I did try – honest – but can not find were to download from
Got to this link :-
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...Favourites
but no further
Could you please give the link to your Repo
Thanks for doing this

Repo can be found here.

https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...-1.0.6.zip

The latest version has quite a lot of extra functionality so please checkout the changelog and the settings dialog, e.g.

Inherit thumb - folders will automatically pick up the thumb from the first favourite in them
Colourize folders and favourites
Renamed Super Search to iSearch
iRecommend,
If a favourite refers to an addon then that addon's settings can now be selected from the SF context menu (this is very useful!)
i have just installed the latest version of SF and can not for the life of me work out how to add a sub folder to a super folder. I have one named Search and would like to add some sub folders into it s that I can group various items together.

I do apologize If this has been asked before, but I was unable to find an up to date tutorial or any posts covering the subject.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
From what I remember you just go to the folder you created and then do the option menu again and say new folder.
I have folders within folders and do not remember having any issues creating them
Not looking at it now, so may not be the actual menu words, will take a look this evening, when I try out the .zip from mail above.
Hi spoyser
Downloaded and installed fine
Added at new favourite from the context menu and the fanart appear ( the favourite is a folder ) – great – makes a difference. But
When select it to go into the folder, it does not – just goes to the native videos list i.e. movies, files, etc.
Keeping the line in from the previous version, the contents appear fine.
Here is the favourite.xml :-
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<favourites>
<favourite name="Africa" thumb="/media/Seagate Expansion Drive/E/my-Player/Africa/folder.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,"/media/Seagate Expansion Drive/E/my-Player/Africa/")</favourite>

Above is fine

Below does not display contents of folder, but does display fanart.

<favourite name="Africa" thumb="/media/Seagate Expansion Drive/E/my-Player/Africa/folder.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,"/media/Seagate Expansion Drive/E/my-Player/Africa/?sf_fanart=%2Fmedia%2FSeagate+Expansion+Drive%2FE%2Fmy-Player%2FAfrica%2Ffanart.jpg_")</favourite>
</favourites>

I am quite happy to try any modification, using a editor and uploading.
(2014-08-15, 12:22)Donkeyoatay Wrote: i have just installed the latest version of SF and can not for the life of me work out how to add a sub folder to a super folder. I have one named Search and would like to add some sub folders into it s that I can group various items together.

I do apologize If this has been asked before, but I was unable to find an up to date tutorial or any posts covering the subject.

I have been playing around with SF for the last couple of days. I have read everything I can find on the subject and watched the only tutorial I could find on uTube many times.

I am now beginning to think that there is a bug here. As I said above, I am trying to make a sub folder in an existing super folder. Having selected the favourite I want to put in a sub folder, I have then brought up the contextual menu and selected either move or copy. Let's say I select move. I am then presented with a new window where I am instructed to choose the super folder to move the favourite to. At this stage I can see the sub folders I have already created whilst playing around with SF. OK, I click on an existing folder listed or choose add new folder and name it. From here , when I click on an existing folder or create a new folder to move the favourite I started with, and then OK, I am returned to the main screen with the list of super folders. Unfortunately, the already created folder or the new one I have just created does not show up. Where is it. It does exist as I saw it when I was asked to choose or add a new folder.

I have searched all settings many times to see if there is an option turned off to show these sub folders. Nothing! The problem I also have is that, if I chose to move the favourite to an existing sub folder or create a new one, it is moved, but I can not see the folder having completed the process. Finally, how do I delete a sub folder that I have created if I can not see it?

Any help would be so much appreciated. Super Favourites will be so useful to me, but I have first got to get everything working.
(2014-08-16, 20:39)Donkeyoatay Wrote:
(2014-08-15, 12:22)Donkeyoatay Wrote: i have just installed the latest version of SF and can not for the life of me work out how to add a sub folder to a super folder. I have one named Search and would like to add some sub folders into it s that I can group various items together.

I have been playing around with SF for the last couple of days. I have read everything I can find on the subject and watched the only tutorial I could find on uTube many times.

I am now beginning to think that there is a bug here. As I said above, I am trying to make a sub folder in an existing super folder. Having selected the favourite I want to put in a sub folder, I have then brought up the contextual menu and selected either move or copy. Let's say I select move. I am then presented with a new window where I am instructed to choose the super folder to move the favourite to. At this stage I can see the sub folders I have already created whilst playing around with SF. OK, I click on an existing folder listed or choose add new folder and name it. From here , when I click on an existing folder or create a new folder to move the favourite I started with, and then OK, I am returned to the main screen with the list of super folders. Unfortunately, the already created folder or the new one I have just created does not show up. Where is it. It does exist as I saw it when I was asked to choose or add a new folder.

