• 7(current)
XBMC on A7 (5s and mini retina) does not use HW acceleration
(2014-05-09, 15:43)Memphiz Wrote: Yes the burdon on battery might exist or not. But the burdon on x86_64 is a PAIN IN THE F**** ASS. We already learned that the hard way on osx 64bit. The support is just doubled because we not only need to poke for debug logs each time but also make the user try the other build aswell and report back (and in this case it is even harder because on a 64bit system the 32bit build won't do hw decode - and the other way around the build will crash or not even start).

As long as there are not more permanent ios devs in our boat (which is just not the case - we only have some short runners which already vanished in the background) it is a really tough decision.

Haha I do agree about the issues that would happen if you released a 64 bit build side by side with 32 bit.

As I said, I'm content with the unofficial 64 bit build from linusyang at the moment.

For now and in the short future I see no reason to introduce an official 64 bit build. The unofficial build hopefully isn't too hard to find for people that want it Smile

I guess in the long term, when 32 bit iDevices aren't purchasable via Apple anymore, then it might be worth changing something, but that's a long way of yet and who knows where XBMC will be then Tongue
hopefully the upcoming apple tv is gonna be jailbroken, and im guessing thats gonna be 64bit =)
(2014-05-11, 18:59)charliebrown Wrote: hopefully the upcoming apple tv is gonna be jailbroken, and im guessing thats gonna be 64bit =)

Wouldn't hold your breath given how well the atv 3 jailbreak has gone Tongue
Not going in to jailbreak here, but the attack area on the upcoming atv is going to be significant bigger, and the chances for a jailbreak is gonna be much greater. The problem with atv3 is the lack of attack points.

Ill bet it will be jail broken within the first 3months =)
Hi linusyang,

Any news on a new version ?
Since 13.1 is final it would be great to have an updated 64bit build :-)

Best regards,

Manuel
(2014-06-08, 00:52)nabelo Wrote: Hi linusyang,

Any news on a new version ?
Since 13.1 is final it would be great to have an updated 64bit build :-)

Best regards,

Manuel

The 13.1 arm 64-bit version is now available at https://github.com/linusyang/xbmc/releases. Hope you'll like it. Smile
Hi linusyang,

Was just wondering if you plan to release an updated version for 13.2, and also if any progress has been made towards fixing the video corruption issues that occur for some videos. Using the software decoding is an acceptable fallback - just wish there was an faster way to toggle this (more likely a skin issue).

Thanks for your great work!
(2014-08-25, 08:02)ilikesushi Wrote: Hi linusyang,

Was just wondering if you plan to release an updated version for 13.2, and also if any progress has been made towards fixing the video corruption issues that occur for some videos. Using the software decoding is an acceptable fallback - just wish there was an faster way to toggle this (more likely a skin issue).

Thanks for your great work!

I second this :-)

A actual XBMC 13.2 64bit build would be awesome!!
Guys,

Sorry for the delay. XBMC 13.2 ARM64 now is at https://github.com/linusyang/xbmc/releases.

This version is more experimental, which is integrated with all latest FFmpeg ARM64 patches and compiled by Xcode 6 (beta 7) and iOS 8 SDK.

And again, H.264 corruption issue might still exist. I'll be appreciated if anyone can look into it.
(2014-09-08, 14:39)linusyang Wrote: Guys,

Sorry for the delay. XBMC 13.2 ARM64 now is at https://github.com/linusyang/xbmc/releases.

This version is more experimental, which is integrated with all latest FFmpeg ARM64 patches and compiled by Xcode 6 (beta 7) and iOS 8 SDK.

And again, H.264 corruption issue might still exist. I'll be appreciated if anyone can look into it.

Thank you, Linusyang.

I just noticed the update in Cydia from your repo and installed Smile.

I can confirm that the h.264 corruption issue still exists, would be great if someone could help you in that area at some point, especially as tomorrow even more 64 bit devices are sure to be announced and will soon be added to the list of devices that don't play nice with the 32 bit build xbmc / kodi Tongue
(2014-09-09, 06:09)Platypus2 Wrote:

Thank you, Linusyang.

I just noticed the update in Cydia from your repo and installed Smile.

I can confirm that the h.264 corruption issue still exists, would be great if someone could help you in that area at some point, especially as tomorrow even more 64 bit devices are sure to be announced and will soon be added to the list of devices that don't play nice with the 32 bit build xbmc / kodi Tongue

I thought I'd found the solution to this issue. According to the limitation of the VideoToolBox hardware decode library, the height and width of the video file should be converted to the power of 2.

But this piece of code to adjust the resolution of the video file was mistakenly commented out by one of my patches. So, every video which height or width is not the power of 2 will fail to be decoded.

I'll release a quick fix soon. Thanks for your patience. Smile

Edit: source code fix is already uploaded to Github: https://github.com/linusyang/xbmc/commits/13.2-arm64.
Now rebuilding the package...

Dear linusyang,

You have absolutely nothing to apologize for. I'm sure that there are many people (including myself) that are very grateful for your efforts! The work you have done is quite unprecedented!

I can also confirm that the video corruption does exist for some movies i have tried. That said, on initial testing this version seems snappier than the previous build you posted (13.1).

Thanks again!
(2014-09-09, 08:11)ilikesushi Wrote:

Dear linusyang,

You have absolutely nothing to apologize for. I'm sure that there are many people (including myself) that are very grateful for your efforts! The work you have done is quite unprecedented!

I can also confirm that the video corruption does exist for some movies i have tried. That said, on initial testing this version seems snappier than the previous build you posted (13.1).

Thanks again,

Lance

Thanks for your understanding. I've resolved the H.264 corruption issue and will release a fix soon. Smile
Buddies,

New 13.2 ARM 64-bit version with the H.264 corruption issue fix has already been uploaded.

Get it now at https://github.com/linusyang/xbmc/releases.

Hope this version will be better. Tongue

Cheers,
Linus
I just installed the latest build and I can't tell you amazing it is to have hardware acceleration back. Is it me or is the 64-bit version just, faster? I know that defies logic but everything from loading a HD file over wireless, to seeking and the interface in general is faster. Perhaps now that the CPU is freed up, it can do more things?
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on A7 (5s and mini retina) does not use HW acceleration2