• 9(current)
Release Janitor
I did not, I will get it
(2014-06-03, 19:58)Anthirian Wrote: Did you grab the latest version from Github? I fixed the not cleaning bug there already, as well as some other bugs including a memory leak.

The one in first post?
Is there any way to make this add on maintain the "watched" status after moving the files?

Thanks!
Hi, I'm using openelec system. I'm normally running watchdog to keep library up to date but when i enable the XBMC File Cleaner, I think watchdog is breaking or at least when i check the what new downloads I have they are not updated in my library most of the times. Any ideas? Sorry for my English...
(2014-06-03, 20:19)hellcry Wrote: The one in first post?
Sorry, I just now saw your post. Yes I mean the one from the first post: https://github.com/Anthirian/script.filecleaner
I am running 13.1 for well over a month now and I didn't have any problems yet.

(2014-07-07, 21:14)facted Wrote: Is there any way to make this add on maintain the "watched" status after moving the files?

Thanks!
Your best bet is to use the Trakt addon, which is an online database of watched videos. It will allow you to sync with your XBMC library and update watched status of your videos. Please note that for this to work, you have to make sure the holding folder is in a place where XBMC looks for new videos. Furthermore, if this is the case you will need to exclude the holding folder from being cleaned, or files will be moved from and to the same folder indefinitely. Another thing to note is that you will need to update the video library (either manually or by using another addon) to make sure the videos are scraped in their new location. Luckily Trakt has the option to monitor when your database was updated and sync directly after to update the watched status. Hope this helps you.

(2014-07-07, 22:21)zorvalth Wrote: Hi, I'm using openelec system. I'm normally running watchdog to keep library up to date but when i enable the XBMC File Cleaner, I think watchdog is breaking or at least when i check the what new downloads I have they are not updated in my library most of the times. Any ideas? Sorry for my English...
I'm not familiar with Watch Dog, because my download tools will force a library update when a download finishes and therefore I don't use it, so I don't know what to do about it. There might be a conflict with my addon, but I'm not sure how. Have you tested this on other systems too? In any case I will need some logs to investigate the issue.
I'm curious how this works when profiles are used. Will it wait to delete the files if another profile shows or not watched?
I am tired of cleaning up shows by hand and love that someone created this addon concept. I have a few questions from some users or the developer:

1. Does this support files on NFS/SMB shares?
  2. I see in the latest version it can be run in manual mode, will it provide a list of shows it would delete before running if possible?
  3. Can this only be run on TV shows and not Movies?
  4. Can I exclude shows I want to keep like for example "Good Eats" but clean up other shows?
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
(2014-07-10, 22:51)Frozin Wrote: I'm curious how this works when profiles are used. Will it wait to delete the files if another profile shows or not watched?
I don't use profiles myself so I cannot answer this question for you right now. I will take a look at it when I have the time and get back to you.

(2014-07-11, 14:59)pyrodex Wrote: I am tired of cleaning up shows by hand and love that someone created this addon concept. I have a few questions from some users or the developer:

1. Does this support files on NFS/SMB shares?
  2. I see in the latest version it can be run in manual mode, will it provide a list of shows it would delete before running if possible?
  3. Can this only be run on TV shows and not Movies?
  4. Can I exclude shows I want to keep like for example "Good Eats" but clean up other shows?

1. Yes it does.
  2. Not exactly. The addon still runs completely automatically, instead of interactively. What the manual mode does is instead of cleaning up on a set interval it allows you to perform a quick clean in between intervals, or even disable the interval setting completely. If you're not sure which videos will get deleted, please use the temporary holding folder instead of permanent deletion. Once you're sure nothing unwanted gets deleted you can turn it back on.
  3. Yes, the settings allow you to enable and disable cleaning independently for TV shows, movies and music videos as well.
  4. Yes, this works on a per-path basis. You can select up to three paths which will not be touched once the cleaner runs. If you need more, you're encouraged to group these excluded folders into one and exclude their mutual parent.
What is the best way to run this automatically after a show is watched?

Thanks!
Your best bet at the moment is to decrease the schedule interval to a small number. I am planning to include an option in a future version that detects when a video finishes playing and cleans it up right after. This might take a while to get implemented however.
Is there anyway to make the minimum runtime less than 15 minutes? That would be heplful.

Thanks.

(2014-07-20, 16:06)Anthirian Wrote: Your best bet at the moment is to decrease the schedule interval to a small number. I am planning to include an option in a future version that detects when a video finishes playing and cleans it up right after. This might take a while to get implemented however.
Yes, but it's not via the GUI. You may manually edit the settings.xml file found in your ../XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.filecleaner folder and adjust the scan_interval setting to your desired value. Please note that this value might get overwritten if you change other addon settings from within XBMC. Also, this value must be an integer, i.e. a whole number of minutes, or the addon will probably give you errors.
Has anyone had problems with the script cleaning things that are in the exclusion folders? I assume this is because of my setup somehow. My exclusion folder is included in my library, could this be the reason?

I've made it like that so that XBMC will see the movies as there, until I take manual action (delete them or move them to my "sorted folder").

Wonderful script btw, really saves time on cleaning up your library. Instead of looking through hundreds of movies I just have to check through maybe 10 once a week.

EDIT:
My current folder setup is specified below. All
"D:\library\Movies\" | This is where all my movie downloads are unpacked too, my main XBMC movie folder.
"D:\library\Movies - Need sorting\" | Where XBMC File Cleaner quarantines files. This is also part of my movie lib.
"D:\library\Movies - Sorted\" | Excluded directory in XbmcFC. This is where I move the files that I want XbmcFC to keep even if they fit the filter.

My problem is that it moves files from "D:\library\Movies - Sorted" to "D:\library\Movies - Need sorting\"

Best regards
k
I use Sickbeard to download TV episodes. Since I am running out of disk space I was looking at trying to implement the FileCleaner service add-on. My problem is that some series I like to keep around, other can be deleted after they are watched. I know that the file cleaner has a ability to exclude upto 3 folder from cleaning but I don't what to screw up SickBeard.

How do people have their folder structure setup to simplify the integration of Sickbeard File Cleaner.
Hi!

Great idea of an addon!
I installed t but unfortunatelly it does not work.
I have configured it properly and when I run it ther is the message "no cleaning is required" although there are films an tv shows which are marked as watched.

What can I do that tey are moved/deleted?

I run XBMC on a raspberry
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Janitor4