I have searched all settings many times to see if there is an option turned off to show these sub folders. Nothing! The problem I also have is that, if I chose to move the favourite to an existing sub folder or create a new one, it is moved, but I can not see the folder having completed the process. Finally, how do I delete a sub folder that I have created if I can not see it?

Any help would be so much appreciated. Super Favourites will be so useful to me, but I have first got to get everything working.

After the context menu ehen you are instructed to choose a Super Folder to move/copy a favourite too, make sure you first select the folder called Super Favoutites and then create a new sub-folder in there.
(2014-08-16, 14:52)Tony_g Wrote: Hi spoyser
Added at new favourite from the context menu and the fanart appear ( the favourite is a folder ) – great – makes a difference. But
When select it to go into the folder, it does not – just goes to the native videos list i.e. movies, files, etc.
<favourites>
<favourite name="Africa" thumb="/media/Seagate Expansion Drive/E/my-Player/Africa/folder.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,"/media/Seagate Expansion Drive/E/my-Player/Africa/")</favourite>

Above is fine

<favourite name="Africa" thumb="/media/Seagate Expansion Drive/E/my-Player/Africa/folder.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,"/media/Seagate Expansion Drive/E/my-Player/Africa/?sf_fanart=%2Fmedia%2FSeagate+Expansion+Drive%2FE%2Fmy-Player%2FAfrica%2Ffanart.jpg_")</favourite>
</favourites>

I can see the problem, I'll get it sorted.
Perhaps I didn't search thoroughly enough, but I couldn't find an answer to this.

Does SF work with Transparency for Gotham? I can't get the "Standard Context Menu" to come up. Is there a setting I missed?

Cheers
Using KODI since 2002, back when Xbox Media Player ran on a modded xbox, soldered modchip and all..."the good old days."
(2014-08-16, 14:52)Tony_g Wrote: Hi spoyser
<favourites>

Above is fine

</favourites>

I've PM'ed you

(2014-08-18, 02:37)dCypher Wrote: Perhaps I didn't search thoroughly enough, but I couldn't find an answer to this.

Does SF work with Transparency for Gotham? I can't get the "Standard Context Menu" to come up. Is there a setting I missed?

Cheers

Downloading skin now

Edit - seems okay at my end, what version of SF are you running?
(2014-08-16, 23:15)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-08-16, 20:39)Donkeyoatay Wrote:

After the context menu ehen you are instructed to choose a Super Folder to move/copy a favourite too, make sure you first select the folder called Super Favoutites and then create a new sub-folder in there.

Thank you for that information. However, I am trying to create a sub folder in a sub folder. Can I do that? If so how?
(2014-08-19, 09:56)Donkeyoatay Wrote: Thank you for that information. However, I am trying to create a sub folder in a sub folder. Can I do that? If so how?

Whilst browsing the folder in which you want the sub-folder bring up the context menu and select 'Create New Super Folder'
(2014-08-19, 10:11)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-08-19, 09:56)Donkeyoatay Wrote: Thank you for that information. However, I am trying to create a sub folder in a sub folder. Can I do that? If so how?

Whilst browsing the folder in which you want the sub-folder bring up the context menu and select 'Create New Super Folder'

Thanks again. I confirm that I can add a sub folder to a folder but when created I can not add any of the contents of the folder to it. When I select an item and then move, from the menu that appears I select Super folder and then the new sub folder is not available for selection. It is visible but can not be selected which means that I can not move anything to it!
(2014-08-21, 10:42)Donkeyoatay Wrote:
(2014-08-19, 10:11)spoyser Wrote:

Thanks again. I confirm that I can add a sub folder to a folder but when created I can not add any of the contents of the folder to it. When I select an item and then move, from the menu that appears I select Super folder and then the new sub folder is not available for selection. It is visible but can not be selected which means that I can not move anything to it!

Not really sure what you mean by

"It is visible but can not be selected"

If you can see it then you should be able to select it, what happens when you click it?
(2014-08-21, 11:56)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 10:42)Donkeyoatay Wrote:
(2014-08-19, 10:11)spoyser Wrote: Whilst browsing the folder in which you want the sub-folder bring up the context menu and select 'Create New Super Folder'

Not really sure what you mean by

"It is visible but can not be selected"

If you can see it then you should be able to select it, what happens when you click it?

Nothing. It is not live!

I sincerely thank you for all the time you have spent on this but I also have wasted many hours playing around with it. I have decided to admit defeat and call it a day. Many thanks.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6