• 265(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
Let me assure you there are by far not more fire tv users. Don't make ungrounded assumptions. Fire tv is just an android box. Do support in droid section.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-07-29, 21:52)kenelbow Wrote:
(2014-07-29, 20:58)jocala Wrote: In its current form, Fire TV support at xbmc.org is sub-par. This thread is out-of-hand.

I'd like to see this thread locked and a section opened for Fire TV Support. Much like xbmc.org has done for the Raspberry Pi. I have no numbers, but I'd argue that the Fire TV has a larger installed base than Raspberry Pi.

The Fire TV is not a pure Android device, it's Fire OS. Questions are asked daily that are Fire TV specific.

We're also seeing many questions repeated, where answers are buried hundreds of pages below current posts. Thread search isn't an answer.

As a device sub-community we're doing our part, maintaining a good wiki subsection, answering questions, generally being good xbmc citizens. Please help us be better xbmc supporters.

Respectfully,

Jocala

+1

+1
Stop doing +1! It's useless
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-07-29, 21:21)Tight_wad Wrote:
(2014-07-29, 19:57)RVD26 Wrote: How do I disable subtitles from automatically coming up when I play files?

When a movie is playing, press the big round button to bring up the osd. Arrow over to sound icon. Arrow down to the enable subtitle toggle and turn off. Arrow down to the Set as default for all videos and select.

All found in the wiki at video playback xbmc

Thanks for your help.
I have a question about playing back music.
I want to be able to shuffle all music files.
My files are located in separate folders.
Is there anyway to do this?
I already looked in the Wiki but did not find an answer.
Can someone verify this bug please....

If you add a uPnP source, like PlayOn, and try to rename that source, you can't. What you can do is remove characters, but you can't add numbers or letters.

Do we have someone here who can report this, if it does turn out to be a bug?

David
(2014-07-29, 23:30)davidc502 Wrote: Can someone verify this bug please....

If you add a uPnP source, like PlayOn, and try to rename that source, you can't. What you can do is remove characters, but you can't add numbers or letters.

Do we have someone here who can report this, if it does turn out to be a bug?

David

Assuming you are using a browser and not tapatalk to post here, look at the top of the page and click on the word "Bugtracker".
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-29, 21:54)Martijn Wrote: Let me assure you there are by far not more fire tv users. Don't make ungrounded assumptions. Fire tv is just an android box. Do support in droid section.

I seriously doubt more RPs have been sold than AFTVs, but whatever.

The real problem is this thread. If TPTB refuse an AFTV section, why not close this monstrosity and have a final post with a link pointing to the Android section?
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-07-29, 23:37)jocala Wrote:
(2014-07-29, 21:54)Martijn Wrote: Let me assure you there are by far not more fire tv users. Don't make ungrounded assumptions. Fire tv is just an android box. Do support in droid section.

I seriously doubt more RPs have been sold than AFTVs, but whatever.

The real problem is this thread. If TPTB refuse an AFTV section, why not close this monstrosity and have a final post with a link pointing to the Android section?

RPi is the single most used device for XBMC. It's probably bigger than all of the Android devices put together.

Nothing is stopping anyone from making separate FireTV threads, and several people have already done this.

The Fire TV (wiki) wiki page exists so you don't have to go through massive threads. If it's missing anything, anyone (ANYONE) can update it. Did I mention that anyone can update it?

People will inevitably ask questions that have already been answered. I don't know why.
(2014-07-29, 20:58)jocala Wrote: I have no numbers, but I'd argue that the Fire TV has a larger installed base than Raspberry Pi.

Here are some numbers:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1752909

[quote]I do not known the kind of stats you have on Xbmc users, but Yatse have 100 000 daily users with anonymous stats activated.
70% are now on Rpi and 21% on Windows the rest is mac atv android ... (One year ago it was completely different with Windows first)[quote]

So, 9% is shared between Mac, ATV and Android (including Fire TV). Raspberry is *far* more widely used.
I see I wasn't clear. Allow me to clarify.

I think that more Fire TVs have been sold than RPis. Given Amazon's marketing muscle, that seems like a safe bet. I have no proof. I said nothing about installed XBMC base. Since the RPi has been around since 2011 it only makes sense that RPi XBMC installs outnumber AFTV XBMC installs...for now.

I certainly wasn't trying to draw three staffers into an argument.
(2014-07-30, 00:48)jocala Wrote: I see I wasn't clear. Allow me to clarify.

I think that more Fire TVs have been sold than RPis. Given Amazon's marketing muscle, that seems like a safe bet. I have no proof.

Really? How many FTVs do you say have been sold?

Raspberry Pi Foundation says they sold two million units in the first two years (ie from late 2011/early 2012 IIRC). I'd expect at least another million in the subsequent year.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-30, 00:48)jocala Wrote: I see I wasn't clear. Allow me to clarify.

I think that more Fire TVs have been sold than RPis.

That is probably not correct either. RPi's have been sold world wide as where AFTV's are currently only being marketed to U.S. customers.

Although non-U.S. users have purchased AFTV's, I would imagine that it is not as easy to get as the RPi for non-U.S. people. Also, many people that have the AFTV also have a RPi.

Also, I don't see the number of post in a single thread to be justification for starting a sub-form for a device, if that were the case then you would also have to say that NUC's need their own sub-form.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-07-30, 01:58)Tinwarble Wrote: Also, I don't see the number of post in a single thread to be justification for starting a sub-form for a device, if that were the case then you would also have to say that NUC's need their own sub-form.

The XDA Developers Forum do not have a problem with affording the Fire TV (http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv) a sub-forum. It is easy to navigate their forum to actually find individual topics that are helpful in learning how to use XBMC on Fire TV as opposed to a wing and a prayer that this thread has become of which the Wiki is the best part of it all.
I respectfully asked for a sub-forum. I also respectfully asked that this monster of a thread be stopped from metastasizing even further. Seems like a pile-on is occurring here, so I withdraw my requests.
(2014-07-29, 18:42)RVD26 Wrote:
(2014-07-29, 05:36)Richie Wrote:
(2014-07-28, 04:44)RVD26 Wrote: How are you able to convert VC-1 .mkv to .ts?

I'll be using VLC. Go to Media, then Convert/Save. Choose the file, then click the down arrow on the button at the bottom and choose 'Convert'. Choose H.264 + MP3 (TS) profile then click the settings button, click the Video codec tab and check 'Keep original Video Track' and click Audio Codec tab and check 'Keep original audio track'. Click Save, choose a destination file, then click start. Should not take too long to convert just the container.

I followed these steps, but I am only getting audio, no video at all in the created file.

I tried with VLC and albeit I got audio and video, the video was heavily distorted.

Ended up downloading tsmuxer and doing it that way, makes a pure ts copy, although haven't had time to try it on the FireTV.
  • 265(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10