• 5(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
If i add a .strm file to my webserver and use streamURL. Then the file plays with the wrong audio track, can't select an other one.
Is it possible to use a stream without transcode from google. So that the file will be played with highest bitrate and sound?

In this case the file is public and the .strm is on my webserver so i can add this folder as a source in xbmc
(2014-07-20, 23:58)MattBlacK85 Wrote: If i add a .strm file to my webserver and use streamURL. Then the file plays with the wrong audio track, can't select an other one.
Is it possible to use a stream without transcode from google. So that the file will be played with highest bitrate and sound?

In this case the file is public and the .strm is on my webserver so i can add this folder as a source in xbmc

Select MemoryCache instead of Stream in the settings and it wont transcode.
(2014-07-21, 00:13)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-07-20, 23:58)MattBlacK85 Wrote: If i add a .strm file to my webserver and use streamURL. Then the file plays with the wrong audio track, can't select an other one.

Thank you for your reply. Tried the memorycache, this works if i use the addon. But not from the videolibrary (webserver) where the .strm files are stored.

And how would the .strm look like? It's now like this.

plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?title=movietitle(year)&mode=streamURL&url=https://drive.google.com/file/d/xxxxxxxxxx/edit?usp=sharing

Also i'm getting the name videoplayback instead of the title, but that is a known issue right?
This is a must have addons for XBMC. Thanks for creating this!

I noticed that I'm having some playback problem with only some files and gets the "script failed" error while other files plays flawlessly.

My setup is:
1. Installed stable version 2.7
2. playback is set at "diskcache" (is there any difference between memory/disk cache?)
3. Manually creating strm files to have movies be included in local library.
-strm file code: "plugin://plugin.video.gdrive/?mode=playvideo&title=Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (2013).mp4"

I've attached a log file just incase you need to see the detail of it. LINK

Do you know why not all files are playing? Thanks for the help!
Is there a way to set a root folder (such as /Media) where it loads all the videos from?

Is it also possible to organise the videos by folders?
(2014-07-23, 16:56)jbuk99 Wrote: Is there a way to set a root folder (such as /Media) where it loads all the videos from?

Is it also possible to organise the videos by folders?

Which version are you using. Version 3+ in unstable uses folders. So if your videos are in folder structure in Google Drive, they show up in folder structure. Then there is also a "Show all videos" which is what version 2 does.
(2014-07-22, 20:30)madcow84 Wrote: This is a must have addons for XBMC. Thanks for creating this!

I noticed that I'm having some playback problem with only some files and gets the "script failed" error while other files plays flawlessly.

My setup is:
2. playback is set at "diskcache" (is there any difference between memory/disk cache?)
-strm file code: "plugin://plugin.video.gdrive/?mode=playvideo&title=Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (2013).mp4"

Thanks for posting the log. To confirm, the video title in Google Drive is "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (2013).mp4". When you do a search for it in Google Drive, does it return it as a search result? From your log, I can see the plugin performs a search for it but the results are empty. Can you try modifying the STRM to title=Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 You should not need to modify the name of the file in your Google Drive. It should match even with partial name searches.

I think the ()s are causing issues with search on Google Drive through the API (from what I recall before).

I will try to create a video file with the same name and validate on my end.

Regarding diskcache and memorycache, you are correct, they are identical on windows (which you are using). Some devices, like Raspberry Pi, have known, documented bugs where viewing non-streaming data (that is, accessing a direct download file) over HTTPS will cause the device to hang. So, on Raspberry Pi, the two behave differently.
(2014-07-22, 00:31)MattBlacK85 Wrote:
(2014-07-21, 00:13)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Tried the memorycache, this works if i use the addon. But not from the videolibrary (webserver) where the .strm files are stored.

And how would the .strm look like? It's now like this.

plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?title=movietitle(year)&mode=streamURL&url=https://drive.google.com/file/d/xxxxxxxxxx/edit?usp=sharing

Also i'm getting the name videoplayback instead of the title, but that is a known issue right?

Sorry for the confusion in the readme. It can become confusing constructing your own STRM following the different options. I hope this becomes more clear once I add a "Generate STRM" function.

If you have a URL for a media file that you want to playback that is not in your Google Drive account (something you found online, something not linked or saved to your account persay), then the proper call is:
plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=streamURL&url=https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1k7UEAA7ikFcXZmWDhJTnFXZk0/preview

(that should work for you, it is a shared DTS file)

The "preview" vs "edit" doesn't matter. From testing, if I have a link with /edit instead of /preview, it should work the same. The ?usp=sharing shouldn't matter either (should work with it), but it is not something I have personally tested. A key though is to ensure it is docs. and not drive. If you are copying the links from somewhere and they have a drive.google.com, you can sub in docs.google.com. Perhaps I will consider doing this in the code myself, after I test it. If you pass in drive.google.com, it will look for an authentication token associated with drive.google.com, and the code is authenticating with docs.google.com instead (for accessing search API calls, etc).

If you have a file in your Google Drive account (whether it is shared or not), you can use the following:
plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=streamVideo&title=title_of_video_in_google_drive

Where title_of_video_in_google_drive is the title of the media file in Google Drive.
(2014-07-23, 18:00)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-07-22, 20:30)madcow84 Wrote: This is a must have addons for XBMC. Thanks for creating this!

My setup is:

Thanks for posting the log. To confirm, the video title in Google Drive is "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (2013).mp4". When you do a search for it in Google Drive, does it return it as a search result? From your log, I can see the plugin performs a search for it but the results are empty. Can you try modifying the STRM to title=Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 You should not need to modify the name of the file in your Google Drive. It should match even with partial name searches.

I think the ()s are causing issues with search on Google Drive through the API (from what I recall before).

I will try to create a video file with the same name and validate on my end.

Regarding diskcache and memorycache, you are correct, they are identical on windows (which you are using). Some devices, like Raspberry Pi, have known, documented bugs where viewing non-streaming data (that is, accessing a direct download file) over HTTPS will cause the device to hang. So, on Raspberry Pi, the two behave differently.

Actually scratch what I said earlier. I just ran a test. () and [] are accepted. That's not the issue. I was able to run a sample file with both () and [] in 0.3.3 and 0.2.7 using these two STRMs:

plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=playvideo&title=Seinfeld - S5Ep20(84) - The FireV2[TC].avi-0000
plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=streamVideo&title=Seinfeld - S5Ep20(84) - The FireV2[TC].avi-0000

Using both disk and memory cache being set in Settings.
(2014-07-04, 20:23)dmdsoftware Wrote: I'm not able to edit the original post.

Just to make everyone aware, there is a new 0.2.8 version (as master). 0.3.3 contains to remain in testing as unstable branch.

Version 0.2.8
- fix plugin URLs to make compliant with plugins like PseudoTV Live
- remove explicit UTF-8 calls [Error on load public url #2]
- add remote-debugger code
- cleanup of logging statements
- don't login or provide authorization token for public videos (unless denied access)
- add thumbnail previews
- contribution from timchen86 - sort the videoURL by quality, so highest quality video would be played [for playback: streaming]

- Latest stable / master
latest 0.2.8
master git - https://github.com/ddurdle/XBMC-gdrive/a...master.zip

- Where I submit changes for testing (may be unstable)
(newest tested code, latest features)
latest TESTING 0.3.3
https://github.com/ddurdle/XBMC-gdrive/tree/unstable

First post here, thanks to @dmdsoftware for this nice addon. I was looking for something like this, but perhaps with slightly different usage objective.

The way I see this addon the way it is now is meant for playing my own videos from my own Google drive account. But I have around 2700 videos with public access enabled that I want to make other people play them using XBMC.

Is this the case or did miss something?
(2014-07-28, 22:09)Doha Wrote:

Just to make everyone aware, there is a new 0.2.8 version (as master). 0.3.3 contains to remain in testing as unstable branch.

Version 0.2.8
- don't login or provide authorization token for public videos (unless denied access)
- add thumbnail previews
- contribution from timchen86 - sort the videoURL by quality, so highest quality video would be played [for playback: streaming]

- Latest stable / master
latest 0.2.8

latest TESTING 0.3.3

First post here, thanks to @dmdsoftware for this nice addon. I was looking for something like this, but perhaps with slightly different usage objective.

The way I see this addon the way it is now is meant for playing my own videos from my own Google drive account. But I have around 2700 videos with public access enabled that I want to make other people play them using XBMC.

How will you be sharing the video links? On a dedicated web page?

Or....

did you want to somehow share something with a user so that they access the plugin and see the list of 2700 videos for them to view, without having them to provide a google account or perform any other action other than have the plugin installed?

You can also PM me the details and I'll work out what you are looking for in the plugin.
(2014-07-28, 22:33)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-07-28, 22:09)Doha Wrote:

Version 0.2.8
- add thumbnail previews

- Latest stable / master
latest 0.2.8

latest TESTING 0.3.3

Or....

did you want to somehow share something with a user so that they access the plugin and see the list of 2700 videos for them to view, without having them to provide a google account or perform any other action other than have the plugin installed?

You can also PM me the details and I'll work out what you are looking for in the plugin.

Thanks a million for your prompt reply. It is indeed the second option.

I see that the login credentials are needed to get the drive feed info for that account, which includes file links and titles etc,. but I would think it is possible to store such data in a local file, or download it from an accessible url. Accordingly, we can present the same file structure to other users.
(2014-07-28, 22:51)Doha Wrote:
(2014-07-28, 22:33)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-07-28, 22:09)Doha Wrote: First post here, thanks to @dmdsoftware for this nice addon. I was looking for something like this, but perhaps with slightly different usage objective.

Or....

I see that the login credentials are needed to get the drive feed info for that account, which includes file links and titles etc,. but I would think it is possible to store such data in a local file, or download it from an accessible url. Accordingly, we can present the same file structure to other users.

What I do with my local area network (for the various Raspberry Pi XBMCs) that share data is that I use a special version that reads a spreadsheet stored in a Google Drive account. The spreadsheet is a index/list of files. Right now it is a list of titles that resolve to a URL as each user is logged into the same Google Drive account.

Sounds like what would work in your situation is a spreadsheet stored publicly on the Google Drive account, that lists out the public URLs for the media for playback. Columns for title, folder, perhaps something for details, and then Google Drive URL to video.

The user would load your URL containing the spreadsheet and instantly be able to navigate all the content shared.

Is this along the lines of what you had in mind?
(2014-07-28, 22:59)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-07-28, 22:51)Doha Wrote:
(2014-07-28, 22:33)dmdsoftware Wrote: How will you be sharing the video links? On a dedicated web page?

Or....

What I do with my local area network (for the various Raspberry Pi XBMCs) that share data is that I use a special version that reads a spreadsheet stored in a Google Drive account. The spreadsheet is a index/list of files. Right now it is a list of titles that resolve to a URL as each user is logged into the same Google Drive account.

Sounds like what would work in your situation is a spreadsheet stored publicly on the Google Drive account, that lists out the public URLs for the media for playback. Columns for title, folder, perhaps something for details, and then Google Drive URL to video.

The user would load your URL containing the spreadsheet and instantly be able to navigate all the content shared.

Is this along the lines of what you had in mind?

Yes, that would be wonderful. I can do that spreadsheet as I have all the urls for my 2700 videos
Dear dmdsoftware
After upgraded to 3.3, I cannot stream my movies bigger then 5Ga ,I newer got subtitle play in my movie nor dolby digital. Please help

-> plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=streamURL&amp;url=https://docs.google.com/file/d/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/preview <-

Thank you
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12