• 263(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-07-28, 06:35)nickr Wrote: I would imagine something like
Code:
ffmpeg -i file.mkv -vcodec copy -acodec copy -o file.ts
(But my ffmpeg is a bit rusty).

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what this means.
How do you convert?
I really want to be able to watch my blu-ray rips on this device.
(2014-07-28, 07:26)RVD26 Wrote:
Code:

How do you convert?

If you find it to be working with a conversion that is not a transcode to a different codec, let us know. I watch my movies from the BluRay ISO container, as close as possible to what is on the physical BR Disc.

Anyway, none of my VC1 movies work. I estimate that the developers that made XBMC function on the fire tv would not have missed a minor container problem. However, folks are now reporting that lib stagefright can do MPEG2, so I can not say what has changed.

[edited to make the words match the intent of typing them]
I've been struggling to get my thumbnails moved over to my drobo. I'm not sure if the issue I have is that I'm attempting to do this via FTP (can't connect to my drobo via smb) I'm able to view all my media but the thumbs won't record on my NAS. I've double checked and my formatting for the sources is the same as the way I have written it out in my advancedsettings xml.

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdataa/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>ftp://secret:stillsecret@ipaddy:port/dump/apps/Android/XBMC/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Anything I'm obviously doing wrong? Anyone have any luck with the pathsub using FTP or AFP?
Code:

How do you convert?

I am not quite sure what you mean. ffmpeg is a program for transcoding video and audio files. In this case I am proposing to use it just for changing the container from mkv to ts. The codecs are not changed, just the container so it is pretty quick and will not change the quality of the video or audio. ffmpeg is pretty well documented on many web sites, and is available for most operating systems. As I say, I am a little rusty and wrote that sample command from memory. Feel free to play.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm seeing a lot of jerky video during scenes with a lot of detail or fast action. These are the codecs used in the video:

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x720 23.976fps [English (Video 1) [Default] (AVC (H.264), High Profile, Level 4.1, 1280x720, 23.976 fps)]
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 6ch [English (Audio 1) [Default] (Dolby AC3, 48.0 kHz, 6 chn)]

I've tried this video with MediaCodec both on and off with no effect. Should this be expected?
(2014-07-27, 19:23)PK21 Wrote:
(2014-07-27, 03:54)duppa43 Wrote: I am new to the forum, I am a long time Apple TV hacker and am loving the progress on the Fire TV. It is so much faster than my 3 other Apple TV 2's.

I have most of the things I need working but was wondering. Is there a way to use a set of Bluetooth Headphones/Headset on the Fire TV with XBMC running?

If I can get that to work, I am gonna sell all my Apple Tv's and buy some more Fire TV's

thanks for any help!!!

I use an optical to analog converter (costs $10-15 on Amazon) then feed that that into a Bluetooth transmitter (I am using the miccus but you can find cheaper ones). Then just pair the transmitter to your headphones.

Did you do all this because your current headphone doesnt support bluetooth audio or because the aftv itslef doesnt have bluetooth audio support?

I don't currently have a bluetooth headphone and wouldnt wanna buy one just to try as they can get really expensive Sad

too bad we cant use an app like yatse or something to route the audio stream to our phone like what the roku 3 does Tongue

Koush's app, allcast can cast the audio part of a video to the fire tv but keep the audio part on the phone, but I guess this only works for videos stored on the phone.
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
(2014-07-28, 08:52)nickr Wrote:
Code:

How do you convert?

I am not quite sure what you mean. ffmpeg is a program for transcoding video and audio files. In this case I am proposing to use it just for changing the container from mkv to ts. The codecs are not changed, just the container so it is pretty quick and will not change the quality of the video or audio. ffmpeg is pretty well documented on many web sites, and is available for most operating systems. As I say, I am a little rusty and wrote that sample command from memory. Feel free to play.

I'm sorry, but I'm just not familiar with all this stuff.
I downloaded ffmpeg and even got WinFF, as I read that would make things easier.
I have looked at countless tutorials, but still cannot figure out how to convert my VC-1 mkv files to .ts files.
I am not even sure if that will help my problem.
Is there not another program (that is a lot easier to use) that can do the convert?
(2014-07-28, 08:18)zelll Wrote: I've been struggling to get my thumbnails moved over to my drobo. I'm not sure if the issue I have is that I'm attempting to do this via FTP (can't connect to my drobo via smb) I'm able to view all my media but the thumbs won't record on my NAS. I've double checked and my formatting for the sources is the same as the way I have written it out in my advancedsettings xml.

