• 74(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
(2014-06-24, 04:31)wyrm Wrote:
(2014-06-23, 07:00)shuvro Wrote: Hi@wyrm

I really like this Skin.
thanks
shuvro,

In skins setting menu navigate to "Custom Favourites" menu (or "Home Screen" if using 1.4.6 development branch of skin), you will see a setting at the top of each sub menu that will allow you to select what type of shelf icon to use.

Now just a few gotcha's, these settings will only show on the Horizontal or Icon home menu types, will not show on Vertical home menu type as it makes no sense to do so. Also you will not be able to change from "Icon" as a shelf image type if you don't have service.skin.widgets installed on your system (should be there as it is a skin requirement, but just in case it's not that is why you only see Icon).

Also just to warn people, I have relayed out some of the skins settings menus to make the layout more logical. As a result, depending on which version of the skin you are using will determine exactly where in the skin settings menus you need to look for things.

Most of all, take five minutes to take a look thru the skins Settings menus, as there are a pile of customisations available there and hopefully my descriptions of each setting should make it clear what each of them do.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Thanks for reply

how can add mashup & other addon with icon on top under video or movie like Quartz skin Huh?

Can u put a step by step guide or video pls .

(2014-06-30, 20:57)shuvro Wrote:
(2014-06-24, 04:31)wyrm Wrote:
(2014-06-23, 07:00)shuvro Wrote: Hi@wyrm

I really like this Skin.
thanks
shuvro,

In skins setting menu navigate to "Custom Favourites" menu (or "Home Screen" if using 1.4.6 development branch of skin), you will see a setting at the top of each sub menu that will allow you to select what type of shelf icon to use.

Now just a few gotcha's, these settings will only show on the Horizontal or Icon home menu types, will not show on Vertical home menu type as it makes no sense to do so. Also you will not be able to change from "Icon" as a shelf image type if you don't have service.skin.widgets installed on your system (should be there as it is a skin requirement, but just in case it's not that is why you only see Icon).

Also just to warn people, I have relayed out some of the skins settings menus to make the layout more logical. As a result, depending on which version of the skin you are using will determine exactly where in the skin settings menus you need to look for things.

Most of all, take five minutes to take a look thru the skins Settings menus, as there are a pile of customisations available there and hopefully my descriptions of each setting should make it clear what each of them do.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Thanks for reply

how can add mashup & other addon with icon on top under video or movie like Quartz skin Huh?

Can u put a step by step guide or video pls .
shuvro,

Sorry, have been a bit ill with Man Flu (ok, I've been as sick as a parrot ), so will make this relatively short for the moment. Can't do what you ask at this time. You can select either icon, recently added or recomended content to the shelf area. This only applies to Movies, TV Shows or Music. You can add favourites to the submenu of each of these headings, but that is at the current time the limit of the customisation that you can do on the home screen (other than removing menu headings that aren't required). See the replies to your previous posts for details on how this is done. This might change in the future, but for the time being that's it.

As to your original question (before you edited it away), 1.4.6 is the current development stream if you want to try this out see the first post of this thread for details on how to install the Passion repo. Development build is available there, but be warned there might be dragons (or at least bugs), but these should only be small ones (I think).

Now back to bed to cough up a lung.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
shuvro,

Sorry, have been a bit ill with Man Flu (ok, I've been as sick as a parrot ), so will make this relatively short for the moment. Can't do what you ask at this time. You can select either icon, recently added or recomended content to the shelf area. This only applies to Movies, TV Shows or Music. You can add favourites to the submenu of each of these headings, but that is at the current time the limit of the customisation that you can do on the home screen (other than removing menu headings that aren't required). See the replies to your previous posts for details on how this is done. This might change in the future, but for the time being that's it.

As to your original question (before you edited it away), 1.4.6 is the current development stream if you want to try this out see the first post of this thread for details on how to install the Passion repo. Development build is available there, but be warned there might be dragons (or at least bugs), but these should only be small ones (I think).

Now back to bed to cough up a lung.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Hi@wyrm
I got it but my question is when i add a addon (mashup) to Movie from custom favourite setting .
what is the Thumbnail for ?? not for mashup addon icon Huh
I am on 1.4.6 current development stream

thanks for replly be well soon man..
(2014-07-03, 00:46)shuvro Wrote: I got it but my question is when i add a addon (mashup) to Movie from custom favourite setting .

