• 38(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
(2014-07-07, 16:54)Reynald Wrote: <onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.videoextras) + !Skin.HasSetting(Enable.videoextras)">XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,check,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onload>

I've seen from a few of your posts in the skinning forum that you obviously don't understand conditions yet (be they enabling conditions like these, or visibility conditions which seem to trip you up regularly). So I'd suggest double checking this to ensure this is doing what you think it is. If this is wrong, then it doesn't matter what other code you have, the videoextras script will never be run.

That's not to say you have got it wrong (the code would be correct for those using skin settings to enable things by default - where the checkbox is selected by the opposite - ! - of the actual setting), and I certainly haven't checked the huge amount of other code you posted, but just to be clear you are essentially saying:

Only run the videoextras script if the system has the videoextras addon installed and the skin does NOT have the setting Enable.videoextras.

Whilst it may be correct for your skin, the second condition logically would only be True (and so the script would be run) when videoextras are disabled within the skin.

If you don't understand these conditions, read up on "boolean conditions" (conditions that are either true or false) and read about the available XBMC boolean conditions.
Thanks, Capfuturo, I do know that it's very much skin-dependent. The thing I didn't explain clearly enough is that I was using Gotham 13.1 and AN 4.1.9.9 before I had to reinstall everything, and that extra "Extras" button didn't exist then. So I'm trying to figure out what changed in the one day it took me to uninstall and reinstall everything. Big Grin

I was hoping it might be just a setting I missed...

EDIT! You inspired me to go into the AN skin settings and search again. Sure enough, there is a setting under

SKIN SETTINGS > CUSTOMIZERS > VIDEO INFO OPTIONS >>

Deselect "Group Extras on Video Info, Tv Tunes, Video Extras, Cinema..."

Since VideoExtras is the only "Extra" I'm using, that's how it showed up, as a sub-button. Now we know, for the benefit of any others who might get caught by this.
thank you for your help Unfledged. I think the holidays will do me much well i Have actually not completely acquired knowledge about the terms visible and not visible.
I will read the wiki! Thank you for your help!

EDIT: I now understand my mistake. condition on the button (video Extra) was activated in the DialogVideoInfo.xml " Do not work" if enabled, and worked so deactivated. But if the button is disabled it disappears, so impossible to launch.
Further work is needed. My brain is still very resistant to learning xml coding lol Thank you for your help, now VIdeoExtra work well into the skin!

Ps: This script is amazing !
(2014-07-08, 02:38)Reynald Wrote: EDIT: I now understand my mistake. condition on the button (video Extra) was activated in the DialogVideoInfo.xml " Do not work" if enabled, and worked so deactivated. But if the button is disabled it disappears, so impossible to launch.
Further work is needed. My brain is still very resistant to learning xml coding lol Thank you for your help, now VIdeoExtra work well into the skin!

Woohoo I was right Big Grin

More importantly, start looking at WHY things don't work - not just how to get them working - and you'll soon be a skinning expert. And I'll stop derailing this thread Smile
I have my movie extras under their movie folder with the title of the folder 'Extras'. When I browse to the Video Extras addon it displays the movies with the Extras subfolder though when I try and open up a folder I get a scriptfailed error up the top of my script.
I'll try and get a log asap, but just wondering if there are any simple things to check?
Cheers!
(2014-07-14, 02:44)TheFonz Wrote: I have my movie extras under their movie folder with the title of the folder 'Extras'. When I browse to the Video Extras addon it displays the movies with the Extras subfolder though when I try and open up a folder I get a scriptfailed error up the top of my script.
I'll try and get a log asap, but just wondering if there are any simple things to check?
Cheers!

If you get a script error message on the screen - then there is certainly a bug in the script, as you should never see a script error - please can you post a log file with VideoExtras logging on, and I'll take a look

Rob
(2014-07-06, 14:07)Gade Wrote: Thanks for the patch. Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. ListItem.TvShowTitle still turns out empty when Play All is focused.

I used the IsEmpty(ListItem.TvShowTitle) and !IsEmpty(ListItem.TvShowTitle) for the BreadCrumbs to set the Movies or TV Shows label. It sets fine for the focused listitem - exept the Play All item. When Play All is focused, the breadcrumbs displays the label for movies at all times (which mean ListItem.TvShowTitle is empty).

Maybe actually now it is obsolete because of the added support for music videos. Or maybe we need a new way to define the paths. For now I have removed the Movies and TV Shows label from the breadcrumbs until we find a way to determine the path for music videos also.

Hi Gade,

The TvShowTitle is set for play all:

Code:
# Start by adding an option to Play All
anItem = xbmcgui.ListItem(__addon__.getLocalizedString(32101), path=path)
# Get the first items fanart for the play all option
anItem.setProperty("Fanart_Image", files[0].getFanArt())

if tvShowTitle != "":
    anItem.setInfo('video', {'TvShowTitle': tvShowTitle})

I have also added a change to set the title as well, in case that helps

Code:
if extrasParentTitle != "":
    anItem.setInfo('video', {'Title': extrasParentTitle})

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=461

Hope this helps

Rob
(2014-07-15, 14:25)rob_webset Wrote: Hi Gade,

The TvShowTitle is set for play all:

Code:
# Start by adding an option to Play All
anItem = xbmcgui.ListItem(__addon__.getLocalizedString(32101), path=path)
# Get the first items fanart for the play all option
anItem.setProperty("Fanart_Image", files[0].getFanArt())

if tvShowTitle != "":
    anItem.setInfo('video', {'TvShowTitle': tvShowTitle})

I have also added a change to set the title as well, in case that helps

Code:
if extrasParentTitle != "":
    anItem.setInfo('video', {'Title': extrasParentTitle})

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=461

Hope this helps

Rob

Hi Rob.

