Request: Addon to select and play fotos by star rating
Hello,

I am looking for an addon that allows me to start a foto-show consisting of pictures residing in a folder and its sub-folders that match a certain star rating (e.g. 3 stars or better). The reason is that I usually take a lot of pictures during my trips. And they are way to many for presenting all of them to my audience. So I rate them using some picture tool.

I played around with MyPictures.db-Addon but it is very slow especially when using mysql database (I have four XBMC-PCs at home). Also I would not actually need a database for all of my pictures. I am quiet fine by browsing through the folders. Only the option mentioned above is what I am missing (and maybe sometimes a nice addon to place the pictures on kind of a world-map since they are all geo-tagged)..

Brgds,

FantasticN
Not yet. Still looking for an addon to list and play fotos by star rating, Currently browsing through my pictures folders is no fun (too many pictures).
(2014-08-03, 20:28)fantasticn Wrote: I am quiet fine by browsing through the folders.

(2014-10-21, 10:04)fantasticn Wrote: Currently browsing through my pictures folders is no fun (too many pictures).

Huh??

(2014-08-03, 20:28)fantasticn Wrote: I played around with MyPictures.db-Addon but it is very slow especially when using mysql database
What are your hardware specs?

I use a Core i3 and displaying 3600 pictures out of 12000 takes approx. 12 seconds with a MySql DB on same machine.
To do this I use the filter wizard with the condition that the person tag must contain the name of my son.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
Hi Xycl,

ok, you are right. I need to clarify this: I meant "in principle" it is ok for me to brows through folders. I do not necessarily need a database for pictures. That is what is fine for me. But as long as I cannot sort oder select the pictures in the folders by their star ratings, this browsing is no fun, because I have too many pictures in my folders and I do not want to bore my audience by showing all of them (just the best pictures, that is why I have them star rated).

I was using a QNAP NAS (TS412), but since a few weeks I replaced it with a server (Intel i3 based). The server seems to have much more power. MySQL-Database for videos and music is running faster now. I haven't tried MyPictures.db yet. Maybe its working better as well. However, I would not really need a picture database. All I need is like a "filter" addon, allowing my to select the star rating of the pictures to be displayed in a folder or at least have them sort by star rating (like I can do it in windows explorer).

Brgds,

FantasticN
Ok, I tried MyPicsDB another time and now that the mysql-database and the pictures-folder a residing on a Windows-Server (Intel I3) instead of a NAS (Intel Atom) it seems to be significantly faster. However, activating the star rating filter of MyPicsDB gives me no pictures to be displayed. All folders are empty then. Only if I totally deactivate the filter (= "0" stars or better) I can see pictures. Seems MyPicsDB cannot handle the star rating. And I recall messing around with this issue the last time I tried MyPicsDB. Seems this addon does not solve my problem.

Brgds,

FantasticN

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request: Addon to select and play fotos by star rating0