• 53(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-08-21, 15:20)bobones Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 14:11)Grand Total Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 11:36)Pompey Monkey Wrote: I got my brother, who is a Unix in embedded systems professional, to look at the installation of corey's previous release and he said that SSH was not even installed. No wonder people could not open a shell! Wink
That would explain it I suppose, but what I don't understand is how some people supposedly are able to login. I think I'll take a close look at the build (when I get my Ubuntu partition working again).
No, that doesn't explain it, because people with the problem actually get a login prompt from sshd so sshd is running despite what the Unix professional says. The problem seems to be related to detection of the mkpasswd function on some build platforms meaning that the /etc/shadow file containing the encrypted password for "letmein" was not created properly when built on these platforms.
Before I had to delete my Ubuntu partition last night I tried to build a new MX Linux with XBMC. One of the issues I had was that mkpasswd was not present on my machine ("apt-get install whois" fixed that). So there is light at the end of the tunnel.
(2014-08-21, 15:09)AuXBoX Wrote: I'm uploading another update to test aswell

Any differences?
(2014-08-21, 15:32)Grand Total Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 15:20)bobones Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 14:11)Grand Total Wrote: That would explain it I suppose, but what I don't understand is how some people supposedly are able to login. I think I'll take a close look at the build (when I get my Ubuntu partition working again).
No, that doesn't explain it, because people with the problem actually get a login prompt from sshd so sshd is running despite what the Unix professional says. The problem seems to be related to detection of the mkpasswd function on some build platforms meaning that the /etc/shadow file containing the encrypted password for "letmein" was not created properly when built on these platforms.
Before I had to delete my Ubuntu partition last night I tried to build a new MX Linux with XBMC. One of the issues I had was that mkpasswd was not present on my machine ("apt-get install whois" fixed that). So there is light at the end of the tunnel.
I had a problem building it because sed does not have the "-c" or "--copy" option on my platform (Ubuntu) that seems to be available on RH based platforms. I had to manually fix a couple of make files to get the build to complete. No such problem with mkpasswd though. I think the issue was that the build previously did not detect that the mkpasswd command was missing so forged ahead, making a bad shadow file.
interested to hear if the Broadcom wifi will finally work. other than that the current build is absolutely perfect (and who cares about wifi when you have Ethernet anyway).
(2014-08-21, 15:37)belliash Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 15:09)AuXBoX Wrote: I'm uploading another update to test aswell

Any differences?

Only for testing on broadcom, to see if made any difference

@raymw

What M3 boxes did you need gotham for?
Press THANK USER if I Help
I now have an 'interesting' problem. I cannot upgrade my ATV 1200 box. I have tried to upgrade to MX Linux + XBMC 13.2 and to revert to Android, but my box does not appear to recognise the fact that I am holding the upgrade button since it just boots into MX Linux and starts to run XBMC.

Anybody have an ideas on what I can do about this?
(2014-08-21, 16:02)bobones Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 15:32)Grand Total Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 15:20)bobones Wrote: No, that doesn't explain it, because people with the problem actually get a login prompt from sshd so sshd is running despite what the Unix professional says. The problem seems to be related to detection of the mkpasswd function on some build platforms meaning that the /etc/shadow file containing the encrypted password for "letmein" was not created properly when built on these platforms.
I had a problem building it because sed does not have the "-c" or "--copy" option on my platform (Ubuntu) that seems to be available on RH based platforms. I had to manually fix a couple of make files to get the build to complete. No such problem with mkpasswd though. I think the issue was that the build previously did not detect that the mkpasswd command was missing so forged ahead, making a bad shadow file.

This is interesting, if at the extreme limit of my understanding of Linux. - I'll pass the information on to my brother who, btw, just took it on my word that "I could not log in with SSH". He should have tested it himself!

Thanks to all for looking into it Smile
Auxbox I have both MyGica A11 boxes and Sumvision Cyclone Nano Slim+ boxes (which are basically the same unit) that could benefit from Linux Gotham maybe. Only problem I possibly have is will the M3 Linux Gotham build allow me to use the MacBeth1975 WiFi fix I use at the moment with copying over the DialogAccess.xml file to the .xbmc area ?? if the M3 Linux Gotham build uses the Network WiFi Manager built in app for WiFi switching then this wonderful little fix of course will not work, but be okay if these early boxes did not use the incompatible Broadcom WiFi Huh Anyway Auxbox many thanks if you can compile such an M3 Linux Gotham build as I am sure it will be also most welcomed by many here still using these older single core M3 boxes. Maybe would be worth putting it on the leading thread page with the recommended build links if the compile checks out well as I am sure it will as usual for compiles from you.

BoBone have tried your initial test Linux Gotham 13.2 compile and it seems to work very well on my ATV1200 box though still have that Passthrough audio switching problem with my Denon AVR X500 home theatre box which is of course beyond your control. One problem I have noticed which never seen before is if I go to the File Manager then often the screen just shows the Confluence wallpaper and nothing else, so I have to use the return button to the home screen then try again and it then works properly, strange indeed. It left all my add-ons in place from Linux Gotham 13.1 latest build, but I had to reconfigure the short cuts, screen calibration, international settings etc as usual of course, and can report it still has available 100% pure 1080 resolution.. Have not tested it to my ATV520 box yet for the Broadcom issue fix but will do and advise. Now see that Auxbox has posted a couple of test builds which I will also now try, so many thanks to both of you for these compiles, very much appreciated.
Cheers
Raymw
(2014-08-22, 02:39)Grand Total Wrote: I now have an 'interesting' problem. I cannot upgrade my ATV 1200 box. I have tried to upgrade to MX Linux + XBMC 13.2 and to revert to Android, but my box does not appear to recognise the fact that I am holding the upgrade button since it just boots into MX Linux and starts to run XBMC.

have you taken the power out from the back of the box then hold reset, insert power back in, and keep holding for 10 seconds?
Press THANK USER if I Help
(2014-08-22, 07:32)raymw Wrote: Auxbox I have both MyGica A11 boxes and Sumvision Cyclone Nano Slim+ boxes (which are basically the same unit) that could benefit from Linux Gotham maybe. Only problem I possibly have is will the M3 Linux Gotham build allow me to use the MacBeth1975 WiFi fix I use at the moment with copying over the DialogAccess.xml file to the .xbmc area ?? if the M3 Linux Gotham build uses the Network WiFi Manager built in app for WiFi switching then this wonderful little fix of course will not work, but be okay if these early boxes did not use the incompatible Broadcom WiFi Huh Anyway Auxbox many thanks if you can compile such an M3 Linux Gotham build as I am sure it will be also most welcomed by many here still using these older single core M3 boxes. Maybe would be worth putting it on the leading thread page with the recommended build links if the compile checks out well as I am sure it will as usual for compiles from you.

BoBone have tried your initial test Linux Gotham 13.2 compile and it seems to work very well on my ATV1200 box though still have that Passthrough audio switching problem with my Denon AVR X500 home theatre box which is of course beyond your control. One problem I have noticed which never seen before is if I go to the File Manager then often the screen just shows the Confluence wallpaper and nothing else, so I have to use the return button to the home screen then try again and it then works properly, strange indeed. It left all my add-ons in place from Linux Gotham 13.1 latest build, but I had to reconfigure the short cuts, screen calibration, international settings etc as usual of course, and can report it still has available 100% pure 1080 resolution.. Have not tested it to my ATV520 box yet for the Broadcom issue fix but will do and advise. Now see that Auxbox has posted a couple of test builds which I will also now try, so many thanks to both of you for these compiles, very much appreciated.

Maybe you have CVBS input in your TV and could you check how it's working on ATV1200 with Linux Gotham 13.2?
(2014-08-22, 07:51)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-08-22, 02:39)Grand Total Wrote: I now have an 'interesting' problem. I cannot upgrade my ATV 1200 box. I have tried to upgrade to MX Linux + XBMC 13.2 and to revert to Android, but my box does not appear to recognise the fact that I am holding the upgrade button since it just boots into MX Linux and starts to run XBMC.

have you taken the power out from the back of the box then hold reset, insert power back in, and keep holding for 10 seconds?
Yes exactly that sequence, for 10 seconds, 5 seconds and longer than 10 seconds. The result is the same it just boots MX Linux. It's more of a living rock than a brick, at least it is functional. Confused
(2014-08-22, 05:46)Pompey Monkey Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 16:02)bobones Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 15:32)Grand Total Wrote: Before I had to delete my Ubuntu partition last night I tried to build a new MX Linux with XBMC. One of the issues I had was that mkpasswd was not present on my machine ("apt-get install whois" fixed that). So there is light at the end of the tunnel.

