• 79(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
Hey, Kyle.

Thanks for the quick update! I downloaded the ZIP file and had XBMC 13.2 (Windows 7 x64) install from ZIP. The new version of Artist Slideshow didn't work for me, so I started all over by manually deleting the script.artistslideshow folders in the Addons and Addon_data folders and then copying the contents of script.artistslideshow-1.6.9~beta2.zip over to the Addons folder. After I rebooted and enabled the new options, I played Janis Joplin and saw fanart and thumbnails. Everything looks good!

Well, almost. I tested two artists that I added images for over at Home Theater Backdrops, Jeff Tymoschuk and Jill Jones. Neither of these two artists have any other pics on htbackdrops.org or any at all on fanart.tv. When I played music by these two artists, the 1:1 thumbnails showed up (Jeff Tymoschuk at 340x340 and Jill Jones at 360x360), but the 16x9 fanart didn't show up. Jeff Tymoschuk has one at 1200x676 and Jill Jones has one at 841x473.

I'm not sure if this is by design or not. In the changelog above, you only mention artist thumbs, but not SD resolution fanart. But in the Artist Slideshow settings, the new option is called "download all images regardless of resolution," which sounds like it would include SD fanart.

I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but could SD fanart be included as well? Is that possible?

Thanks again!
(2014-08-24, 23:25)KevinSartori Wrote: Hey, Kyle.

Thanks for the quick update! I downloaded the ZIP file and had XBMC 13.2 (Windows 7 x64) install from ZIP. The new version of Artist Slideshow didn't work for me, so I started all over by manually deleting the script.artistslideshow folders in the Addons and Addon_data folders and then copying the contents of script.artistslideshow-1.6.9~beta2.zip over to the Addons folder. After I rebooted and enabled the new options, I played Janis Joplin and saw fanart and thumbnails. Everything looks good!

Well, almost. I tested two artists that I added images for over at Home Theater Backdrops, Jeff Tymoschuk and Jill Jones. Neither of these two artists have any other pics on htbackdrops.org or any at all on fanart.tv. When I played music by these two artists, the 1:1 thumbnails showed up (Jeff Tymoschuk at 340x340 and Jill Jones at 360x360), but the 16x9 fanart didn't show up. Jeff Tymoschuk has one at 1200x676 and Jill Jones has one at 841x473.

I'm not sure if this is by design or not. In the changelog above, you only mention artist thumbs, but not SD resolution fanart. But in the Artist Slideshow settings, the new option is called "download all images regardless of resolution," which sounds like it would include SD fanart.

I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but could SD fanart be included as well? Is that possible?

That was unintentional (this is why I do betas). htbackdrops categorizes images as 16x9, 1:1, or other. I hadn't realized there was an "other" category, so I wasn't asking for those images. I just posted 1.6.9~beta3 to my beta repo with that fix. I checked with Jeff Tymoschuk, and I get both images now when I select "download images regardless of resolution."

P.S. I forgot to mention one thing in my last post. Because AS doesn't age out the artist image list for two weeks, you probably need to delete the ArtistInformation folder in the user data/addon_data/script.artistslideshow folder if you want updated artist images immediately. Or at least the folder for the particular artist in question.
Excellent! That did it!

I never noticed the "Other" category at HT Backdrops! I've been uploading 16x9 ratio pics under the "Music Artist Backdrops (16:9)" category, but it turns out that any pics not specifically 1920x1080 or 1280x720 were re-categorized as "Other." Even resolutions in between (for example 1753x986) get re-categorized as "Other." FWIW, I took a look at the 1:1 pics I uploaded and 235x235 and up were accepted for "Music Artist Thumbnail (1:1)" but the next lowest resolution pic (193x193) and lower were all re-categorized as "Other." I bet the minimum resolution for "Music Artist Thumbnail (1:1)" is 200x200.

