion we should show both languages ​​as a selection. Maybe source language in another color...

ATM there is no check in source adding form if a language or ordering is chosen. But i have added a safety "default" values, language = "en" and ordering = 0 (Standard)
(2014-07-07, 23:14)DanCooper Wrote: Just added two new fields "Language" and "Ordering" for TVSource table.

Now it's possible to select a specific language and episode ordering for a tv show source.
Language setting in tvdb data and poster scraper is now longer needed, but for the first I don't remove these settings.

Priority is now:

On intital scan/DB update:
(later i will add new tags for tvshow.nfo to overwrite the source language and use the language and ordering from NFO)

On rescrape:
(theoretically not possible, every tv show should have a set language after scan/DB update)

On change tv show:
ATM: Search results will display only the tv show language
I'm not shure, but in my opinion we should show both languages ​​as a selection. Maybe source language in another color...

ATM there is no check in source adding form if a language or ordering is chosen. But i have added a safety "default" values, language = "en" and ordering = 0 (Standard)
Awesome changes! Since your have extensive language setting knowledge for tvshows, maybe you can tell me how to change the language of an exisiting tv show in Ember? I was wondering a LONG time why some of my tvshows were scraping english episode infos and some german episode infos in Ember. I checked the tvshow information page in Ember but there I could not see any field "language". After that I checked with SQLMaestro, opened tvshow database and indeed there's a language field for tvshows which was either english or german in my case. But I can not change thoses values in Ember right? I had to completely remove the "english" tv shows in Ember from database (right click remove), make sure that in TVDB Data Scraper language setting is "german" and then Refresh database. After that my tvshows had the right language setting.
(2014-07-08, 19:17)Cocotus Wrote: Awesome changes! Since your have extensive language setting knowledge for tvshows, maybe you can tell me how to change the language of an exisiting tv show in Ember? I was wondering a LONG time why some of my tvshows were scraping english episode infos and some german episode infos in Ember. I checked the tvshow information page in Ember but there I could not see any field "language". After that I checked with SQLMaestro, opened tvshow database and indeed there's a language field for tvshows which was either english or german in my case. But I can not change thoses values in Ember right? I had to completely remove the "english" tv shows in Ember from database (right click remove), make sure that in TVDB Data Scraper language setting is "german" and then Refresh database. After that my tvshows had the right language setting.

Yes, that was a mess. If you add a tv show first time, Ember has used the TVDB language for the tv show. The only way to change the language was to click on change show and select the german search result. Now it's better =)
As I'm looking into XBMC DB Structure maybe we can use the same for EMM too Smile
In the end they are very similar Tongue

also I can leverage all the thinking and I did for EMM

M
(2014-07-19, 12:55)m.savazzi Wrote: As I'm looking into XBMC DB Structure maybe we can use the same for EMM too Smile
In the end they are very similar Tongue

also I can leverage all the thinking and I did for EMM

M
Yes, it's very similar, but we need mutch more fields and tables. But we should add the same structures like XBMC for actors, genres and tags.
Team,
I'm advancing with the work for Kodi Smile ... see the post Smile
(http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200911)

Dan,
which additional data you think we need in the DB ontop of the library?
To me it looks like we need less data...
I will check that tomorrow.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Developer Area6