No icons are as you set them, that is in Movies, Icon just shows a Movie icon on the shelf. Recently added shows the 10 most recently added movie posters, Recomended shows 10 random movie posters and All shows Recently added and Recomended posters (so 20 posters in total). Shelf icons have nothing to do with the Custom favourites at all (and is part of the reason why the settings for shelf icons was moved to "Home Screen" menu instead of the "Custom favourites" menu). I guess there is no real reason why I can't give the option to use favourite addon icons on the Addons shelf, might investigate how much work that will involve.

Maybe you should take a look at the Gen 3 Icon style home screen. Setting is the first entry in the "Home menu" skin setting menu, as this sounds more like the sort of thing that you are chasing.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

BTW, your screen grab skirted very close to breaking the XBMC forum rule about discussing pirate software (last icon is a forbidden addon in this forum). Be very careful about what you discuss here as you risk having your posts binned if the site mods think they talk about pirate software.
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2014-07-03, 08:06)wyrm Wrote:
(2014-07-03, 00:46)shuvro Wrote: I got it but my question is when i add a addon (mashup) to Movie from custom favourite setting .

No icons are as you set them, that is in Movies, Icon just shows a Movie icon on the shelf. Recently added shows the 10 most recently added movie posters, Recomended shows 10 random movie posters and All shows Recently added and Recomended posters (so 20 posters in total). Shelf icons have nothing to do with the Custom favourites at all (and is part of the reason why the settings for shelf icons was moved to "Home Screen" menu instead of the "Custom favourites" menu). I guess there is no real reason why I can't give the option to use favourite addon icons on the Addons shelf, might investigate how much work that will involve.

Maybe you should take a look at the Gen 3 Icon style home screen. Setting is the first entry in the "Home menu" skin setting menu, as this sounds more like the sort of thing that you are chasing.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

BTW, your screen grab skirted very close to breaking the XBMC forum rule about discussing pirate software (last icon is a forbidden addon in this forum). Be very careful about what you discuss here as you risk having your posts binned if the site mods think they talk about pirate software.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Actually i am wondering when i change XTV Home menu type to icon it show all added addon icon from Custom favourites .
can u pls fix XTV Home menu type to Horizontal also show all added addon icon on top it will be cool . Like Quartz 4 skin.

Thanks
Hello. For music source. i have chosen "files"
Can you tell me how to bring up the play/pause/stop menu
(2014-07-13, 15:39)irish66 Wrote: Hello. For music source. i have chosen "files"
Can you tell me how to bring up the play/pause/stop menu
irish66,

exactly the same way you would with music source set to any other value.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Sorry. I've just noticed osd display settings
Ok,

it's been a while and things appear quiet, but I have been rather busy with the skin. I have been doing a lot of work on the navigation within the skin (trying to make things more consistent and logical). One of the things that I have added is to not allow wrap in the horizontal home menu, and as a result of this I have added a "bump" sound to alert the user that they have reached the limit of navigation on their current side of the menu.

I have included a placeholder sound file until I can find something that sounds more to my liking, if anyone can point me at a source of opensource sound file for a new "bump" and "click" sound that would be greatly appreciated.

At this stage I am adding things and cleaning up code and graphics files (skin zip file at this stage should be about 2M smaller that 1.4.5). I'm not sure if the skin is any quicker, but it should have less of an impact on system resources. I will probably release the skin to the main repo when XBMC Gotham 13.2 is released, but the current development version is available via the Passion repo as listed in the first post of this thread.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Announcing xTV-SAF 1.4.8

New release of the skin has just hit the main XBMC/Kodi repo. Main features include:
  • Horizontal and Icon home menus no longer wraps to start of menu list. Bump sound now plays when user tries to move outside of menu or shelf area.
  • Allow user to select image type to show on TVShows shelf on skins Home screen.
  • Allow user to select entry point into the PVR section.
  • Add radar animation in MyWeather screen when oz.weather plugin is enabled.
  • Add setting to allow user to choose type of Icons to show on Addons shelf in Horizontal home menu.
  • Remove animate weather icon setting. Now have a new setting to allow user to set location of custom weather icons (can be animated or not).
  • Skin settings menus reorganised, new heading for home screen added and various items moved to this sub menu.
  • Cleaned up layout of Filemanager, MusicPlaylist Editor and Video Info screens.
  • Add hook to Video Extras script to Video info screen and video views.
  • Add LiveTV codec info to VideoFullScreen window.

Plus a general cleanup and optimise of skin files has resulted in the zipped size of the skin going from 18.2 to 13.3M, so hopefully system load of the light weight XBMC clients should be reduced (increased speed?). This release is Gotham only, Helix build will be worked on when Kodi hits Beta status as Kodi is still changing quite a lot at this stage.

As always please post bug reports, feature request or praise to this thread.

Enjoy
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

1.4.8 on xbmc.org is listed as incompatible (dependencies not met).

If I try and install 1.4.9.1194 from a zip, I get the same error.

I'm running OpenElec test build 1015 from here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1814343

I can install it by manually unzipping to the addons folder and it's mostly working, except the onscreen keyboard has nothing on the keys and clicking them doesn't enter any characters. Also, it seems that when browsing, especially with video streaming addons, every folder defaults to Banner and shows nothing until I change it to list.
(2014-10-16, 03:52)doveman2 Wrote: 1.4.8 on xbmc.org is listed as incompatible (dependencies not met).

If I try and install 1.4.9.1194 from a zip, I get the same error.

I'm running OpenElec test build 1015 from here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1814343

I can install it by manually unzipping to the addons folder and it's mostly working, except the onscreen keyboard has nothing on the keys and clicking them doesn't enter any characters. Also, it seems that when browsing, especially with video streaming addons, every folder defaults to Banner and shows nothing until I change it to list.
Doveman2,

You should listen to what Kodi is telling you. Skin is incompatible with that build of OpenElec you mentioned. Until Helix hits Beta I will not be making the required changes to the skin as the changes will definitely break under Gotham (keyboard being one major area of change).

That is if I even release this skin for Helix, interest in the skin would appear to be non existent based on the recent traffic on this sub-forum.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

OK, thanks. I hope you do update this skin as my brother depends on it for running XBMC on his old CRT screen. No other skin I've looked at is as clean and easy to read, so I even use it myself on my 50" Plasma and love it. Maybe with a more powerful machine I might use a more fancy skin but the RPi struggles enough as it is, so I think it's important to have a skin that doesn't load the CPU with unnecessary features.

I guess you could take lack of traffic as a good sign, that it's just working for people and they're happily using it with no need to post, as I've been Smile
(2014-10-16, 04:57)doveman2 Wrote: OK, thanks. I hope you do update this skin as my brother depends on it for running XBMC on his old CRT screen. No other skin I've looked at is as clean and easy to read, so I even use it myself on my 50" Plasma and love it. Maybe with a more powerful machine I might use a more fancy skin but the RPi struggles enough as it is, so I think it's important to have a skin that doesn't load the CPU with unnecessary features.

I guess you could take lack of traffic as a good sign, that it's just working for people and they're happily using it with no need to post, as I've been Smile

Doveman2,

Yep, I could, but the number of stupid bugs and glitches I seem to find would also imply that people just don't care enough to complain and/or point out the problems I see while working on the skin. I have one pair of eyes to spot the problems, how much difference would it make if I had a hundred (or ten, one surely one) addition pairs of eye to spot bugs.

It annoys the spit out of me to keep finding bugs that have been there for a while and not one "Hey Wyrm ya berk, you need ta fix this" messages. I'm not fishing for compliments (I would have certainly gone hungry long ago otherwise), its just the sucking vacuum on bug reports that steams my dumplings.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(2014-10-16, 04:14)wyrm Wrote: That is if I even release this skin for Helix, interest in the skin would appear to be non existent based on the recent traffic on this sub-forum.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Or perhaps people who have a working configuration aren't complaining because everything is working just fine? I've noticed that if I upgrade often times things will work just fine which would break or refuse to install in a clean configuration, so maybe no one has said anything because it works for them and as long time users they're fine right now?

please don't take lack of complaint as lack of interest!
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3