• 6(current)
v14 Xperience1080 3.x
Favourites not showing is a known bug, it's either because of the zorder or more likely the visible condition. Don't know why it doesn't work on some machines.
(2014-07-08, 09:06)Keendark Wrote: Hi Piers!

I´m glad I found this skin and I tried it for the first time yesterday, very nice.
I see some flickering (horisontal thin lines) when scrolling tv-episodes or songs, nevre seen that on any other skin.
I will keep an eye on the progress.

//KD

Btw: Favourites worked for me

That's a problem with the textures.xbt file and a bug in the packing tool, but should only appear on some AMD set ups. Is your GPU AMD?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Hi!

No it´s a Xtreamer Ultra 2 with an Intel Atom D2700 and Geforce GT 520M GPU.
Running on OpenElec 4.06.

BR
KD

(2014-07-08, 09:18)Piers Wrote:
(2014-07-08, 09:06)Keendark Wrote: Hi Piers!

I´m glad I found this skin and I tried it for the first time yesterday, very nice.
I see some flickering (horisontal thin lines) when scrolling tv-episodes or songs, nevre seen that on any other skin.
I will keep an eye on the progress.

//KD

Btw: Favourites worked for me

That's a problem with the textures.xbt file and a bug in the packing tool, but should only appear on some AMD set ups. Is your GPU AMD?
(2014-07-08, 09:15)`Black Wrote: Favourites not showing is a known bug, it's either because of the zorder or more likely the visible condition. Don't know why it doesn't work on some machines.

Hi Black!
On my machine Favourites doesn´t work on Your skin "Xperience1080" but works on 1080XF.

BR
KD
(2014-07-08, 11:14)Keendark Wrote:
(2014-07-08, 09:15)`Black Wrote: Favourites not showing is a known bug, it's either because of the zorder or more likely the visible condition. Don't know why it doesn't work on some machines.

Hi Black!
On my machine Favourites doesn´t work on Your skin "Xperience1080" but works on 1080XF.

BR
KD

I updated the requirements for the skin, this fixed it for my personal use so should work for some others.

Hey Piers,

I love the work that you're doing on this one, just installed it and it works very nicely! (as a 1080++ user, thank you)
The only option im missing is to disable the weather tab, will you be adding this in the future ?
Also noticed that adding a custom background seems to add a transparant grey layer over said background, would be nice if the opacity would be adjustable or if thats hard to do just the option to disable it.

Thanks ! (again!)
Just wanted to pop in and thank Piers for his work on this skin. Really love the changes I've seen so far and can't wait for the next revision.

(2014-07-09, 10:56)Joontje Wrote: Hey Piers,

I love the work that you're doing on this one, just installed it and it works very nicely! (as a 1080++ user, thank you)
The only option im missing is to disable the weather tab, will you be adding this in the future ?
Also noticed that adding a custom background seems to add a transparant grey layer over said background, would be nice if the opacity would be adjustable or if thats hard to do just the option to disable it.

Thanks ! (again!)

That is controlled by an image in the fade folder (under extras). You just need to tinker with the opacity of the image.

I messed around with it a little bit because I found the darkening a little too pronounced, too. You can download the one I made here (which is about 75% opacity): http://abload.de/img/overlayp2uni.png

Just rename it overplay.png, replace the one that's in Extras>Fade, and restart XBMC. One problem with this is that it makes the transparency of some of the menu objects a little more noticable, so consider this a temporary fix until Piers addresses it.
(2014-07-10, 04:46)morningbus Wrote: Just wanted to pop in and thank Piers for his work on this skin. Really love the changes I've seen so far and can't wait for the next revision.

Thanks ! (again!)

That is controlled by an image in the fade folder (under extras). You just need to tinker with the opacity of the image.

I messed around with it a little bit because I found the darkening a little too pronounced, too. You can download the one I made here (which is about 75% opacity): http://abload.de/img/overlayp2uni.png

Just rename it overplay.png, replace the one that's in Extras>Fade, and restart XBMC. One problem with this is that it makes the transparency of some of the menu objects a little more noticable, so consider this a temporary fix until Piers addresses it.

I'm still working on this mod, taking all the feedback provided and making changes where I see fit and/or it has been requested.

Regarding the overaly - it's a tricky area as I've flattened the skin - this does provide a conflict when it comes to a couple of views. I could made a similar fade to the one `Black has in the original textures. I'll also try out your suggestion and see how it looks.

Please, if you're using this mod let me know what you think. The more feedback, the more changes can be made if needed before a final version is released.

(2014-07-10, 06:51)Piers Wrote:
(2014-07-10, 04:46)morningbus Wrote: Just wanted to pop in and thank Piers for his work on this skin. Really love the changes I've seen so far and can't wait for the next revision.

Thanks ! (again!)

I'm still working on this mod, taking all the feedback provided and making changes where I see fit and/or it has been requested.

Regarding the overaly - it's a tricky area as I've flattened the skin - this does provide a conflict when it comes to a couple of views. I could made a similar fade to the one `Black has in the original textures. I'll also try out your suggestion and see how it looks.

Please, if you're using this mod let me know what you think. The more feedback, the more changes can be made if needed before a final version is released.

Personally, I don't like the settings tab on the home/dashboard ... Is not a media content. I would like the options availables separately...

+1 option to disable weather tab !
Good Sir,

Your skin modification is most handsome. I must confess, I feel my pants get tight everytime I have the pleasure of gazing upon it.

Would you possibly be so kind as to upload your source files to github or similar such web resource so that in the unlikely event of your unfortunate demise I may attempt to continue your fine work.

I have some ideas, but I'm tired of typing on my mobile and not sure if you're open to ideas yet.

Peace out.
loving this skin!!!
glad to see you're still doin' yo thang!, @Piers
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Sorry if its already been asked but how do I get subtitle search working?

If I go to skin settings and press choose subtitle addon nothing happens.

If I play a video and click subtitle download it opens a window for me to select which subtitle service but I cant select it with remote or mouse.
(2014-07-20, 20:33)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: Sorry if its already been asked but how do I get subtitle search working?

If I go to skin settings and press choose subtitle addon nothing happens.

If I play a video and click subtitle download it opens a window for me to select which subtitle service but I cant select it with remote or mouse.

It should work, which subtitle addon provider are you using?

I've worked this into `Black's latest Gotham update (2.2), it's nearly finished but I just need to wait and see what else `Black changes in his final 2.2.x build before releasing the mod. Any further suggestions are still welcomed.

Thanks for this Piers! I thought 1080 was never going to be appear on Gotham
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xperience1080 3.x8