Bug Subtitles download button doesnt work anymore
On gotham due to change in the subtitle plugin system the button to download subtitles during playback doesnt do anything anymore.
it should work fine.
make sure you have:
- the latest version of the skin (2.1.1)
- installed at least one subtitle service
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I have the same problem.
I have:
- Android ASUS Memo PAD ME301T
- Latest official OMNIROM
- Latest XBMC Gotham 13 stable
- re-touched 2.1.1
- opensubtitles plugin installed
- (other plugins installed: trakt.tv)
- other settings as default

With Confluence skin I can press the subtitles button and then choose the download option - a list of subtitles to download appears.
With re-touched (and the same video file) when I click the arrow to download subs, it doesn't work.

With a forked version of re-touched (skin.re-touched-pvr-20140224.zip) it worked, but I think I had other problems.

Can I do anything to help and track the problem?
Same problem here. Using Gotham 13.1 on ipad mini retina and on nexus 5 phone. Subtitles button doesn't work when using Re-touched 2.1.1 skin.
had the same problem too with latest version of the skin on gotham 13.1 on IPAD

Here is the error :

16:41:28 T:188755968 ERROR: unable to load:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/skin.re-touched/4x3Hirez/DialogSubtitles.xml, Line 0
Failed to open file
16:41:28 T:379092992 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
same problem here. using Asus Transformer T100 tablet 16x9 @ 1368x768 res. when i click on subtitles download button OSD just disappears. tried both true fullscreen and windowed fullscreen and it's same thing. i believe this is the only thing i don't like about this skin. it's obviously skin related issue because i don't have this kind of problems with default skin.

can't believe it's not fixed yet.
The problem is because the DialogSubtitles.xml file has been renamed to DialogSubtitles.xml.xml, rename it back and it works.
(2014-07-07, 21:08)Virtureal Wrote: The problem is because the DialogSubtitles.xml file has been renamed to DialogSubtitles.xml.xml, rename it back and it works.

I am still having this problem with the most recent release (13.1). Where is the DialogSubtitles.xml.xml file?
(2014-07-09, 16:40)hardkhora Wrote:
(2014-07-07, 21:08)Virtureal Wrote: The problem is because the DialogSubtitles.xml file has been renamed to DialogSubtitles.xml.xml, rename it back and it works.

I am still having this problem with the most recent release (13.1). Where is the DialogSubtitles.xml.xml file?

Me too... Tried searching my SD card storage for .xml files and found nothing starting with D. EDIT: Just tested touched skin on my PC and when clicking it works just fine. So must be touch-related.
Bump, anyone!?
Update to 13.2
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
You need to change filenames by deleting second .xml:
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/skin.re-touched/16x9/DialogSubtitles.xml.xml
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/skin.re-touched/4x3Hirez/DialogSubtitles.xml.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles download button doesnt work anymore0