• 285(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
hellothereguest Wrote:I recently tried to reproduce the error with just one rom so that I could share my log and see if you could shed some light.
Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=231137
Looks like it could not find/create your artwork directories:
Code:
15:42:10 T:1699179872  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Could not create file: '/mnt/sdcard/Download/snes/super mario world/boxfront/Super Mario World.jpg'. Error message: '[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/mnt/sdcard/Download/snes/super mario world/boxfront/Super Mario World.jpg''
RCB will only create the boxfront folder but I guess the "super mario world folder" is missing in first place. Is the configuration of the artwork folders correct?

versus Wrote:Alpha 14 from 20140705. Skin Transparency! Cannot launch RCB from favorites or skin custom menu (added from favorites). Runs normally from within add-ons folder.

1:24:35 T:46228 NOTICE: RCB started
11:24:35 T:46228 NOTICE: RCB: sys.argv = ['default.py']
11:24:35 T:46228 NOTICE: RCB: param = default.py
11:24:35 T:46228 NOTICE: RCB: launchRCB = False
11:24:35 T:46228 INFO: CPythonInvoker(84, C:\Users\Toni\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\de​fault.py): script successfully run
11:24:35 T:46228 INFO: Python script stopped
11:24:35 T:46228 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 46228 terminating
The "launchRCB = False" part should only happen when RCBs skin widget is called to gather the recently played games. Maybe the skin uses the wrong code to launch RCB? Other skins are working for you?

Monkee Wrote:Can you please tell us which scrapers do you recommend from the one RCB supports (for data, front covers and fanarts) please?
Atm only thegamesdb, mobygames and giantbomb are working. Archive.vg and MAWS are broken. You can use all three of them together or you can just stick with your favorite one. This is personal preference.

nyny77 Wrote:Tu a un probleme d'extension, les jeux SNES doivent etre en SMC ou SFC, pas en ZIP.

voici ma ligne de commande qui fonctionne a merveille :
-f -c "C:/retroarch/configs/Megadrive.cfg" "%ROM%"

Je ne parle pas Anglais, traduit avec Google Translate.
Sorry. I tried Google translate but I did not really understand your issue.
Thanks Malte. Wink

Any chance we could get an option for a "main menu" which separates each system/consoles in the future (like Advanced Launcher)?

For example having in this menu a so-called "ALL" folder which got everything and then one folder for each system if you just want to play games from one and only system (really nice when you have guests)?
Hi malte, nice to see you still supporting this great add-on

Wanted to stop in and share my experiences with finally setting everything up yesterday

I have rom packs for NES, SNES, Genesis, and N64. I cherry picked the ones I thought we would end up wanting to play the most, and the scrape took care of something like 80 out of 95 titles set to automatic:accurate. The other 15 I did with interactive select/rescrape one by one. Only about 8 ended up without any boxart. Since they are from rom packs they have stuff like [!] [us] [etc] behind the title (which I didn't fix) and they were scraped just fine. Good job overall

For cores, I've chosen nestopia, snes9x, genesis_plus_gx, and mupen64plus

I've noticed (after a ton of trial and error) that pre and post launch delays don't effect retroarch for me (though I'm not trying to use solo mode for these). However, for each rom collection I have to toggle "minimize XBMC" for focus to go to RetroArch and then return to XBMC afterwards

I tried a bunch of -f -D -L -c options, but I've found that -D and -f doesn't matter whatsover. I really didn't want to muddle with -c since I'm using a wireless 360 controller and retroarch does a good job of auto-mapping the buttons IMO. If I wanted to customize it I'd probably go the -c route with multiple configurations

-L works nicely, but I couldn't get it to work with just ["%ROM%" -L corename_libretro.dll] . . . I had to put the entire path to the libretro core in. My parameters were
  • NES "%ROM%" -L "C:\path\to\RetroArch\cores\nestopia_libretro.dll"
  • SNES "%ROM%" -L "C:\path\to\RetroArch\cores\snes9x_libretro.dll"
  • Genesis "%ROM%" -L "C:\path\to\RetroArch\cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll"
  • N64 "%ROM%" -L "C:\path\to\RetroArch\cores\mupen64plus_libretro.dll"

I'm pretty sure I tried putting the parameters before and after "%ROM%" and -f never mattered since it always opened fullscreen either way. -D never ridded the dos prompt, and -L called the core

Since it windows XBMC I stretched the windowed mode to take the entire screen which makes it look a little better when switching to an external program

Then came my Steam/Origin games. I wanted them to all be in the same place, so I went about finding how to integrate them into RCB

I'm using W8.1 on my gaming machine, so I (like others) had the problem where the vbs script immediately relaunched XBMC and then launched the game over top. After exiting I'd need a keyboard or mouse to return to XBMC which is less than ideal for me since I want this to be X360 and remote only