Sorry about the late answer. I have been busy updating Rapier for Gotham.

Thanks a lot for the help and patch once again.

Unfortunately it didn't help and the ListItem.Path and ListItem.TvShowTitle still turns up empty. Also the ListItem.Title doesn't get displayed when Play All is focused.

Let me explain in detail what I do:

I use the ListItem.Path to set a clearlogo, and when Play All is focused, no image is displayed.

I use the !IsEmpty(ListItem.TvShowTitle) to set the TV Shows breadcrumb and the IsEmpty(ListItem.TvShowTitle) to set the Movies breadcrumb. But when Play All is focused, the Movies breadcrumb is displayed at all times (which means the ListItem.tvShowTitle is empty at all times).

But actually it's not a problem for now. I have removed the Movies and the Tv Shows labels from the breadcrumbs. It probably wouldn't be ideal anyway, as I also need a breadcrumb for Music Videos, but I can't think of a way to determinate the path.

Gade
I know I'm doing something wrong... but I can't figure out how to get xbmc to ignore the Extras folders when it scrapes for data.

I have several DVDs that contain many trailers, which I rip to a nested "Extras" folder, and every time I refresh my videos, I wind up with dozens of movies called Extras that I have to manually remove.

Here's what my advancedsettings.xml looks like:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
  <excludefromscan>
    <regexp>-extras-</regexp>
    <regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
    <regexp>/extras/</regexp>
    <regexp>[!-._ \\/]Extras[-._ \\/]</regexp>
    <regexp>[!-._ \\/]extras[-._ \\/]</regexp>
    <regexp>-trailer<regexp>
  </excludefromscan>
  <excludetvshowsfromscan>
    <regexp>[!-._ \\/]Extras[-._ \\/]</regexp>
    <regexp>[!-._ \\/]extras[-._ \\/]</regexp>
    <regexp>-trailer<regexp>
  </excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>
  <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
  <showexitbutton>false</showexitbutton>
  <cputempcommand>sed -e 's/\([0-9]*\)[0-9]\{3\}.*/\1 C/' /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp</cputempcommand>
  <samba>
    <clienttimeout>10</clienttimeout>
  </samba>
  <fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
  <destroywindowcontrols>false</destroywindowcontrols>
  <gui>
    <nofliptimeout>1000</nofliptimeout>
    <algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
  </gui>
  <libass>
    <styleoverrides>
      <style name="Shadow" value="0" />
      <style name="Blur" value="0" />
      <style name="BorderStyle" value="0" />
    </styleoverrides>
  </libass>
</advancedsettings>
In your regex lines the two with -trailer are missing a / in the closing. ie they should end </regexp>

Hard to spot!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I can't believe I missed that! Thanks for spotting my error. The problem seems to have been completely resolved.
I know this is a stupid question to ask, but if I put all my extras into a folder called "extras" within a folder for a movie, do I need to rename the extras?

The reason I ask is because the extras that I've placed in the separate "extras" folders for the movies that have them keep getting scanned as movies for some weird reason when added to the movies section and not in the relevant section.
(2014-08-02, 19:48)borgmanjayce Wrote: I know this is a stupid question to ask, but if I put all my extras into a folder called "extras" within a folder for a movie, do I need to rename the extras?

The reason I ask is because the extras that I've placed in the separate "extras" folders for the movies that have them keep getting scanned as movies for some weird reason when added to the movies section and not in the relevant section.

Did you follow the wiki instructions when you installed the addon? Sounds like there may be a problem with the code you added to the advancedsettings.xml file. You might post a copy if you don't see anything wrong with it.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-08-02, 23:16)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-08-02, 19:48)borgmanjayce Wrote: I know this is a stupid question to ask, but if I put all my extras into a folder called "extras" within a folder for a movie, do I need to rename the extras?

Did you follow the wiki instructions when you installed the addon? Sounds like there may be a problem with the code you added to the advancedsettings.xml file. You might post a copy if you don't see anything wrong with it.
Yes, I did follow the instructions on the wiki and typed the code for the "advanced settings" file from the page as well as placed the file in the correct folder.

I tested the plugin and the folders seem to appear OK, but the names still don't show up properly when playing them.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <excludefromscan>
    <regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
    <regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
  </excludefromscan>
  <excludetvshowsfromscan>
    <regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
    <regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
   </excludetvshowsfromscan>    
</video>
</advancedsettings>

This is the code that I typed in.[/code]
Did you restart xbmc after installing advancedsettings.xml?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2