• 88(current)
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
(2014-07-29, 13:18)sammy66 Wrote: Hello, first of all I want I apologize for my bad English.
I use Google translate to make it as understandable as possible to make.

I tried to flash the box on Linux, but every time I've been waiting the 10 seconds immediately comes the droid and a loading bar.
After this, the box will reboot and stays in a black screen

Does anyone have an idea where the problem may be?

Make an SD card with all these files and see if your box will revert successfully to Android. If it works, you can try again with one of the Linux builds.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jwfnq2vbw8f5f...GCvaApar4a

Hold in reset, insert power, wait 10 seconds, release reset then wait patiently ...

Edit: ignore the readme file, just copy all the files to SD and boot as above
Guys..read this forum before you upgrade..just so you know... There is a reason Geniatech has not released this on to their website...they are afraid of all the bricked box's coming back to them...

http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php...5&start=60

Also a video they have done on upgrading... Mine took up to 1min.45sec to reboot.. So don't stress if you go past their time in the video..mine booted fine

Be warned there is no playstore in the upgrade files posted above...I am looking for a work round on that now..

I am looking at re upgrading using the files from this link..seems to have play store within it..
On the flip side.. The upgrade links above do work and do leave the box with plenty of internal storage..so with that in mind if you wanted a pure Android experience and use some thing like Aptoide as your app getter then it would work...

http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1690
This version has play store and the related files to make it work.
Hi,

I bought a Sumvision branded ATV1200 last week, but try as I might, I cannot get 1080p video to play via XBMC (Gotham 13.1 on the official 4.1 Geniatech FW).

The built-in media player will output 1080p, but won't output DTS via SPDIF.

I have read so many threads that my head is spinning!

Is it possible to have 1080p video with DST over SPDIF with this box? Is my problem related to the fact I have a Sumvision rather than Geniatech or due to a more fundamental issue with the box?

Does the MyGica 4.2 FW allow 1080p with DTS? Or should I just return the box and get something better?
I have upgraded to android 4.2.2 and the update really improves the ATV1200.

What I am wondering is if there is much point updating XBMC from 12.2 to Gotham? To do this I would have to install the XMBC app and install Gotham which I am reluctant to do somewhat in case I loose all my user data/favourites etc.

I have read up on what the Gotham build has over 12.2 but in real terms of mainly just streaming would it make any difference?

Thanks.
Smile 
(2014-08-04, 12:32)Pompey Monkey Wrote: Hi,

I bought a Sumvision branded ATV1200 last week, but try as I might, I cannot get 1080p video to play via XBMC (Gotham 13.1 on the official 4.1 Geniatech FW).

The built-in media player will output 1080p, but won't output DTS via SPDIF.

I have read so many threads that my head is spinning!

Is it possible to have 1080p video with DST over SPDIF with this box? Is my problem related to the fact I have a Sumvision rather than Geniatech or due to a more fundamental issue with the box?

Does the MyGica 4.2 FW allow 1080p with DTS? Or should I just return the box and get something better?

I took the plunge and installed xbmc linux (MX_LINUX_v1.00-G18REF_MX2REF-update.zip) from here: XDA Developers MX Linux

Brilliant! OK, so I don't get all the Android features, but I get a fully hardware accelerated 1080p playback with passthrough audio, and that is what I bought the box to do in the first place.
That'a too much, but everything is fine here,THXSmile
(2014-08-09, 15:59)lpoolck Wrote: I have upgraded to android 4.2.2 and the update really improves the ATV1200.

What I am wondering is if there is much point updating XBMC from 12.2 to Gotham? To do this I would have to install the XMBC app and install Gotham which I am reluctant to do somewhat in case I loose all my user data/favourites etc.

I have read up on what the Gotham build has over 12.2 but in real terms of mainly just streaming would it make any difference?

Thanks.

Lots of benefits to Gotham. Too many to list but off the top of my head, Android apps can be launched from within XBMC. Acestream engine can be automatically opened and closed by p2pstreams. External keyboard function properly, ie. shift and backspace. That's just a few. To migrate over, you can manually backup your addons, addon data, favourites, etc. The database folder can not be used but that shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Good luck
(2014-08-09, 15:59)lpoolck Wrote: I have upgraded to android 4.2.2 and the update really improves the ATV1200.

Thanks.

What a version of ATV1200 you have ? I see 2 versions MX Enjoy TV BOX and Mygica ATV1200 with different boxes
(2014-08-14, 16:21)chaplin.u Wrote:

Thanks.

What a version of ATV1200 you have ? I see 2 versions MX Enjoy TV BOX and Mygica ATV1200 with different boxes

I have the mygica version.

(2014-08-13, 20:26)htpcforall Wrote:

Thanks.

Lots of benefits to Gotham. Too many to list but off the top of my head, Android apps can be launched from within XBMC. Acestream engine can be automatically opened and closed by p2pstreams. External keyboard function properly, ie. shift and backspace. That's just a few. To migrate over, you can manually backup your addons, addon data, favourites, etc. The database folder can not be used but that shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Good luck

Thanks I will look into how you back up all this data before making the switch to Gotham.
On my board I see RMX0104 Ver 1.5 2013/10/10 . What ROM can I flash ?
(2014-08-12, 11:16)Pompey Monkey Wrote: I took the plunge and installed xbmc linux (MX_LINUX_v1.00-G18REF_MX2REF-update.zip) from here: XDA Developers MX Linux

Brilliant! OK, so I don't get all the Android features, but I get a fully hardware accelerated 1080p playback with passthrough audio, and that is what I bought the box to do in the first place.

Does this Linux support CVBS?
Does XBMC fro that ROM include PVR IPTVSimple addon?
Linux xbmc v2
http://www.mygica.es/downloads/Linux_XBM...Manual.rar
Someone might want to try this as its working well for me on the nexus Tablet.. Will try to kick it along over the weekend..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201783
New beta 1080p kernel...
http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1762
Wow!!!!
Thanks to Croniccorey!!!
True 1920/1080 on mx boards!!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2418029
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17