• 23(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
Hi everybody.

ETA on Rapier for Gotham is within one week Smile
(2014-07-18, 15:57)Gade Wrote: Hi everybody.

This is AWESOME!

thanks for keeping this skin going! your efforts are appreciated.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Hi Gade, do you have a Raspberry Pi to test the Gotham version's responsiveness on? I recently got one and the (older) Frodo version I had was so slow that I had to revert to Confluence. It's the rPi's hardware limitations, there's no doubt about that. I'm just not sure if it's the artwork Rapier uses or the code in general.
Hi Westward.

Unfortunately I don't have a Raspberry Pi to test the skin out, so I rely solely on users to do that.

Have you tried to disable all the animations in the skin settings? Also, there's a lot of other skin related features which can be disabled.

It's a great help if you can test the upcoming Gotham version out on Raspberry Pi. Smile
(2014-07-18, 15:57)Gade Wrote: Hi everybody.

w00t!
Just a thank for your huge work on bringing Rapier back to life and maintaining it.
I'm a huge fan !

I recently rebuilt one of my HTPC and am now running Gotham on it... can't wait for your release !!! Big Grin
I'll do that, no problem.

What I noticed so far is that it's taking a very long time just to go into menus. So the background images were my first thought, maybe they're too large to handle (or do they get decompressed internally? That might also be a factor).

Second thought was that maybe the rPi needs more time to read the XML files since there are a lot of options. If the slowness is still present in the Gotham version, I'll edit the custom view XMLs leaving only the ones I want to use, just to see if that helps speed things up. This'll probably be easier for you in terms of trouble shooting.
(2014-07-20, 19:14)myster_fr Wrote: Just a thank for your huge work on bringing Rapier back to life and maintaining it.
I'm a huge fan !

I recently rebuilt one of my HTPC and am now running Gotham on it... can't wait for your release !!! Big Grin

Hi myster_fr.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the nice words. It means so much, and seeing that you registered to the forums just to write this post, makes it all worth while Smile

(2014-07-20, 21:17)Westward Wrote: I'll do that, no problem.

What I noticed so far is that it's taking a very long time just to go into menus. So the background images were my first thought, maybe they're too large to handle (or do they get decompressed internally? That might also be a factor).

Thanks a lot for helping testing this.

As far as I know, all images included in the skin are cached by XBMC. Rapier only uses 2 default background images, letting the user switch between them. If you use custom background images, that may be slowing things a bit down on a "light" system. Does it take a long time to go from one menu category to the next - or is it when you click them?

(2014-07-20, 21:17)Westward Wrote: Second thought was that maybe the rPi needs more time to read the XML files since there are a lot of options. If the slowness is still present in the Gotham version, I'll edit the custom view XMLs leaving only the ones I want to use, just to see if that helps speed things up. This'll probably be easier for you in terms of trouble shooting.

It will be really helpful and appreciated if you some time can test out a light-weight version of Rapier to check if it's the XML's slowing things down.

If you haven't already you can try, as a start, to disable all animations and extra skin features in the skin settings.
Hey Christian,

Hope you are enjoying the good weather these days! Just checking you got this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1753260

Cheers, Jav
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi Jav.

Yeah, the weather is absolutely great (which doesn't exactly motivate skin coding indoors). Smile

Thanks, I got it but I haven't had the chance to test it out yet, as I'm super busy updating Rapier for Gotham. I will take a look at it as soon as possible - it's on my to-do-list.

Gade
Hi Gade,
Thank for the great effort in keeping this skin alive, much appreciated!

By any chance, did you look into the sorting problem I reported few month ago (post #282 in this thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1626249)? Is it something difficult to fix or just not the top priority?

Another thing to mention - when the POWER category is entered and a popup dialog window appers, it is impossible to select any item as there is no selection cursor.
Hi all!

I have finished what should be the final version of Rapier for Frodo! A couple of things have been added and some fixes made. Please let me know if you experience any bugs etc.

DOWNLOAD RAPIER 5.7.1 HERE!

NEW FEATURES FOR 5.7.1 INCLUDE::
Code:
- Added OK button to picture information dialog box.
- Added close buttons to PVR dialog boxes.
- Changed handling of OSD clear logos and clear art.
- Added fast forward / rewind buttons to Live TV OSD.

ENJOY!
waiting for Gorham release ... Smile
XBMC Client:OS: WIN7 64-Bit CPU: [email protected] GhzGPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 440
XBMC Version: 11 EDEN Skin: NEON
NAS Server:OS: Unraid Plus CPU: AMD Athalon X2 3Ghz
Storage: 5 TB
Wait no longer!

I have completed Rapier for XBMC Gotham.

DOWNLOAD IT HERE!

Please let me know what you think, post ideas, feature requests, bugs etc etc.

This thread is reserved for Rapier for Frodo, so please post in the other thread regarding Rapier for Gotham.

ENJOY! Smile
Gade,

Both problems (the sorting by name/date and the inaccessible power menu) persist in 5.7.1.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]2