• 262(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
Interesting. Let me try to reboot.
Running since XBMP
(2014-07-27, 03:54)duppa43 Wrote: I am new to the forum, I am a long time Apple TV hacker and am loving the progress on the Fire TV. It is so much faster than my 3 other Apple TV 2's.

I have most of the things I need working but was wondering. Is there a way to use a set of Bluetooth Headphones/Headset on the Fire TV with XBMC running?

If I can get that to work, I am gonna sell all my Apple Tv's and buy some more Fire TV's

thanks for any help!!!

I use an optical to analog converter (costs $10-15 on Amazon) then feed that that into a Bluetooth transmitter (I am using the miccus but you can find cheaper ones). Then just pair the transmitter to your headphones.
(2014-07-27, 18:42)yozh Wrote: Interesting. Let me try to reboot.
That is an issue that has been stated many times in this tread. A reboot does seem to correct it, but it may do it again in the future.
(2014-07-27, 06:43)nickr Wrote:
(2014-07-27, 03:54)duppa43 Wrote: I am new to the forum, I am a long time Apple TV hacker and am loving the progress on the Fire TV. It is so much faster than my 3 other Apple TV 2's.

I have most of the things I need working but was wondering. Is there a way to use a set of Bluetooth Headphones/Headset on the Fire TV with XBMC running?

If I can get that to work, I am gonna sell all my Apple Tv's and buy some more Fire TV's

thanks for any help!!!
In general bluetooth audio works in android. Have you tried?

(2014-07-27, 06:18)RVD26 Wrote: Hello everyone,

I just received my FTV yesterday and have XBMC (with launch hack) successfully installed.
However, I am getting very choppy playback on my Blu-ray rips in mkv and m2ts format.
These files are anywhere from 10GB to over 20GB in size.
I have already changed the all settings in 'Acceleration' with no success.
I have wired connection and my WD TV Live Plus was able to play these same files with no problem so I know my Internet service or my computer is not the problem.
Can anyone please suggest any more settings for me to change to play these files successfully?
I really love this player, but if I cannot play these files I will have to send it back.
Thanks in advance.
debug log (wiki)

How long does it take to get the email with the log?
I've used two different email addresses now and checked the spam folders, but still have not received anything.
It's been about 20 minutes already.
(2014-07-27, 18:42)yozh Wrote: Interesting. Let me try to reboot.

rebooting will fix the issue. ive found disabling mediacodec and not holding down the skip button (i jus press it each time i want to jump forward or back) keeps it from coming back. haven't experienced the problem in over a month now.
(2014-07-26, 17:50)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2014-07-26, 15:51)Tight_wad Wrote: Hi guys, maybe i'm missing something really stupid, but i can't seem to browse to the /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata folder from within the XBMC file manager.

Problem is have: it does not show me the ".xbmc" folder after I enter "files"

Im on elmerohueso's release with Ambers as skin.
In XBMC's File Manager select "Profile Directory". That's your userdata folder (within XBMC, it's referenced by the path special://profile).

Tx!
(2014-07-27, 19:55)RVD26 Wrote:
(2014-07-27, 06:43)nickr Wrote:

thanks for any help!!!
In general bluetooth audio works in android. Have you tried?

(2014-07-27, 06:18)RVD26 Wrote: Hello everyone,

I just received my FTV yesterday and have XBMC (with launch hack) successfully installed.
However, I am getting very choppy playback on my Blu-ray rips in mkv and m2ts format.
These files are anywhere from 10GB to over 20GB in size.
I have already changed the all settings in 'Acceleration' with no success.
I have wired connection and my WD TV Live Plus was able to play these same files with no problem so I know my Internet service or my computer is not the problem.
Can anyone please suggest any more settings for me to change to play these files successfully?
I really love this player, but if I cannot play these files I will have to send it back.
Thanks in advance.
debug log (wiki)

I've used two different email addresses now and checked the spam folders, but still have not received anything.