I went to making autoit scripts for each of my games (fortunately I only have 10)

For each script I needed to know the steam id of the game I was launching. To launch a steam game with autoit you just use
Code:
Run ( ' "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" steam://rungameid/99999' )

I noticed when it runs that an application called gameoverlayui.exe sits in task manager until you close the game, but you need to give your script a chance to wait for it to appear before invoking "ProcessWaitClose" since the end result will re launch XBMC when your script is complete and it will finish too quickly if you don't put in any padding. In autoit you can just use sleep to wait for a game to launch

My typical autoit script was
Code:
ProcessClose ( "XBMC.exe" )
Sleep ( 7000 )
ProcessWaitClose ( "gameoverlayui.exe" )

Then, I made the gameid match the steam shortcut for each game, and compiled the x64 script giving it the same name as the game. The end result was a bunch of game-titled exe files that run the script above. Then for my PC games rom collection, I just chose PC and toggled "launch solo mode" and "use VBS scripts" (as well as "minimize XBMC"). I used *.exe and RCB went ahead and scraped each script as if it were the actual game. Everything works quite nicely this way

Sleep is milliseconds, so adjust accordingly. I have a pretty beastly system, but sometimes 5000 would finish out before the game launched. 7000 seems safe, but I may let it go higher in the future

There was one game this didn't quite work for, and that was Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY. When I use it's rungameid the "gameoverlayui.exe" isn't invoked until I press "Play" from the launcher. In task manager I found that the launcher was named bmlauncher.exe, so the script I used for this game was
Code:
ProcessClose ( "XBMC.exe" )
Sleep ( 7000 )
ProcessWaitClose ( "bmlauncher.exe" )
Sleep ( 7000 )
ProcessWaitClose ( "gameoverlayui.exe" )

This brought me to yet another problem. The launcher cannot / will not accept any keyboard commands. Without a mouse to click play, I'm pretty stuck at this point

Off to google, and I found this http://nirklars.wordpress.com/xboxmouse/

Quite a handy tool. Pressing both shoulder buttons and "B" toggles mouse support with the joystick. This helped twofold, because it also layers in a feature where you can double-tap "Back" on the X360 controller to simulate "Alt+F4" -- which I also needed in RetroArch. I did have to enter it's settings and modify the "EscapeDoubleTapDelay" down to 100 from 200 for it to work for me

Now, all the way to the end run, and I still can't get Crysis 3 to fold into this setup gracefully. If anyone is a autoit expert who could advise me on what works to launch Crysis 3 I'd be more than willing to buy them a couple virtual beers. I know that BF3 has similar issues and won't launch from the command line, but I don't have that title at the moment

It's really the only game that I use Origin for, so maybe I'll just ignore it's existence and move on with my life. However, I did find a way to hide the origin window at startup around 50% of the time . . . change the target within the shortcut it places in shellConfusedtartup to ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Origin.exe" /StartClientMinimized] and apply
(2014-07-08, 11:23)malte Wrote:
hellothereguest Wrote:I recently tried to reproduce the error with just one rom so that I could share my log and see if you could shed some light.
Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=231137
Looks like it could not find/create your artwork directories:
Code:
15:42:10 T:1699179872  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Could not create file: '/mnt/sdcard/Download/snes/super mario world/boxfront/Super Mario World.jpg'. Error message: '[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/mnt/sdcard/Download/snes/super mario world/boxfront/Super Mario World.jpg''
RCB will only create the boxfront folder but I guess the "super mario world folder" is missing in first place. Is the configuration of the artwork folders correct?

The "super mario world " folder is there as it is where i placed my rom file for this example.
I'm not certain that my artwork folders are setup correctly if at all. With my 2 other android devices I have been selecting the same folder that contains my roms as my artwork directory and RCB does the rest... creating the "boxfront ect.." but with this unit nothing is being created. I have even tried to manually create the "boxfront ect" myself but online scraping still produces the same error and no no games are listed.
versus Wrote:Alpha 14 from 20140705. Skin Transparency! Cannot launch RCB from favorites or skin custom menu (added from favorites). Runs normally from within add-ons folder.

11:24:35 T:46228 INFO: CPythonInvoker(84, C:\Users\Toni\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\de​fault.py): script successfully run
The "launchRCB = False" part should only happen when RCBs skin widget is called to gather the recently played games. Maybe the skin uses the wrong code to launch RCB? Other skins are working for you?

