Win [XBMCSubtitles]How to remove .en. from subtitle filename
Hi all,

I'm using Yatse in combination with MX Player on my Android device to continue play from my TV to my mobile device. Since MX Player doesn't read the subtitle file that was downloaded since it looks like filename.en.srt and MX Player only reads filename.srt. I would like to check if there is a possibility to avoid the en (or other langue extension) on the end of the filename whenever you download subtitles.
I'm using Gotham.
(2014-06-09, 15:51)dadoef Wrote: Hi all,

I'm using Yatse in combination with MX Player on my Android device to continue play from my TV to my mobile device. Since MX Player doesn't read the subtitle file that was downloaded since it looks like filename.en.srt and MX Player only reads filename.srt. I would like to check if there is a possibility to avoid the en (or other langue extension) on the end of the filename whenever you download subtitles.
I'm using Gotham.

I have a some problem. I'm using XBMC in a HTPC with Serviio to watch movies remotely from a smarttv Samsung and this not working with subtitles with .language

In the old version (XBMC 12) this did not happen.
Same problem here... But I also had this problem with XBMC 12 : when I downloaded subtitles, they had the language extension (*.fr.srt, *.en.srt, ...)
Good to know in which language it is, but with other players, like MX Player, it doesn't recognize it...
Is there an advanced setting to disable this language extension when downloading subtitles ?
In XBMC 12 was simple, only the option to add the lenguage you off.
+1

That also creates a problem with DLNA servers. I have minidlna with raspberry pi and the .el.srt makes the dlna server to not show the subtitle at all. I have to manually change names for every subtitle that I download. An option to not add the language suffix would be great
I'm on it Wink
The code is ready, now I need to do some test.
I hope I can send the PR tonight or tomorrow morning.
These aren’t the droids you’re looking for...
(2014-07-15, 11:46)fape88 Wrote: I'm on it Wink

FYI: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5046
These aren’t the droids you’re looking for...
Why not add the option to other players? Surely that other players supporting multiple subtitle languages is the better fix here?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-07-15, 11:46)fape88 Wrote: I'm on it Wink

very good news!. When I could share so we can test?

(2014-07-17, 08:32)jmarshall Wrote: Why not add the option to other players? Surely that other players supporting multiple subtitle languages is the better fix here?

The problem is with DLNA service. The other player, for example Samsung SmartTV not working with .language.
So fix the Samsung SmartTV app.

Seriously, XBMC shouldn't be adding a bunch of switches just to make up for the shittiness of other players.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-07-19, 03:59)jmarshall Wrote: So fix the Samsung SmartTV app.

Seriously, XBMC shouldn't be adding a bunch of switches just to make up for the shittiness of other players.

The frodo versión had this possibility. The problem is with the new version.
Frodo version of XBMC subtitles had it, now the functionality is moved to core and that function was left out intentionally.

Fape made a PR on github to fix this but no one is happy about adding it in, if it doesn't work with other players maybe fault should be mentioned to them.
I use the XBMC as my server media center . If this does not work I'll have to back to the previous versión Frodo or change to other software. This integration brings me a lot of problems with other devices in my house because English is not my native language.
We are primarily media center, and as such we focus on being that. Fact that subtitles are being streamed in somewhat incompatible manner should not be our concern. Try talking to your TV manufacturer or get HDMI cable and hook xbmc to a tv, problem solved.
(2014-07-19, 18:07)amet Wrote: We are primarily media center, and as such we focus on being that. Fact that subtitles are being streamed in somewhat incompatible manner should not be our concern. Try talking to your TV manufacturer or get HDMI cable and hook xbmc to a tv, problem solved.

My primary TV use with HDMI and XBMC. The problem is with the other tvs that using DLNA.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCSubtitles]How to remove .en. from subtitle filename1