Thanks again, Kyle, for the request fulfillment and the quick fix! Now that's what I call service! Wink
(2014-07-27, 23:32)pkscout Wrote:
(2014-07-27, 23:20)alexp4re Wrote: hi pkscout - since last nite, the addon constantly updates like every 15 mins.(via window notification). i just wanna bring to ur attention. is this an isolated problem w/ me? i just updated from AS 1.6.8 BETA1 to AS 1.6.8 beta3, but problem still persists. thanx for the addon.

I'm not seeing it here on my end (my Windows machine is set to update from my beta repo). I pushed 1.6.8 into the repo last night, so there is an update out there, and it sounds like your XBMC is trying to update and then failing. I'd try the following:

1- uninstall Artist Slideshow (don't worry, your settings and artwork will be preserved)
2- do a force refresh of my beta repo
3- reinstall Artist Slideshow

You should have 1 6.8 at that point. If you don't or you keep getting the update message, please enable debug logging and post a link to the log so I can take a look.

addon updated itself to 1.6.9-beta3. now i'm gettin script error. just wanna bring this error to attention. is this a known problem w/ this update? will there be a fix? thanks.

win 7 x64, xbmc 13.2 gotham, aeon mq 5
(2014-08-25, 05:15)alexp4re Wrote: addon updated itself to 1.6.9-beta3. now i'm gettin script error. just wanna bring this error to attention. is this a known problem w/ this update? will there be a fix? thanks.

No errors on my development machines. Can't look into it if you don't post a debug log.
addon updated itself to 1.6.9-beta3. now i'm gettin script error. just wanna bring this error to attention. is this a known problem w/ this update? will there be a fix? thanks.

[/quote]

No errors on my development machines. Can't look into it if you don't post a debug log.
[/quote]

hi. i was only able able to get logs in 2 parts. here it is. thank you for looking.
http://pastebin.com/qSeLV83q
http://pastebin.com/CjSp7tzT
OK, I think I found it. The error only crops up in certain configurations, and neither of my development machines had the right group of settings. I just uploaded beta4, and it should fix that.
(2014-08-25, 08:30)pkscout Wrote: OK, I think I found it. The error only crops up in certain configurations, and neither of my development machines had the right group of settings. I just uploaded beta4, and it should fix that.

This update did the job. everything works fine again. i think it also fixed the karaoke synchronization problem that i was trying to work out w/ the developer of another addon. THANKS A LOT!!
i really do not understand. AS was working and now it is not. XBMC 13.2, amber skin. artists slideshow setting in amber enabled. Guess i have to provide logs also.

Can you give me a hint on how to capture logs?

Thanks in advance

Solved. There is some huge problem with CU LRC lyrics.
While this addon is installed (no matter if it is enabled or disabled) lyrics are showing on screen. Artist Slideshow only starts if i change skin to any other one, and then return back to amber.

If it will help you somehow, please tell me to reproduce this and send you some logs. (Also please tell me what and how to find the logs).

Again thank you for this great addon.
(2014-08-26, 14:00)GnFlala Wrote: i really do not understand. AS was working and now it is not. XBMC 13.2, amber skin. artists slideshow setting in amber enabled. Guess i have to provide logs also.

Thanks in advance

While this addon is installed (no matter if it is enabled or disabled) lyrics are showing on screen. Artist Slideshow only starts if i change skin to any other one, and then return back to amber.

If it will help you somehow, please tell me to reproduce this and send you some logs. (Also please tell me what and how to find the logs).

i kno what u mean. i had same problem. was workin then wasn't. pkscout updated to beta3 gave me script error, bcuz of my config. settings he said. the recent update to beta4 fixed it for me.

if u want to provide log see here. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy
i don't think u specifically stated what your problem was. pkscout needs to know & a full log in order to help you out.

as far as turning AS on or off, go to settings and disable or enable 'run service as.'

good luck.
(2014-08-26, 15:31)alexp4re Wrote:
(2014-08-26, 14:00)GnFlala Wrote: i really do not understand. AS was working and now it is not. XBMC 13.2, amber skin. artists slideshow setting in amber enabled. Guess i have to provide logs also.

Thanks in advance

i kno what u mean. i had same problem. was workin then wasn't. pkscout updated to beta3 gave me script error, bcuz of my config. settings he said. the recent update to beta4 fixed it for me.

if u want to provide log see here. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy
i don't think u specifically stated what your problem was. pkscout needs to know & a full log in order to help you out.

as far as turning AS on or off, go to settings and disable or enable 'run service as.'

good luck.

Well the problem was that the addon was not working. I also have it tell me with text what is going on in the background (images downloading, artist images not found, etc.).
It was working (along with CU LRC Lyrics), then suddently it stopped. No text info to tell me what is going on or something.

That is the problem and that is what i said in the 1st post.

It is solved without CU RLC lyrics (keep a mark here that disabling, and stopping running as a service the Lyrics addon did not solve the problem). The solution was to uninstall completly CU LRC Lyrics, reload the skin or restart XBMC, and here you go Artists slideshow is working again.

I cannot explain it better. If the developer thinks that reproducing this problem and creating logs while this problem is active, i would be happy to do it, but i will not do it if he does not asks me to, since my problem is solved, a solution (well at least according to me has been posted, specially since i do not use Lyrics addon), and i do not find it productive to just send logs to a developer for no reason. Unless he asks for them and he wants to find something.

Anyway, thank for the great addon
Hi,

the add-on workes well, but now I started using "tvtunes" on the skin "nebula". Everytime a theme starts playing, the artist slideshow notification is shown - even when "None" is selected in the addon settings.
KODI: 18 (latest on Google Play) with Emby-Addon
Skin: Estuary
Database: Emby Server Docker (linuxserver.io) on Synology DS1019+
Hardware: Nvidia Shield TV 2017
Video/Sound: via HDMI and Yamaha RX-V685 on Philips 55OLED804
Remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate
(2014-08-26, 17:36)keyboarder2k Wrote: Hi,

the add-on workes well, but now I started using "tvtunes" on the skin "nebula". Everytime a theme starts playing, the artist slideshow notification is shown - even when "None" is selected in the addon settings.

This one I do need to see a debug log. Please make sure to also go into the AS settings and enable debug logging. When you send the log, please note the time around which you saw the behavior.
Just a question from a real Kodi newbie. Yes, I have installed the latest alpha release, and am very happy with it on a Windows 7 HP laptop (for now, will change this into a NUC later.).

One real important thing for me personally was the artist artwork plugin. It is working, but I was wondering if is just on my installation, or it is at this moment common that when switching artist while listening to online radio, first the screen goes to black, and when it had downloaded some artwork, it will start again. I am comparing this against Musicbee. Off-course that is a program designed especially for music. I am just curious. But I love your plugin :-)
(2014-09-01, 21:33)oempaloempa Wrote: One real important thing for me personally was the artist artwork plugin. It is working, but I was wondering if is just on my installation, or it is at this moment common that when switching artist while listening to online radio, first the screen goes to black, and when it had downloaded some artwork, it will start again.

The black screen when downloading the first image for an artist is the default behavior. If an artist already has an image, AS will show that immediately and then check in the background for new images.

There are a couple options you can set to change that behavior.

1- Showing images "behind" Artist Slideshow
In the AS settings under SLIDESHOW there is an option called "Use transparent background when no artist images found." During the initial download (or if no artwork is found), AS will set a transparent background so that anything behind AS will show. For many skins this is an image (or group of images) of the playing artist. How well this works in really dependent on the skin.

2- Showing an image (or group of images) during initial download
In the AS settings under ADVANCED there is an option for "download notification type." If you set that to CUSTOM IMAGES and then specify a folder of images, those images will be shown until the first piece of art for an artist is downloaded.

Hope that helps.
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5