Same no go from Confluence. Runnimg RCB from favorites does nothing.
(2014-07-01, 01:05)Catalyst Wrote:
(2014-06-30, 06:11)malte Wrote:
rlaursen Wrote:Another issue I see is that when using Aeon Nox skin with confluence thumbnail view mode there is what looks like menu categories "console genre year publisher a-z" in white text stuck on the background not part of the menu or anything. This goes away once you change your xbmc skin to confluence but I am using Nox. Am I able to remove this in one of the text files?
I can reproduce this issue. Still have to check why this is happening.

@Catalyst: As I understood you are working on skin files for Aeon Nox 5. Did you have the same issue?

Yeah I did. I just deleted those labels. Crappy fix but the filters are pretty self-explanatory without the labels. I really don't know what I'm doing, was just piecing it together. Dunno if I'll ever finish that. From what I was told it most likely has something to do with Nox running in 1080. Not sure though.

how did you delete the labels? did you edit one of the files? if so, which?
Hi Malte,

I'm trying to create a working parser for the XML created by ROMLister. Are you familiar with it? It looks something like this:
Code:
<game name="1942" sourcefile="1942.c">
    <description>1942 (Revision B)</description>
    <year>1984</year>
    <manufacturer>Capcom</manufacturer>
    <category>Shooter / Flying Vertical</category>
    <nplayers>2P alt</nplayers>
        <controls>
            <control name="8-way Joystick">
                <constant name="joy8way"/>
            </control>
        </controls>
</game>
I've cut out a lot of necessary stuff here, but I hope you get the idea. The parser I've created looks like this:
Code:
<parserConfig>
        <GameGrammar type="xml" root="crc">
            <crc>name/@game</crc>
            <Game>description</Game>
            <Developer delimiter="/">manufacturer</Developer>
            <Genre delimiter="/">category</Genre>
            <ReleaseYear>year</ReleaseYear>
            <Controller>name/@control</Controller>
            <Players>nplayers</Players>
        </GameGrammar>
</parserConfig>
I've also set it to use the filename as CRC.

Unfortunately this does not work. According to the log it's finding the files (*.7z), but not adding them to the database. There are no errors in the log, even with debug enabled. I've cobbled the parser together from the examples you've posted, but couldn't find any documentation, so I'm sure there it is incorrect somehow? If you'd take a look I'd be very grateful.[/code]
(2014-07-08, 11:23)malte Wrote:

I'm having exactly the same issue and log entries. RCB won't run from the Games or favourites menus on either Aeon MQ5 or the Ace skins. I've uninstalled and reinstalled RCB as well as disabled and reenabled the Games menu to no avail. Worked ok last week.
Monkee Wrote:Any chance we could get an option for a "main menu" which separates each system/consoles in the future (like Advanced Launcher)?
This is one of the most requested features in the past months. So I am quite sure it will happen. Can't promise any dates though.

Dark_Slayer Wrote:Wanted to stop in and share my experiences with finally setting everything up yesterday
Thanks a lot for your explanation. There are a lot of interesting findings in your post. I guess I will come back to it from time to time.

Dark_Slayer Wrote:I've noticed (after a ton of trial and error) that pre and post launch delays don't effect retroarch for me (though I'm not trying to use solo mode for these).
Are you using the "popen" option to launch the games? In this case the delays won't work. Usually it should work regardless what emulator you use.

Dark_Slayer Wrote:Now, all the way to the end run, and I still can't get Crysis 3 to fold into this setup gracefully. If anyone is a autoit expert who could advise me on what works to launch Crysis 3 I'd be more than willing to buy them a couple virtual beers. I know that BF3 has similar issues and won't launch from the command line, but I don't have that title at the moment

It's really the only game that I use Origin for, so maybe I'll just ignore it's existence and move on with my life. However, I did find a way to hide the origin window at startup around 50% of the time . . . change the target within the shortcut it places in shellConfusedtartup to ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Origin.exe" /StartClientMinimized] and apply
I only have one Origin game and this also does not work flawlessly as it uses an additional launcher that has to be confirmed via Mouse/Keyboard. Maybe I will try this with the xboxmouse tool and check if I can optimize my autoit scripts. AFAIR, I did not use Origin as a target but the game itself.

usernamer123 Wrote:I'm not certain that my artwork folders are setup correctly if at all. With my 2 other android devices I have been selecting the same folder that contains my roms as my artwork directory and RCB does the rest... creating the "boxfront ect.." but with this unit nothing is being created. I have even tried to manually create the "boxfront ect" myself but online scraping still produces the same error and no no games are listed.
Did you check if you can access this folder while xbmc or RCB is running? Maybe there is something wrong with the mounting points? I am not enough Linux/Android expert to do any useful guesses.

versus Wrote:Same no go from Confluence. Runnimg RCB from favorites does nothing.
Ok, I have to check this myself.

