• 151(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
(2014-08-15, 11:34)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-08-15, 11:12)MethosNL Wrote: Hi pecinko,

Just installed the latest version (4.5.5), I see you removed skin.widget support in favor of built-in support.
Is it by design , that episodes that I already watched are still showing in the main menu?

I just love the feature that it hides the already watched items from the home menu , right now It doesn't seem to work anymore Sad

Right. Reasoning was that you have a quick glance of recent items on a shelf and that you can make your own playlists of recent AND unwatched movies if you like and add it to a submenu as your custom items via favorites.

Benefits are that no script is needed, shelf items appear faster and you can use XBMC advanced settings file to increase number of shelf items if you want. Here's an example that will give you 35 of them:

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <recentlyaddeditems>35</recentlyaddeditems>
    <!-- number of recently added items. Defaults to 25 -->
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings> 

Just save this as "advanced settings.xml" and put it in your user data folder

Ahh, thank you for the explanation. I can understand your reasoning! I will look in to creating some new playlists.
Hi all Smile

I have some issues with the Media shelf for TV Shows:

- It shows Screenshots of the episode + the name and number of the the episode, but doesn't tell which TV Show it is anymore. I'm on the newest version of Quartz.
- Also the header of the Media Shelf says 'Next Epsiode and Recently added', but this should be changed to 'Recently added episodes' only now?

Another issue is the text giving help/info in 'Settings' are written in blue on black background. Hard to read.
The Real Skimshady
(2014-08-19, 12:27)bthusby Wrote: Hi all Smile

I have some issues with the Media shelf for TV Shows:

- It shows Screenshots of the episode + the name and number of the the episode, but doesn't tell which TV Show it is anymore. I'm on the newest version of Quartz.
- Also the header of the Media Shelf says 'Next Epsiode and Recently added', but this should be changed to 'Recently added episodes' only now?

Another issue is the text giving help/info in 'Settings' are written in blue on black background. Hard to read.

That's very interesting as this is what I have:

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hmmm...

Some of my Screenshots have the TV Show Banner on top of it, but most don't... How can I assure all my episodes have a Banner overlayed on the Screenshot? I have tried restarting XBMC, updating the library etc. I have banner-files in the TV Show folders too...
The Real Skimshady
(2014-08-19, 19:17)bthusby Wrote: Hmmm...

Some of my Screenshots have the TV Show Banner on top of it, but most don't... How can I assure all my episodes have a Banner overlayed on the Screenshot? I have tried restarting XBMC, updating the library etc. I have banner-files in the TV Show folders too...

Looks like there's some problem with banners (missing or mixed-up). I'll have to remove them in next update Sad
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Too bad. The banner sollution looks really cool if they show on all the episodes... Smile

Sometimes, not very often, some of the episodes show without a thumb too. How can I fix that?

You didn't comment the blue text on black background for the settings help text. Maybe white (or possibly light blue) text is better?

Thanks for a great skin! The only one able to work stable on the TV2! Big Grin
The Real Skimshady
(2014-08-21, 14:18)bthusby Wrote: Too bad. The banner sollution looks really cool if they show on all the episodes... Smile

Sometimes, not very often, some of the episodes show without a thumb too. How can I fix that?

You didn't comment the blue text on black background for the settings help text. Maybe white (or possibly light blue) text is better?

I'm in the middle of skin revamp (just don't say anyone as somebody might get pissed), care to send a screenshot so I know what's the text we're talking about? I'm afraid we can't do much about missing thumbs but I'll revisit that part of a code and maybe I'll find the cause (probably XBMC thing, though).
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Version 4.5.5 and 13.2 xbmc

A strange issue on any streaming media. Any streaming media issue has this annoying bug where the "opening stream" overlay box does not disappear, but remains on screen, the only way to make it disappear is to hit cancel.. which then kills the stream:

oh - btw, love on the new version the way the banner shows under the tv thumbnail on the homescreen.
@ herds
Does this happen in Confluence?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I just want to report back that the 'TV Show' -shelf with "show name banner" now works after I re-scraped my video library Smile New episodes shows perfectly with a screenshot and the shows banner at the bottom, and nicely done with episode number and episode name shown when an item is selected.

However, the text above the 'TV Show' -shelf still says: 'Next Up and Recently added episodes' while it now in fact only shows recently added episodes.

The text that was hard to read, like I reported earlier, is the "help text" in blue on black background. If you go into 'Settings', and e.g. enter 'Appearance', you will see the text 'Level' (Basic, Standard, Advanced and Expert) and all the bottom text that explains each setting when it is selected. These are a bit hard to read with the current color combination. Thats all.

Another bug I have discovered, also relating to TV Shows, is after you enter 'In Progress', and go back out to the main menu, and thereafter enter 'TV Shows', it gives you the 'In progress' instead. Also you have to back out through the whole hierarchy to return to the main menu from there. This glitch only happens the first time after you used 'In progress' and go immediately to 'TV shows'...
The Real Skimshady
Hi! @pecinko
Can u change Fanart view like Sio2 view .
pls
thanks
(2014-09-11, 08:30)shuvro Wrote: Hi! @pecinko
Can u change Fanart view like Sio2 view .
pls
thanks

I don't know how it looks.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-09-08, 12:14)pecinko Wrote: @ herds
Does this happen in Confluence?

Wierd, yes it does. I just figured it was a quartz thing.
What ever happened to "Party Mode" in this skin, did it end up getting pulled? I recently went through all my music videos and updated them to HD versions and scraped them in to the library. Everything works out well and I love how you populate the Music section with covers for the videos, I'm just not figuring out how to make a randomized play list play my music videos in this skin. Am I missing something obvious? If so please educate me! I searched the thread and saw support was added on 2013-03-17, 23:20 but that's the last I can find mentioning it!

Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: For anyone else potentially having this issue also--

I discovered that for whatever reason the default Smart Playlist which acts as a 'Party Mode' doesn't trigger the action to allow either playback or display of the playlist when made a favorite and added to the home screen. The work around is to create your own version of Party Mode by creating a new Smart Playlist, save it under a different name than the existing "Party Mode" (I personally use the name "MTV Classic" as the name for mine) then add it to favorites. Finally return to settings --> Skin --> Home Menu Customizer --> Music --> Favorite #Huh --> MTV Classic (or whatever you named your playlist) You will be presented with a dialogue box, asking if you: "Do you want to play the playlist instead of entering? Y/N?"

I hope this helps someone else.
Is there any way that 'Favourites' could be it's own main menu item.
Or even better have tv favourites and movie favourites as a sub menu item

I know i can individually chose items from favourites and put them as a sub menu item but to have the entire favourites category as a sub menu option would be great

just trying to think of better ways of having all my TV shows together (from both my library AND favourites ) in one place and and both favourite movies and library movies together.. .
Favourites seems so out the way here
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12