Disable CU Lyrics
I cannot seem to figure out how to disable CU Lyrics. I have zero interest in displaying lyrics, and I have to constantly hit escape every time it's on screen to do other things. I tried to disable or uninstall the CU Lyrics add-on, but it won't let me because it's in use by the skin. I went into the skin settings and set the "Configure Lyrics Add-on" to None, but CU Lyrics still keeps coming up on everything. How the heck to I get rid of the thing? Huh
On the now playing screen hit enter to display the bottom row of options. In there, there is a settings button. Click this and you will be able to customize now playing screen.
Can you please elaborate on this? I too want to permanently disable the lyrics from displaying. Using Confluence, when in the now playing screen, i press menu and get the bottom row of options. I see the message box icon which I presume is Lyrics, but it doesn't give me any options, it just pops up the CU Lyrics notification, followed by refreshing of the lyrics on screen. It wouldn't be so bad if I only had to disable the add-on once each time I played music (still bad, but I could handle it), but as is I have to disable it on every track change.
(2014-03-02, 07:55)guygg Wrote: I cannot seem to figure out how to disable CU Lyrics. I have zero interest in displaying lyrics, and I have to constantly hit escape every time it's on screen to do other things. I tried to disable or uninstall the CU Lyrics add-on, but it won't let me because it's in use by the skin. I went into the skin settings and set the "Configure Lyrics Add-on" to None, but CU Lyrics still keeps coming up on everything. How the heck to I get rid of the thing? Huh

i want to do this also i have the show lyrics setting disabled but they still pop up
i understand you guys frustration. this is how you disable lyrics. while in full screen mode when music is playing, press right arrow to get the osd menu. click on settings, from there you can switch off the lyrics among other features. it's really simple in retrospect.

edit: oops! sorry! didn't realize it was ace skin. don't know how i stumble in here. thought it was for aeon mq5.
As far as I can tell, Alex's suggestion works to shut off display of lyrics. It appears that the lyric search still takes place, but at least they don't display. What I'm having some problem with is getting the OSD menu to display reliably. Sometimes it will come up with one press of the right arrow key, sometimes only after multiple presses, sometimes not at all. Haven't been able to figure out a pattern. Has anyone been able to get the OSD consistently?
I hope the lyrics are for site maintain , we should wait for that, or you can try another way. I think that is the best thing...

songs.pk
(2014-03-02, 07:55)guygg Wrote: I cannot seem to figure out how to disable CU Lyrics. I have zero interest in displaying lyrics, and I have to constantly hit escape every time it's on screen to do other things. I tried to disable or uninstall the CU Lyrics add-on, but it won't let me because it's in use by the skin. I went into the skin settings and set the "Configure Lyrics Add-on" to None, but CU Lyrics still keeps coming up on everything. How the heck to I get rid of the thing? Huh

I would also like to uninstall this addon but every time I try it says it's being used by other skins, how do you successfully delete itAngry
What you need to do is switch to Confluence skin, then disable any skin that is using the lyric add on. Now you can diable or uninstall lyric add on. Now just enable skin again.
(2014-07-12, 20:43)UserNameStolen Wrote: What you need to do is switch to Confluence skin, then disable any skin that is using the lyric add on. Now you can diable or uninstall lyric add on. Now just enable skin again.

Switched to Confluence, went to add-ons/culrc lyrics, tried to disable, get message "CULRC Lyrics is used by the following installed add-ons, Aeon MQ5, Ace, This add-on can't be disabled", can't disable it in the other skins, get the same message...

Just went to configure and switched everything to off in Scrapers & Options...
(2014-07-14, 21:51)Jay La Funk Wrote:
(2014-07-12, 20:43)UserNameStolen Wrote: What you need to do is switch to Confluence skin, then disable any skin that is using the lyric add on. Now you can diable or uninstall lyric add on. Now just enable skin again.

Switched to Confluence, went to add-ons/culrc lyrics, tried to disable, get message "CULRC Lyrics is used by the following installed add-ons, Aeon MQ5, Ace, This add-on can't be disabled", can't disable it in the other skins, get the same message...

You need to disable any skins the add on relies on before you can disable/uninstall.
(2014-07-15, 02:02)UserNameStolen Wrote:
(2014-07-14, 21:51)Jay La Funk Wrote:

You need to disable any skins the add on relies on before you can disable/uninstall.

Cheers, got it now...
It should also be noted that in the add-on configuration you can turn off the option that makes it automatically show lyrics for every track you play, in case anyone likes having the ability to use the add-on here and there but doesn't like it popping up for every track.

System -> Add-ons -> Enabled Add-ons -> Lyrics -> CU LRC Lyrics -> Configure -> Options -> Display lyrics automatically
XBMCbuntu 11.0
Zotac ZBOX Blu-ray HD-ID34
URC RF-20 (configured with Flirc)
Deleted: already answered
Question about Ace 2 Version... I am unable to clear lyrics on Music Fullscreen by pressing ESC.  Is this a common feature/problem or singular to myself?  If common, can someone tell me how to enable this ability?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable CU Lyrics0