• 6(current)
Release TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper
At the moment this addon returns either a video screenshot or album cover. Could it be updated to return either video screenshot or track cover or album cover, in that order?

For many of the music videos I have in my collection I've already added single covers to the appropriate tracks so would be good to get these rather than all videos from a single album retruning the same album cover.
Where would a track get a cover from? Are you talking about a cover from a single?
(2014-02-14, 22:08)redhalo Wrote: Where would a track get a cover from? Are you talking about a cover from a single?

Yes, see this track.
Is there any way to handle artists that have a slash in their name such as "AC/DC"? Given you can't make a file name with a slash in it that makes the current situation impossible to scan that content into the music video library.

One possible solution is if the scraper can read ID3 artist/title tags and use those as a priority over filename encoding method if found. This would work for MP4 files, which seems to be the most common format for music video files anyway.

This solution could also solve the problem of other special problematic characters '\*?-' etc. in artist names and titles that has been reported by others.
'Could not download information
Unable to connect to remote server
Would you like to continue scanning?'

This is the error I'm getting. Tried renaming files properly with no luck. Any ideas? Only started happening the last few days and not sure if it's a problem on my end as movies for example scrape just fine.
TheAudioDB site is currently down, don't know why. When the site is back up I'm sure the scraper will work again.
(2014-08-10, 20:05)Pernod Wrote: TheAudioDB site is currently down, don't know why. When the site is back up I'm sure the scraper will work again.

I see! Thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully it'll be back soon...
(2014-08-10, 21:37)Koozwad Wrote:
(2014-08-10, 20:05)Pernod Wrote: TheAudioDB site is currently down, don't know why. When the site is back up I'm sure the scraper will work again.

I see! Thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully it'll be back soon...

It's been down for a couple of days now.
Sorry about that, I was on holiday.

Site is back up Big Grin
(2014-08-13, 09:07)zag Wrote: Sorry about that, I was on holiday.

Site is back up Big Grin

Works 100%. Thx for that!
I used this addon recently for the first time, and it had trouble finding matches for artists/titles that contained an apostrophe ( ' ).

I found that this could be fixed by replacing the apostrophe ( ' ) with backslash+apostrophe ( \' ) when adding manually the files to the library from within XMBC.

e.g.: The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men ---> The Weather Girls - It\'s Raining Men

Actually, the search field of TheAudioDB.com is doing this substitution. Just try searching for something and then in the results page see the text chain after "Search Results for...".

It would be nice if this could be implemented in the addon.
(2014-10-08, 12:27)bichologo Wrote: I used this addon recently for the first time, and it had trouble finding matches for artists/titles that contained an apostrophe ( ' ).

I found that this could be fixed by replacing the apostrophe ( ' ) with backslash+apostrophe ( \' ) when adding manually the files to the library from within XMBC.

e.g.: The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men ---> The Weather Girls - It\'s Raining Men

Actually, the search field of TheAudioDB.com is doing this substitution. Just try searching for something and then in the results page see the text chain after "Search Results for...".

It would be nice if this could be implemented in the addon.

Thank you very much for pointing this out.

I experienced the same problem with N-Trance - Stayin' Alive
Okay, read the whole thread, but still have an uber No0b question...

For some reason I can't get it to work properly. Must be on my end, but perhaps some of you could point me in the correct direction.

I've created a list of only a dozen music videos for test purposes.
All artists have their own folder.
For example Taylor Swift
Within this folder is a clip called : Taylor Swift - Everything Has Changed.mkv
Here's the album it's originated from :http://www.theaudiodb.com/album/2125627 And this is the link to the song info http://www.theaudiodb.com/track/32916311
When I update the library, the song gets named "22" ?
There is no poster or fanart downloaded.

Obviously I must be doing something wrong, because it's the same for almost every video.
Do I need to make subfolders naming the album? Red in this case.
Tried it to no avail though.

As a loooong time XBMC user I suddenly feel dumb lol

Thanks in advance for your help!
You need to put them in one folder for it to work I think
No, they can be in separate folders, but then the folder needs to be named as "Taylor Swift - Everything Has Changed".

Consequently it doesn't really make sense to store them in separate folders, I mean you can't group music videos from the same artist into one folder.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper4