• 52(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-08-18, 13:24)JasonPell Wrote: So all I was missing for a complete remote controlled experience was to start irxevent in my session with the lirc irvent config file mentioned earlier on this thread. I can pause and resume and exit the browser back to xbmc all without xbmc moving from the Netflix menu where I left it.

This rocks
Happy to help! I agree, it works really well now.
(2014-08-12, 22:54)Kr0nZ Wrote: Awesome! So glad netflix is now working natively on Linux in HTML5.
The pipelight thing always caused me to have A LOT of video tearing, but so far with the html5 player I haven't noticed any.

In case anyone's interested these are the steps I took to get it working:
  • Download google chrome "unstable" (v38) from https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/?p...devchannel
  • If on ubuntu, or an ubuntu based system, You may need to update libnss3 to 3.16.3. Im on Mint 17 and I had to update it.
    * You can get the deb files from here *
  • Open up Chrome and install the 'User-Agent Switcher for Chrome' extension
  • Setup the extention to spoof the following User agent:
    Code:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2114.2 Safari/537.36

Nice, I wonder if this would be possible on openelec.

If I had that with remote control it would be great.
(2014-08-19, 16:26)jadel Wrote:
(2014-08-12, 22:54)Kr0nZ Wrote: Awesome! So glad netflix is now working natively on Linux in HTML5.
The pipelight thing always caused me to have A LOT of video tearing, but so far with the html5 player I haven't noticed any.

In case anyone's interested these are the steps I took to get it working:
  • Download google chrome "unstable" (v38) from https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/?p...devchannel
  • If on ubuntu, or an ubuntu based system, You may need to update libnss3 to 3.16.3. Im on Mint 17 and I had to update it.
    * You can get the deb files from here *
  • Open up Chrome and install the 'User-Agent Switcher for Chrome' extension
  • Setup the extention to spoof the following User agent:
    Code:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2114.2 Safari/537.36

Nice, I wonder if this would be possible on openelec.

If I had that with remote control it would be great.

I wondered the same thing. I can only imagine this will happen one day.
I'm going to throw this out there to see if anybody can help me out. The add-on is working nearly flawlessly. I was just wondering if anybody knows how to activate the Netflix subtitles with a hotkey? I've searched endlessly but can't find anything. Ultimately I'm trying to figure out a way to turn on and off the subtitles with my remote, it's the only thing I still need the mouse for and I'm trying to get rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(2014-08-04, 00:49)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: v1.2.9:
- Fixed search
- Fixed "Viewing Activity"

Thanks for the great work again!
Here my testresults for version 1.2.9:

- Next page doesn't work for TV-series, it does work however for the movies section.
- Search doesn't work at all
- Add to my list is working now

And a few "nice to have" feature requests:

- is there a way to set an episode (or movie) as "watched" ?
- i have modified the default.py to override the useragent (for html5 on Linux video player), can that be included in settings ?

Keep up the great work!
I can't find the latest version (1.2.9) on the authors github. Where is the latest version hosted?

I've installed 1.2.6, and it is working with IE.
Ok, I did look through some of this thread but did not find the answer to this. I installed the add-on, went perfect, went in a did the initial settings set-up, when I tried to close the settings window it would not close, further more while clicking "OK", and the "X" close button the whole computer locked up. I ended up restarting the computer just to get out of it. Opened XBMC back up, went back to the add-on, accidentally clicked on the wrong button, and opened the settings again, and you guessed it, could not exit the settings screen again, however the computer didn't lock up this time, I just couldn't exit. I short-pressed the power button on the pc, brought up the XBMC exit screen, with shutdown system, reboot system etc..., clicked on exit, now the pc locks up, again another hard reboot, although I did notice it had saved all my settings changes apparently. Rebooted pc again, opened XBMC, clicked "Videos", then "Add-ons", then "NetFliXBMC" it opened the Settings menu again, and again had to reboot.

I have cleared all cache, etc..., I am running an older Dell Inspirion desktop, 2.ghz, 2gig ram, using a 42" LCD TV as a monitor, trying to set this up as sort of a
cheapo media center, I am running Zorin 9-lite, (an Ubuntu 14.04 flavor, basically a Lubuntu machine) I've ran this operating system on multiple computers for about 2 years, starting with Z6, and it's always been a stable platform that would run things other Linux flavors won't. All drivers, and programs are up-to-date, and the machine will play the "Ubuntu Netflix Desktop Launcher" (using FireFox), with no problem. I would just like to get it running in XBMC for the ability to use a remote to operate, instead of getting up and going over and standing hunched over the computer trying to find another movie. That's not good on my bad back.

Any idea's? I wanted to ask before I went through the trouble of uninstalling, and reinstalling, in case this was a known issue with an easy fix. Let me know if you need any more information of any kind.

Thank You so much for your time and effort in putting together an add-on that I know I'm going to love and use for years.
Robby
(2014-08-22, 14:31)rk4262 Wrote: Ok, I did look through some of this thread but did not find the answer to this. I installed the add-on, went perfect, went in a did the initial settings set-up, when I tried to close the settings window it would not close, further more while clicking "OK", and the "X" close button the whole computer locked up. I ended up restarting the computer just to get out of it. Opened XBMC back up, went back to the add-on, accidentally clicked on the wrong button, and opened the settings again, and you guessed it, could not exit the settings screen again, however the computer didn't lock up this time, I just couldn't exit. I short-pressed the power button on the pc, brought up the XBMC exit screen, with shutdown system, reboot system etc..., clicked on exit, now the pc locks up, again another hard reboot, although I did notice it had saved all my settings changes apparently. Rebooted pc again, opened XBMC, clicked "Videos", then "Add-ons", then "NetFliXBMC" it opened the Settings menu again, and again had to reboot.

I have cleared all cache, etc..., I am running an older Dell Inspirion desktop, 2.ghz, 2gig ram, using a 42" LCD TV as a monitor, trying to set this up as sort of a
cheapo media center, I am running Zorin 9-lite, (an Ubuntu 14.04 flavor, basically a Lubuntu machine) I've ran this operating system on multiple computers for about 2 years, starting with Z6, and it's always been a stable platform that would run things other Linux flavors won't. All drivers, and programs are up-to-date, and the machine will play the "Ubuntu Netflix Desktop Launcher" (using FireFox), with no problem. I would just like to get it running in XBMC for the ability to use a remote to operate, instead of getting up and going over and standing hunched over the computer trying to find another movie. That's not good on my bad back.

Any idea's? I wanted to ask before I went through the trouble of uninstalling, and reinstalling, in case this was a known issue with an easy fix. Let me know if you need any more information of any kind.

Thank You so much for your time and effort in putting together an add-on that I know I'm going to love and use for years.
Robby

I don't have the lockup problem. But if my settings are not correct the plugin is coded to bring the settings screen up. So I think that's the loop you saw. I saw it also today but was able to use ps and kill to kill xbmc

I think the plugin should be changed to just report error rather than redisplaying settings.
(2014-08-22, 18:17)JasonPell Wrote: I think the plugin should be changed to just report error rather than redisplaying settings.

At least report what is wrong, which setting needs changed, or whatever the case may be.
(2014-08-22, 02:31)Krrok Wrote: I can't find the latest version (1.2.9) on the authors github. Where is the latest version hosted?

I've installed 1.2.6, and it is working with IE.

https://code.google.com/p/addonscriptord...netflixbmc
I'm getting a script error when trying to use the search command. Has this problem come up before?

Hopefully this is the correct log...Not sure what to look for

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=275287
Errr... I had google-chrome-beta working well, but the sound went away again. I've been fiddling with other things, so I'm sure I broke it somehow. My asound.conf hasn't changed. Anyone been grappling with sound issues in google-chrome-beta or google-chrome-unstable with success?
Hi, this addon sounds great!!!

Before I try anything and messing up my system... Does this work on Crystalbuntu?

Thanks in advance.
I am having a major issue. I am running on Windows 7 with 13.2. When I try to run a Netflix movie from a strm file in the Library, it will create an infinite loop of new tabs! This happens with both IE and Chrome as launchers.
Hello all,

Running Gotham 13.2 on an Amazon Fire TV, Chrome Launcher is visible in the repo and has been installed, however Netflixbmc is not showing in the beta repo.

I've forced refresh / updated the repo but still nothing will show.

Any tips / alternative download sites to manually install ?

Thank you
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7