Tomkun Wrote:I'm trying to create a working parser for the XML created by ROMLister. Are you familiar with it? It looks something like this:
Unfortunately this does not work. According to the log it's finding the files (*.7z), but not adding them to the database. There are no errors in the log, even with debug enabled. I've cobbled the parser together from the examples you've posted, but couldn't find any documentation, so I'm sure there it is incorrect somehow? If you'd take a look I'd be very grateful.
I did not try this myself but just from the look at it I would try it like this:
Code:
<parserConfig>
    <GameGrammar type="xml" root="game">        
        <crc>@name</crc>
        <Game>@name</Game>
        <Developer>manufacturer</Developer>
        <Genre delimiter="/">category</Genre>
        <ReleaseYear>year</ReleaseYear>
        <Controller>controls/control/@name</Controller>
        <Players>nplayers</Players>
    </GameGrammar>
</parserConfig>
I am not sure if you really need the crc value. Are these description files per game or is there one big file with several games in it?

praest76 Wrote:I'm having exactly the same issue and log entries. RCB won't run from the Games or favourites menus on either Aeon MQ5 or the Ace skins. I've uninstalled and reinstalled RCB as well as disabled and reenabled the Games menu to no avail. Worked ok last week.
Did you change anything on your system as it stopped working?
Thanks Malte,

No luck yet, but I'll keep at it. Is there any sort of documentation that I can follow?

About using the CRC values, this is one huge file (potentially 120mb+ with all MAME roms) that contains descriptions of all the games. The info is pooled from various sources.

As you know, MAME uses very strict filenames for its roms rather than true CRC values. I want to use the filename for the lookup, but not as the game name as they are not always very descriptive. I have a similar system working just great for other systems, but they are not using XML.

[edit]
I've got it working now, give me a while to tidy it up and I'll post it for everyone to use. It should be an excellent replacement for MAWS if I can also get the history.dat scraper working.

[edit 2]
It seems that "/" will not work as a delimiter? Could I add that as a feature request?
Great add-on. Can someone explain to me how I use the local artwork scraper to update artwork added outside XBMC? I have the artwork folder configured for, say, Sega Genesis. Some box front images are not correct so I manually want to update them by putting them in the right folder. I select a rom in RCB, choose rescrape selected game, and use the local artwork scraper. The image is not updated. I also tried enabling the option 'rescrape already imported games'.

Here's the log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=249168
Thanks
Levi
(2014-07-15, 10:26)malte Wrote:
praest76 Wrote:I'm having exactly the same issue and log entries. RCB won't run from the Games or favourites menus on either Aeon MQ5 or the Ace skins. I've uninstalled and reinstalled RCB as well as disabled and reenabled the Games menu to no avail. Worked ok last week.
Did you change anything on your system as it stopped working?

He probably changed to the latest nightly.
I see this is not a mainstream version but once an addon gets broken by some "improvement" in nightly, fault is liklely there to stay until fixed by the addon author.
I'm a little confused. Is there no way to manually import and link specific games with specific artwork? If I can't do that, how should I go about troubleshooting missing games and artwork? Note that I've renamed everything according to standard HyperLaunch naming convention, so artwork, games, and videos have the exact same name already. I know that there is some missing material, but RCB is missing a large number of things.

Log below:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=249914
(2014-07-19, 13:51)versus Wrote:
(2014-07-15, 10:26)malte Wrote: Did you change anything on your system as it stopped working?

He probably changed to the latest nightly.
I see this is not a mainstream version but once an addon gets broken by some "improvement" in nightly, fault is liklely there to stay until fixed by the addon author.

That does seem to have been the issue actually. The latest xbmc nightly produced crashes so I went back to using the stable release and that seems to have fixed the issues with RCB as well.
(2014-06-23, 14:43)malte Wrote:
Solid One Wrote:My problem is: On "Info" viewstate, sometimes RCB gets me stuck on a black screen with all games gone. When this happens, I'm forced to go back to previous menu (by pressing Esc) and then opening RCB addon again. By doing this, RCB goes back to "Info2" showing the first game of my rom collection.

FYI, that issue where RCB gets me stuck on a black screen is happening on three different versions: 2.0.10, 2.0.14 and 2.0.17.

I don't know if that "black screen" problem can be solved for now, but is there a way to make "Info" as default one? That would solve the problem for me, at least for now.
Sounds like you are experiencing this issue. Right now there is no solution for this issue but I want to reduce the impact by reloading the list if this happens. I hope I can fix this with one of the next releases.

There's something strange I noticed about this issue: A few days ago, I've moved to a new house and spent two~three weeks without any internet connection. And in the meantime, I realized that this issue did not happen in RCB at all. And now that I have a internet connection, the issue started happening again.

Dunno if it will help you solving that, but I had to share it anyway. Glad if it helps.
  • 285(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20