Green pixelating lines on xbmc 13
Wasn't sure where to post this. Trying to figure out what is causing this. I have my movies as mkv files. Attached are some screenshots of a clip from LOTR played on firetv with xbmc 13 This happens to bunch of my other movies.

I played this same movie on Apple TV 2 with xbmc 13 and it plays fine. Also works fine on my pivos xios running xbmc 12.0 as well as my windows 7 PC with xbmc 13.0

Thanks for any suggestions

Intel GPUs seem to show a green line when using hardware decoding (VDA).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=172787

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Common_issues

looks like a gpu driver issue.
The Fire TV doesn't have an Intel GPU.
The screen pics doesn't tell the whole story. The green lines actually flicker. The video is choppy. Kind of like when it storms and satellite signal begins to fade out.

I'll try to take some video and upload to YouTube to so you can see
It is an issue with the video card or video driver.
I ended up uninstalling Gotham and installed frodo 12.0 on my fire tv. I played the same files and had no issues. Movie played perfect without issue. At this point im sticking with frodo.
So I reinstalled Gotham. Found out that the acceleration settings impacted this. So when played around with the different parameters this issue would go away. But the video playing was super slow and would be jittery. The audio would then also not be in sync. This was streaming blu ray rips around 30GB mkv files on hard wired connection.
[deleted]
I'm struggling with why does the xbmc frodo 12.0 not have any issues but the newer Gotham does. That's what doesn't make sense to me.
Frodo did not support Libstagefright or Mediacodec Hardware Acceleration therefore for anything non-Pivos it was software decode only.
XBMC -> Settings -> Videos -> Acceleration -> disable "Mediacodec"
This problem appears to be fixed in SPMC v13.3
I am surprised to see how many times the finger has pointed at the drivers yet the issue does not happen if using another player such as MPC with DVXA turned on.

from the second link below (XBMC wiki) you can see it is a confirmed issue in XMBC but a fix for it brings other nastier problems.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket in Trac or GitHub for this?

Probably we can vote and better document the issue there.

(2014-05-29, 00:20)ylwfvr Wrote: Wasn't sure where to post this. Trying to figure out what is causing this. I have my movies as mkv files. Attached are some screenshots of a clip from LOTR played on firetv with xbmc 13 This happens to bunch of my other movies.

I played this same movie on Apple TV 2 with xbmc 13 and it plays fine. Also works fine on my pivos xios running xbmc 12.0 as well as my windows 7 PC with xbmc 13.0

(2014-08-13, 04:18)javich Wrote: I am surprised to see how many times the finger has pointed at the drivers yet the issue does not happen if using another player such as MPC with DVXA turned on.

from the second link below (XBMC wiki) you can see it is a confirmed issue in XMBC but a fix for it brings other nastier problems.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket in Trac or GitHub for this?

Probably we can vote and better document the issue there.

(2014-05-29, 00:20)ylwfvr Wrote: Wasn't sure where to post this. Trying to figure out what is causing this. I have my movies as mkv files. Attached are some screenshots of a clip from LOTR played on firetv with xbmc 13 This happens to bunch of my other movies.

there is no DXVA or mpc on android...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Green pixelating lines on xbmc 130