• 61(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
Just a quick question in regards to the artist information. Spotimc retrieves multiple artist in the format '(Artist 1), (Artist 2)' which looks fine to the eye except XBMC internally would use ' / ' as the separator. iTunes and Amazon use 'feat.' and 'ft.'. Is the ',' added by spotify or Spotimc? The reason I ask is I use Artist Slideshow and the comma breaks it.

AS supports three ways of identifying multiple artists:

- When scrapped, XBMC will separate artists based on the separation string (by default that is ' / '). AS asks XBMC for the list of artists associated with the song. (this one probably doesn't apply in your case since Spotify music obviously isn't scrapped into the library).
- AS will also look at the artist string and try and parse multiple artists. AS looks for the standard XBMC separator (' / ' <- that's a space, a slash, and a space) as well as 'feat.' and 'ft.' (for featured).
- AS also looks in the song title for 'feat.' and 'ft.' (this is the iTunes/Amazon style for featured artists)

Is it possible to get spotimc to use a different separator for multiple artists? The Artist Slideshow developers bring up the good point that with a comma there is no way to tell the difference between Katy Perry, Juicy J as two artists and Earth, Wind, & Fire as one in code.
I modified the python script in spotimc so the seperator between artists is ' / ' and its working perfectly. Its line 153 of addons\script.audio.spotimc\resources\libs\spotimcgui\playback.py if anyone else is wanting to do it.
Thumbs Up 
This works amazingly well! Thanks a million! Cool
Is it possible to add radio?
Thoughts: Just checked there API and documentation, it is not possible to "get Radio" on external APPS, but maybe we can trick a bit and use top lists and spotibot.com webcrawling withing spotiimc?
First, nice script!

Is it possible to start playing a song via json?
any news on whether this may become compatible with android?

anything i can do to help (non-coder i'm afraid)?
(2014-08-05, 16:34)thebearnecessit Wrote: any news on whether this may become compatible with android?

Would love to have Android compatibility ass well. I rooted my OUYA and the only thing I am missing on XBMC is the SpotiMC working...hope you could implement it. Love the looks of the app on the screenshot btw!!
First off, thanks to the add-on devs for bringing spotify support to xbmc. Nice!

Now the issue: when playing songs, and going through a playlist, XBMC will suddenly stop playing music in the middle of the song; XBMC seems to thing it is still playing music because the "seconds counter" is still running, and when the "silent" song finishes, sometimes the next song will start with audio OK.

This appeared to be very random, and happening sometimes in a minute or two into a song, sometimes in the first few seconds.

I followed the instructions and disabled the CUCRClyrics functions of "search embedded lyrics" and also "search for local lyrics". I restarted XBMC many times after that, to no avail. Lyrics would appear to work sometimes, over multiple songs.

Then I found out that this was related to "synchronized lyrics", of certain songs specifically - the audio stops when the synchronized bar moves for the first time; or when no lyrics at all are found: audio stops when CU CRC Lyrics times out of all its sources (a minute or so into a song). When there are lyrics and those are not synchronized, no issues.

My workaround was to disable "Lyrics as a service" (so that playlist won't stop mid-way, on specific songs), and I prevent launching Lyrics when playing back spotimc.

Anyhow - it would be nice to have spotimc and the lyrics sript place nice to each other. Both are awesome Smile
(2014-07-28, 14:15)Qefx Wrote: Thoughts: Just checked there API and documentation, it is not possible to "get Radio" on external APPS, but maybe we can trick a bit and use top lists and spotibot.com webcrawling withing spotiimc?
The way to go for radio support seems the Echonest api, which provides a suggestion engine and integrates well with spotify track id's.

Due to time constraints, didn't have the time to look at this.

(2014-08-05, 12:23)dumi Wrote: First, nice script!

Is it possible to start playing a song via json?
Someone on github suggested this feature, and sound great. This could allow Spotimc to work like the the Youtube addon, which allows playback from remote apps (e.g. play on XBMC).

(2014-08-10, 19:45)JHS_NL Wrote:
(2014-08-05, 16:34)thebearnecessit Wrote: any news on whether this may become compatible with android?

Would love to have Android compatibility ass well. I rooted my OUYA and the only thing I am missing on XBMC is the SpotiMC working...hope you could implement it. Love the looks of the app on the screenshot btw!!
I didn't have a chance to check Android compatibility lately, sorry. It fails randomly and was unable to identify the cause.

(2014-08-19, 05:48)htpcero Wrote: First off, thanks to the add-on devs for bringing spotify support to xbmc. Nice!

Now the issue: when playing songs, and going through a playlist, XBMC will suddenly stop playing music in the middle of the song; XBMC seems to thing it is still playing music because the "seconds counter" is still running, and when the "silent" song finishes, sometimes the next song will start with audio OK.

This appeared to be very random, and happening sometimes in a minute or two into a song, sometimes in the first few seconds.

I followed the instructions and disabled the CUCRClyrics functions of "search embedded lyrics" and also "search for local lyrics". I restarted XBMC many times after that, to no avail. Lyrics would appear to work sometimes, over multiple songs.

Then I found out that this was related to "synchronized lyrics", of certain songs specifically - the audio stops when the synchronized bar moves for the first time; or when no lyrics at all are found: audio stops when CU CRC Lyrics times out of all its sources (a minute or so into a song). When there are lyrics and those are not synchronized, no issues.

My workaround was to disable "Lyrics as a service" (so that playlist won't stop mid-way, on specific songs), and I prevent launching Lyrics when playing back spotimc.

Anyhow - it would be nice to have spotimc and the lyrics sript place nice to each other. Both are awesome Smile
Which XBMC version are you running? There was some deadlocking on the Python JSON interface that caused timeout issues. Versions prior to Gotham (13.0) are affected.
(2014-08-19, 09:26)mazkolain Wrote:
(2014-07-28, 14:15)Qefx Wrote: [quote='htpcero' pid='1776264' dateline='1408420094']
First off, thanks to the add-on devs for bringing spotify support to xbmc. Nice!

Which XBMC version are you running? There was some deadlocking on the Python JSON interface that caused timeout issues. Versions prior to Gotham (13.0) are affected.

This is on the latest stable XBMC / 13.1, on ubuntu 14.04 patched up as of today.
I just found this addon. I want to try to play songs from spotify at a specific date, for example every morning.
Is it possible, to write a script for your addon, where you can do something like that?

Best regards
I have a quite similar question.

Is it possible to play a spotifyplaylist by script?

I need an easy solution for playing a spotifyplaylist while showing a slideshow.

Sorry for my bad english.
Hey, thanks for the plugin. I do have a few questions.
First, would it be possible to modify the default skin so that it would work with the XBMC TTS Plugin found here? Or, would it take a whole new skin to be written from scratch? I don't think so as their only seem to be a few things that I've found that don't work.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid=1777664
Currently, when launching the plugin and viewing playlists, I can get no output and have to press enter on each playlist, see if it is the right one, and if it's not go back and repeat until I find the correct one. This can be extremely annoying for people who have many playlists created. Once I'm in a playlist, I can only see the song titles, not artists. So, if I have a few song titles that are the same back to back you can see how this would be a problem as I'd have to start one song, realize it's not the right one, go down, try the next and so on until I find the correct one. This is also true in the search screen where XBMC TTS will only announce to me the song titles and not the artists or albums (if those are even shown or is it only songs that are shown when you search?).
I'm not sure how much modification to your skin would be needed to make this happen, I'm just using the default 720P one, but if it is possible at all it'd be great.
Hey all,

Forgive me if this is something that I have just overlooked, but is there any way to get Spotimc to display your Spotify music library? All I see is tabs for New Stuff, Playlists, Search, More... and Exit. I find it very odd that I can't access my Spotify music library from this addon (unless I'm missing something) and the only way to listen to a track is to search for it. Seems a bit odd to me considering people spend a lot of time customizing their Spotify library.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon32