• 380(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-08-27, 00:33)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-08-27, 00:29)LakersFan Wrote:
(2014-08-26, 19:47)Lunatixz Wrote: Is the community network dead? I don't see any new contributions... if this continues the list will be closed to contributors only!

Current contributors are exempt from any future lock outs:
  • scilzmca
    parraBR
    johnnyparanoia
    PTVLRedkiller
    ryanmichaelmcclure
    Peppy6582
If you contributed and are not on the above list, PM me please... The rest will be removed, and won't have access to the community list autotuning.

This feature was requested, and is used by many... but it's off the back of others, which wasn't the point of the community. Its not hard to share Smile

I'm probably going to get chastised for this, so I apologize in advance. But what is "community network" and "community list"? Different streams that are shared?

Sorry I've only been playing with PTVL for a short while now... Confused

I added this feature months ago at the reqeust of some users that wanted:
A). a sharable list of sources (aka Plugin, Internet, Youtube, RSS).
B). Pluto.TV type youtube channels

So I created the community list... if you ever Autotuned anything under the "Community List" heading... you are drawing from the user lists...

For more information click on the link in post 1, when the community list is locked to contributors only, non contributors won't beable to autotune from those lists anymore.

Got it. Never used it, though. There's a ton of features included within PTVL that it's easy to overlook some of them by us newbs. Hopefully you'll get some more contributors. Sounds pretty cool.
Has anyone tried to create a music video channel with VEVO branded videos that you have downloaded from Youtube? I can not make a channel with any videos that were VEVO that are downloaded onto my NAS... they play just fine in the videos tab but PTV will not create a channel... either by directory or by me making a playlist...
(2014-08-27, 00:48)bry- Wrote:
(2014-08-26, 23:14)scilz Wrote:
(2014-08-26, 19:47)Lunatixz Wrote: Is the community network dead? I don't see any new contributions... if this continues the list will be closed to contributors only!

• parraBR
    johnnyparanoia
    PTVLRedkiller
    ryanmichaelmcclure
    Peppy6582
If you contributed and are not on the above list, PM me please... The rest will be removed, and won't have access to the community list autotuning.

This feature was requested, and is used by many... but it's off the back of others, which wasn't the point of the community. Its not hard to share Smile

I added a lot of stuff and plan to add more in the future I just have not been messing with xbmc the last few months I will get back to it soon kids are in school again now so I got quiet time again lol. 6 kids between 7 and 15 makes it hard to do anything at my house.

birth control, man. did you figure out where babies come from yet?
Since I am not really sure if you are trying to be funny or insulting I will refrain from lashing out at the moment.

• scilzmca
    parraBR
    johnnyparanoia
    PTVLRedkiller
    ryanmichaelmcclure
    Peppy6582

With due respect I hope you reconsider and show just a little more patience. I believe personally that in thellong run most members of the community will end up contributing but with all the changes going on with PSTVL sometimes you end up spending a lot of time fixing issues due to new features. Right now I can't add channels from within PSTVL nor from the Windows channel configuration tool donor features won't activate PSTVL configuration won't open so instead of always asking for help right away you to see if you can fix the problems and sometimes that can be time consuming but all in all what ever you decide I support you 100% keep up the excellent job
(2014-08-27, 04:19)Justin9 Wrote: Has anyone tried to create a music video channel with VEVO branded videos that you have downloaded from Youtube? I can not make a channel with any videos that were VEVO that are downloaded onto my NAS... they play just fine in the videos tab but PTV will not create a channel... either by directory or by me making a playlist...

I believe you have to make a directory channel pointing to the directory the videos are in.
Hey Luna:

So here is the log that is giving me the script error on start up.

https://pastee.org/ukkpp
(2014-08-27, 05:42)bigsteel99 Wrote:

• scilzmca
    parraBR
    johnnyparanoia
    PTVLRedkiller
    ryanmichaelmcclure
    Peppy6582

With due respect I hope you reconsider and show just a little more patience. I believe personally that in thellong run most members of the community will end up contributing but with all the changes going on with PSTVL sometimes you end up spending a lot of time fixing issues due to new features. Right now I can't add channels from within PSTVL nor from the Windows channel configuration tool donor features won't activate PSTVL configuration won't open so instead of always asking for help right away you to see if you can fix the problems and sometimes that can be time consuming but all in all what ever you decide I support you 100% keep up the excellent job

I'm sure you're right, but there is no harm in closing the doors...
You can't call it a community when less than 17% of the contributors actually contribute...

I'm not trying to be impatient, I want to spark some use of the feature. When that autotune list becomes unavailable to non-contributors , users will invest more time to reading what the community feature is all about, and i'm sure motivated to contribute.
The change won't happen overnight (if at all), I'm weighing my choices on how to proceed... I'm just openly discussing so you guys know what's going on...

It also shouldn't be viewed as a negative decision, I'm basically saying, this feature has failed... Let me move on to another feature. I won't punish the users that have contributed by removing the feature, so i'll lock it for use by those users only.
That way I don't have to support it anymore.

As for the problems you mentioned are you running the development branch? can you send logs? If you don't speak up about your problems they will go unfixed Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-08-27, 06:24)druiz Wrote: Hey Luna:

So here is the log that is giving me the script error on start up.

https://pastee.org/ukkpp

This issue was fixed in the development branch, and has not yet been pushed to stable. It will be included in v.0.4.8; available soon
Hi,
first post so be gentle. I am having problems with the superfavorites side of things. My configuration will no longer build channels based on superfavorites. I am on the latest dev release ( 0.47e as of this morning). Here is the relevent log excerpt....

( I should add that this was working previously )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8e5ho0jo0spxku/xbmc.log?dl=0

and the config entry...

<setting id="Channel_20_type" value="15" />
<setting id="Channel_20_time" value="888" />
<setting id="Channel_20_1" value="plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/BlazeTamer" />
<setting id="Channel_20_2" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_20_3" value="Create New Super Folder,Explore XBMC favourites,iSearch,Search,LiveStreams,Movies,Episodes,PseudoTV_Live,PseudoTV_More,PseudoTV_Music,PseudoTV_Sport,TVPlayer" />
<setting id="Channel_20_4" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_20_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_20_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_20_rule_1_opt_1" value="BlazeTamer" />
<setting id="Channel_20_changed" value="True" />

Thanks for any assistance....

P.S are channels 4,5,6,7 and 9 good community candidates ?
@bigpanda please edit your above post, remove snippet of log and replace with a link to your full log.
Thank you
(2014-08-27, 04:51)scilz Wrote:
(2014-08-27, 00:48)bry- Wrote:
(2014-08-26, 23:14)scilz Wrote: I added a lot of stuff and plan to add more in the future I just have not been messing with xbmc the last few months I will get back to it soon kids are in school again now so I got quiet time again lol. 6 kids between 7 and 15 makes it hard to do anything at my house.

birth control, man. did you figure out where babies come from yet?
Since I am not really sure if you are trying to be funny or insulting I will refrain from lashing out at the moment.
funny. apologies if offended you.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I'm planning on adding Playon Autotuning... I would like to hear suggestions on content and options you would want...

Thanks

Planned so far:

Hulu:
Your subscriptions
Recently added feature films

Netflix:
My List
Top Picks for...
Done ......
"Play Shows In Order" seems to be working on some of my channels (or for certain shows, perhaps) but not on others. All of my channels are TV Network channels that were automatically created. I verified that the rule is present on every channel, and I triggered a reset. On some channels, a series will correctly go "S01E01, S01E02", etc, but on others, it skips around. I also verified that XBMC has all of the 'skipped' episodes scanned in correctly. Anyone else run into something like this?
(2014-08-27, 16:46)ShayneOSU Wrote: "Play Shows In Order" seems to be working on some of my channels (or for certain shows, perhaps) but not on others. All of my channels are TV Network channels that were automatically created. I verified that the rule is present on every channel, and I triggered a reset. On some channels, a series will correctly go "S01E01, S01E02", etc, but on others, it skips around. I also verified that XBMC has all of the 'skipped' episodes scanned in correctly. Anyone else run into something like this?

This has been mentioned a number of times, and is a staple question in post 3's faq. Please take the time to read the first three posts before posting a question... thats all I ask Smile enjoy...

(2014-08-27, 16:44)bigpanda Wrote: Done ......

I need more information channel 15 example does not add up with your log...

Please let me know exact channel number, make sure you run forcechannelrest and send that log...

Also please detail what the problem is. Since the log doesn't show anything wrong...

Thanks
  • 380(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45