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdataa/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>ftp://secret:stillsecret@ipaddy:port/dump/apps/Android/XBMC/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Anything I'm obviously doing wrong? Anyone have any luck with the pathsub using FTP or AFP?
First, you can clean that path up by using special://thumbnails:
Code:
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>special://thumbnails</from>
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
Second, try manually copying your thumbnails to the desired destination, then restart XBMC to see if it can actually read the thumbnails. If it can read, just not write, to the NAS then you know it's a permissions problem.
(2014-07-28, 18:25)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2014-07-28, 08:18)zelll Wrote: I've been struggling to get my thumbnails moved over to my drobo. I'm not sure if the issue I have is that I'm attempting to do this via FTP (can't connect to my drobo via smb) I'm able to view all my media but the thumbs won't record on my NAS. I've double checked and my formatting for the sources is the same as the way I have written it out in my advancedsettings xml.

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

First, you can clean that path up by using special://thumbnails:
Code:
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>special://thumbnails</from>
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
Second, try manually copying your thumbnails to the desired destination, then restart XBMC to see if it can actually read the thumbnails. If it can read, just not write, to the NAS then you know it's a permissions problem.

Just retried using the special tags, the firetv doesn't recreate the thumbnail folder on its internal memory so at least the box is picking up the advancedsettings xml. No thumbs are loading however. I really don't understand what is going on. I can't imagine its a permissions issue since I use the same directories and auth method for the shares and they work absolutely fine. Anyone have some ideas? Was going to give this to my roommate for her birthday (which is tomorrow, been banging my head against this for about a week) there's no way I can save the thumbs locally considering the thumb folder for the complete database is in the 6gig range.

Halp plz? If someone can help me figure this out I'd be more then willing to shoot you a few bucks via paypal or donate money for a cause you are for. (Really want to gift this in its ideal state)
(2014-07-28, 21:35)zelll Wrote: Just retried using the special tags, the firetv doesn't recreate the thumbnail folder on its internal memory so at least the box is picking up the advancedsettings xml. No thumbs are loading however. I really don't understand what is going on. I can't imagine its a permissions issue since I use the same directories and auth method for the shares and they work absolutely fine. Anyone have some ideas? Was going to give this to my roommate for her birthday (which is tomorrow, been banging my head against this for about a week) there's no way I can save the thumbs locally considering the thumb folder for the complete database is in the 6gig range.

Halp plz? If someone can help me figure this out I'd be more then willing to shoot you a few bucks via paypal or donate money for a cause you are for. (Really want to gift this in its ideal state)

If your NAS's Thumbnails folder is already populated and it's still not even reading the thumbnails, it's got to be permissions (or the path is just wrong). I've done thumbnail remapping myself, but I stopped because it's slower compared to local storage.
Try navigating to the NAS via FTP in XBMC's file manager. That may help you pin down the cause.
(2014-07-28, 18:05)RVD26 Wrote:
(2014-07-28, 08:52)nickr Wrote:
(2014-07-28, 07:26)RVD26 Wrote: I'm sorry, but I have no idea what this means.
How do you convert?

I'm sorry, but I'm just not familiar with all this stuff.
I downloaded ffmpeg and even got WinFF, as I read that would make things easier.
I have looked at countless tutorials, but still cannot figure out how to convert my VC-1 mkv files to .ts files.
I am not even sure if that will help my problem.
Is there not another program (that is a lot easier to use) that can do the convert?

Try this
Code:
ffmpeg -i inputfile.mkv -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f mpegts  outfile.ts

Maybe you chose the wrong device, but the above commandline should do the conversion to ts file.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Posted in error
Code:

How do you convert?

You can use tsmuxerR to covert MKV to M2TS, TS, AVCHD etc.

However, as far as I know VC-1 is still not being hardware decoded on the AFTV.

If it still won't play after converting the container you'll have to transcode the video to h.264 using something like Handbrake.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-07-28, 09:16)Knocks Wrote: I'm seeing a lot of jerky video during scenes with a lot of detail or fast action. These are the codecs used in the video:

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x720 23.976fps [English (Video 1) [Default] (AVC (H.264), High Profile, Level 4.1, 1280x720, 23.976 fps)]
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 6ch [English (Audio 1) [Default] (Dolby AC3, 48.0 kHz, 6 chn)]

I've tried this video with MediaCodec both on and off with no effect. Should this be expected?

try using libstagefright instead, I use that with a wired ethernet connection and don't have problems like you describe for that format. if that doesn't work try resetting your settings to default.
Is there a simple installation for this yet? Want this for my parents with xbmc on it fed by an external drive. Looked like a very complex install.
XBMC System:
Windows 7, E8400, 2GB Ram, 8800GTS, 12.3 “Frodo”, Aeon Nox 4.1.9

Gaming Rig:
Windows 7, i72600k, 8GB Ram, Radeon HD 6950 2 GB, 128GB SSD.
  • 263(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10