This is interesting, if at the extreme limit of my understanding of Linux. - I'll pass the information on to my brother who, btw, just took it on my word that "I could not log in with SSH". He should have tested it himself!

Hi all, it seems that /etc/shadow file is missing root's password.

First row of the file should be root:rhuKqbfYKIhxM:10933:0:99999:7:::

You can edit the file with an FTP program.

Saludos.
(2014-08-22, 14:46)cachoperro Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 16:02)bobones Wrote: I had a problem building it because sed does not have the "-c" or "--copy" option on my platform (Ubuntu) that seems to be available on RH based platforms. I had to manually fix a couple of make files to get the build to complete. No such problem with mkpasswd though. I think the issue was that the build previously did not detect that the mkpasswd command was missing so forged ahead, making a bad shadow file.

Saludos.
Works perfectly, thanks.
(2014-08-15, 15:43)belliash Wrote: Hey, I got few questions regarding this software:

1) Does it work on MyGica Dual Core Enoy TV Box ATV1200?
2) Does this ROM include IPTV Simple PVR addon?
3) Does it support CVBS+Audio as Id like to connect it to old, CRT TV? Do i need t oset anything in options first on HDMI comptible device or will it work out of hand?
4) What should I flash in order to switch from Android to this mod and what to check before proceed?

Thank you in advance for all the answers!
Regards

Belliash -I just tested the 1.0 corey build and it appears to support component, but not composite.

(2014-08-22, 14:46)cachoperro Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 16:02)bobones Wrote: I had a problem building it because sed does not have the "-c" or "--copy" option on my platform (Ubuntu) that seems to be available on RH based platforms. I had to manually fix a couple of make files to get the build to complete. No such problem with mkpasswd though. I think the issue was that the build previously did not detect that the mkpasswd command was missing so forged ahead, making a bad shadow file.

Saludos.

Wooo! it works. Many thanks cachoperro.

I did try to manually edit the shadow file previously, but had no idea what what I was supposed to put in there!
(2014-08-22, 08:18)belliash Wrote:
(2014-08-22, 07:32)raymw Wrote: Auxbox I have both MyGica A11 boxes and Sumvision Cyclone Nano Slim+ boxes (which are basically the same unit) that could benefit from Linux Gotham maybe. Only problem I possibly have is will the M3 Linux Gotham build allow me to use the MacBeth1975 WiFi fix I use at the moment with copying over the DialogAccess.xml file to the .xbmc area ?? if the M3 Linux Gotham build uses the Network WiFi Manager built in app for WiFi switching then this wonderful little fix of course will not work, but be okay if these early boxes did not use the incompatible Broadcom WiFi Huh Anyway Auxbox many thanks if you can compile such an M3 Linux Gotham build as I am sure it will be also most welcomed by many here still using these older single core M3 boxes. Maybe would be worth putting it on the leading thread page with the recommended build links if the compile checks out well as I am sure it will as usual for compiles from you.

Maybe you have CVBS input in your TV and could you check how it's working on ATV1200 with Linux Gotham 13.2?

Sorry but not sure why I need to do that. My TV connects to my latest Denon AVR X500 by HDMI and I have full 1080 res on Gotham 13.1 and 13.2. My Samsung series 6 has composite and component inputs of course but that would not solve my Home Theatre not auto switching to passthrough audio with DTS or DD conten. It works fine if each time I manually force the Denon to passthrough mode in the Input Select menus.

Worked fine auto switching to passthrough with Linux Frodo 13.1 and earlier versionsHuh Now until I manually switch it as above I get of course the analogue reproduction of a data stream with the loud staccato noise only. As discussed here before it seems only with this new Denon model and common to all samples as same on my friends X500 too. So maybe I should take it up with Denon but as I said problem only started with Linux Frodo 12.4 and Gotham builds which makes me think of course there may be a bug in these builds causing my problem.

Thanks for any help here Belliash as it is much appreciated. Or do you just want me to test the old composite and component connections with the new 13.2 build which I can do for you for sure ?? I do not think composite video on the single yellow lead supports HD anyway, component RGB does of course.
Cheers
Raymw
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5