• 57(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Awesome write up and instructions! Just one question, how do I switch between the 2 OS'? If in Chrome I hit CTRL/ALT/F2 to bring up the command terminal but dont know what to do.
(2014-07-30, 17:49)oval61251 Wrote: Awesome write up and instructions! Just one question, how do I switch between the 2 OS'? If in Chrome I hit CTRL/ALT/F2 to bring up the command terminal but dont know what to do.

on the developer boot screen (white screen w/"OS Verification Off" text) you can always press [CTRL-D] to boot into ChromeOS or [CTRL-L] to boot OpenELEC/Ubuntu.
(2014-07-30, 18:03)magy77 Wrote:
(2014-07-30, 17:49)oval61251 Wrote: Awesome write up and instructions! Just one question, how do I switch between the 2 OS'? If in Chrome I hit CTRL/ALT/F2 to bring up the command terminal but dont know what to do.

on the developer boot screen (white screen w/"OS Verification Off" text) you can always press [CTRL-D] to boot into ChromeOS or [CTRL-L] to boot OpenELEC/Ubuntu.

That's what im currently doing, but once I select an OS is there a way to switch between the 2 without restarting the device to get to that prompt?
(2014-07-30, 19:18)oval61251 Wrote: That's what im currently doing, but once I select an OS is there a way to switch between the 2 without restarting the device to get to that prompt?

are you asking if one can dual boot without restarting? that would be a firm no. Nor is there a way to automatically boot to the "other" OS. You have to reboot and manually choose to boot to the non-default OS using the keyboard shortcuts on the dev mode boot screen.
I just purchased a flirc, so that I can use my regular TV remote. This will work, right?

Also: Will I be able to power ON my device using this?
(2014-07-30, 19:58)asleulv Wrote: Also: Will I be able to power ON my device using this?

from suspend, most likely; when completely off, definitely not.
What is suspend? Is that like a sleep function (like the apple tv has)? How to I enable it?
(2014-07-30, 20:03)asleulv Wrote: What is suspend? Is that like a sleep function (like the apple tv has)? How to I enable it?

it's a standard PC low power mode; you enable it in the Power Saving settings section, as described in the wiki
Thanks Matt. Appreciate it.
(2014-07-30, 19:39)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-07-30, 19:18)oval61251 Wrote: That's what im currently doing, but once I select an OS is there a way to switch between the 2 without restarting the device to get to that prompt?

are you asking if one can dual boot without restarting? that would be a firm no. Nor is there a way to automatically boot to the "other" OS. You have to reboot and manually choose to boot to the non-default OS using the keyboard shortcuts on the dev mode boot screen.

Yep you got it thanks! Also I just installed FCEUX a NES emulator and have no sound. Yesterday when I was running standard ubuntu 12.04 I had sound..what gives?
(2014-07-30, 20:26)oval61251 Wrote: Yep you got it thanks! Also I just installed FCEUX a NES emulator and have no sound. Yesterday when I was running standard ubuntu 12.04 I had sound..what gives?

never tried to run emus from OpenELEC, sorry
(2014-07-30, 20:30)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-07-30, 20:26)oval61251 Wrote: Yep you got it thanks! Also I just installed FCEUX a NES emulator and have no sound. Yesterday when I was running standard ubuntu 12.04 I had sound..what gives?

never tried to run emus from OpenELEC, sorry

im not running openELEC, I have ubuntu 14.04/chromeOS
(2014-07-30, 20:33)oval61251 Wrote: im not running openELEC, ubuntu 14.04/chromeOS

since it's not a ChromeBox (or XBMC) specific issue, you might have more luck asking/searching on the Ubuntu forums
Matt,

First off I created this account just to thank you and getting my CB delivered as we speak. I have read every single post in this thread and feel so stupid but I cannot find your custom standalone OE build on the wiki; is there something I am missing? Thanks for your help.
(2014-07-30, 23:42)rodddogg Wrote: Matt,

First off I created this account just to thank you and getting my CB delivered as we speak. I have read every single post in this thread and feel so stupid but I cannot find your custom standalone OE build on the wiki; is there something I am missing? Thanks for your help.

custom builds aren't needed for OpenELEC any longer now that they re-enabled wake from suspend for USB3 ports, starting with version 4.2 beta 2 (4.1.2)
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37