I don't know, I don't use the mailer. Just grab the log and post it on pastebin.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-27, 22:12)nickr Wrote:
(2014-07-27, 19:55)RVD26 Wrote:
(2014-07-27, 06:43)nickr Wrote: In general bluetooth audio works in android. Have you tried?

debug log (wiki)

I don't know, I don't use the mailer. Just grab the log and post it on pastebin.

How do I do that?
(2014-07-26, 10:20)LRa Wrote:
(2014-07-25, 19:28)rushingjs Wrote: - Emulation (soon to be integrated into XBMC Big Grin)

What do you mean?

Check it out: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=194. Basically xbmc will become a frontend for the libretro emulation cores. Emulation meaning the emulation of legacy gaming systems. Will be very cool! In the meantime other android apps are out there that have used these cores, so with the fire tv you might be able to side load them (I haven't tried it yet but it's on my list) and if you have the gaming controller or xbox 360 controllers with the windows adapter, or many others, (and roms, of course) you can play your old favorite video games.
(2014-07-26, 08:45)segma98 Wrote: how can i get youtube app for FTV? i want youtube app as a stand alone app rather than inside xbmc.. i cant find it any where. i side loaded the latest version but it didnt work

thanks

YouTube is available from the FireTV's built in app store.
Sorry, I haven't been checking in here on a daily basis. I tried doing a search but "VC-1" is too short for the search to use. I see on the Wiki that it still says that VC-1 and MPEG-2 don't support hardware decoding. My findings quite a while back were that HD MPEG-2 (e.g., HDTV cable recordings) was still quite good (even if it was the CPU that was doing all of the work) but VC-1 (HD Blu-ray rips) was unwatchable. Was anyone able to do any magic to improve upon this, or is this still pretty much in the same state that it was early on?
(2014-07-28, 00:04)Scott R Wrote: Sorry, I haven't been checking in here on a daily basis. I tried doing a search but "VC-1" is too short for the search to use. I see on the Wiki that it still says that VC-1 and MPEG-2 don't support hardware decoding. My findings quite a while back were that HD MPEG-2 (e.g., HDTV cable recordings) was still quite good (even if it was the CPU that was doing all of the work) but VC-1 (HD Blu-ray rips) was unwatchable. Was anyone able to do any magic to improve upon this, or is this still pretty much in the same state that it was early on?

I would be curious to know this as well.
Several of my blu-ray rips are in VC-1 format, which may be causing the playback issue.
(2014-07-28, 00:04)Scott R Wrote: Sorry, I haven't been checking in here on a daily basis. I tried doing a search but "VC-1" is too short for the search to use. I see on the Wiki that it still says that VC-1 and MPEG-2 don't support hardware decoding. My findings quite a while back were that HD MPEG-2 (e.g., HDTV cable recordings) was still quite good (even if it was the CPU that was doing all of the work) but VC-1 (HD Blu-ray rips) was unwatchable. Was anyone able to do any magic to improve upon this, or is this still pretty much in the same state that it was early on?

VC-1 is still unwatchable. I'm read elsewhere that VC-1 may actually work as long as it's in a .ts container and not .mkv. My first FireTV went to my brother, awaiting the arrival of my own one to test with, I've got a couple of bluray rips that are VC-1 mkv's that I've converted to .ts and going to test. My gut feeling is it won't work, but I'd love to be proven wrong.
(2014-07-28, 04:32)Richie Wrote:

VC-1 is still unwatchable. I'm read elsewhere that VC-1 may actually work as long as it's in a .ts container and not .mkv. My first FireTV went to my brother, awaiting the arrival of my own one to test with, I've got a couple of bluray rips that are VC-1 mkv's that I've converted to .ts and going to test. My gut feeling is it won't work, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

How are you able to convert VC-1 .mkv to .ts?
I would imagine something like
Code:
ffmpeg -i file.mkv -vcodec copy -acodec copy -o file.ts
(But my ffmpeg is a bit rusty).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 262(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10