• 37(current)
Bay Trail-D motherboards
(2014-07-14, 18:19)nx01 Wrote: I am on openelec too, I have also tried a fresh install this did not fix it, there is an option to have the OS control the ACPI in the bios but this did not fix it either, I notice that there is no USB items listed in

cat /proc/acpi/wakeup

I also set the wakeup for the device to enabled in the /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/power/wakeup etc.

not waking up with the remote is not much a problem only if I forget and put it to sleep as its mounted behind the TV on the wall and I have to move the sound bar out the way to get to the power button :-(

Did you try

$ sudo sh -c 'echo "enabled" > /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/power/wakeup'

Then run

cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
Hi thanks for your comments its in a USB 2 port out of interest why was wake up from usb3 disabled?

You don't need to use sudo by I have done that and still I does no appear
(2014-07-14, 22:35)nx01 Wrote: Hi thanks for your comments its in a USB 2 port out of interest why was wake up from usb3 disabled?

you'd have to ask the OE devs that one
(2014-07-14, 22:35)nx01 Wrote: Hi thanks for your comments its in a USB 2 port out of interest why was wake up from usb3 disabled?

You don't need to use sudo by I have done that and still I does no appear

I get no USB line in cat /proc/acpi/wakeup ive been trying to add my usb to it but no luck do you get the following:-

Code:
Device  S-state   Status   Sysfs node
UAR5      S4    *disabled  pnp:00:05
UAR8      S4    *disabled
PS2K      S3    *disabled
PS2M      S3    *disabled
XHC1      S4    *enabled   pci:0000:00:14.0
EHC1      S4    *disabled
PXSX      S4    *disabled
PXSX      S4    *enabled   pci:0000:03:00.0
PWRB      S0    *enabled
(2014-07-14, 23:01)goujam Wrote: I get no USB line in cat /proc/acpi/wakeup ive been trying to add my usb to it but no luck do you get the following:-

Code:
XHCI      S4    *enabled   pci:0000:00:14.0
EHCI      S4    *disabled
PWRB      S0    *enabled

XHCI/EHCI are the USB3/USB2 controllers respectively. From that output, it looks like everything is routed thru the XHCI (USB3) controller, as it's not showing the EHCI controller present. In which case, you won't be able to wake from suspend using the standard OpenELEC build because they explicitly disable wakeup from XHCI
(2014-07-15, 01:22)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-07-14, 23:01)goujam Wrote: I get no USB line in cat /proc/acpi/wakeup ive been trying to add my usb to it but no luck do you get the following:-

Code:
XHCI      S4    *enabled   pci:0000:00:14.0
EHCI      S4    *disabled
PWRB      S0    *enabled

XHCI/EHCI are the USB3/USB2 controllers respectively. From that output, it looks like everything is routed thru the XHCI (USB3) controller, as it's not showing the EHCI controller present. In which case, you won't be able to wake from suspend using the standard OpenELEC build because they explicitly disable wakeup from XHCI

That makes sense from what I've been seeing in my tests now to try something else as its a pain to keep reaching behind the tv
(2014-07-15, 04:36)goujam Wrote: That makes sense from what I've been seeing in my tests now to try something else as its a pain to keep reaching behind the tv

Just use my custom build with xhci wakeup enabled. link in sig
Ok I will give that a go, do the known issues with that fix occur on these motherboards or is it just problems with the ASUS chromebox?
(2014-07-15, 07:16)nx01 Wrote: Ok I will give that a go, do the known issues with that fix occur on these motherboards or is it just problems with the ASUS chromebox?

Any board with USB3/xhci ports. It's not really a known issue, it's a configuration decision the OE dev team made for some reason
Sorry I meant the know issues in section 3 of the wiki in your sig
(2014-07-15, 08:38)nx01 Wrote: Sorry I meant the know issues in section 3 of the wiki in your sig

The issues with the MCE remote driver and USB3 ports are Linux-wide, if that's what you mean. But as I noted, the issue is already fixed in OpenELEC.
I downloaded your version ill give it a try later, Im wondering if there is a script that could be added that would run each time suspend is activated that would keep the USB 3 ports on!

Matt Devo what does your recompiled version actually do, is it something that could be modified in a script I see you can run some script each time it goes into suspend as detailed here http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Creati...me_Scripts

That way you could keep auto updates enabled!
(2014-07-15, 09:29)goujam Wrote: I downloaded your version ill give it a try later, Im wondering if there is a script that could be added that would run each time suspend is activated that would keep the USB 3 ports on!

Matt Devo what does your recompiled version actually do, is it something that could be modified in a script I see you can run some script each time it goes into suspend as detailed here http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Creati...me_Scripts

my build prevents the xhci kernel module from being unloaded prior to suspend, and removes the xhci controller from the list of blacklisted devices for wakeup. There's no way to change this via a script, which is why I had to do a custom build.
(2014-07-15, 15:32)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-07-15, 09:29)goujam Wrote: I downloaded your version ill give it a try later, Im wondering if there is a script that could be added that would run each time suspend is activated that would keep the USB 3 ports on!

my build prevents the xhci kernel module from being unloaded prior to suspend, and removes the xhci controller from the list of blacklisted devices for wakeup. There's no way to change this via a script, which is why I had to do a custom build.

Oh OK well I haven't had chance to try your build yet I'll try and get updated when I get home from work. But it looks hopeful and makes this board very cheap and fully useable. I had it left on for 24 hours yesterday and the CPU temp stayed around 44°c so no fan will be needed. I may get another to replace my ion 2 based system in the bedroom
Great news it works thanks matt for your work its very much appreciated!!!
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bay Trail-D motherboards8