• 381(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-08-27, 16:03)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm planning on adding Playon Autotuning... I would like to hear suggestions on content and options you would want...

Thanks

Planned so far:

Hulu:
Your subscriptions
Recently added feature films

Netflix:
My List
Top Picks for...

Please include amazon instant video as well. Happy playon.tv user here. Highly recommend it to others well worth the $60.

Amazon Instant Video
---Prime Watch Liste
-------Movies
-------TV
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-08-27, 17:05)bry- Wrote:
(2014-08-27, 16:03)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm planning on adding Playon Autotuning... I would like to hear suggestions on content and options you would want...

Thanks

Planned so far:

Hulu:
Your subscriptions

Netflix:
My List
Top Picks for...

Please include amazon instant video as well. Happy playon.tv user here. Highly recommend it to others well worth the $60.

I can't get amazon working... anything special i'm missing?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
on a side note - @Lunatixz - I remember you mentioned your mc2xml config. I've been messing with the batch file to really narrow down loading times this past weekend. Was wondering what your config is. I will try to write up a detailed post for you to link like the hdhr live tv one.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Amazon and crackle on playon would be great
(2014-08-27, 17:07)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-08-27, 17:05)bry- Wrote:

Thanks

Planned so far:

Hulu:
Your subscriptions

Netflix:
My List
Top Picks for...

I can't get amazon working... anything special i'm missing?

Make sure you update to the latest build of playon. I think its from august 18th. Amazon was not working for me until I updated.

IMPORTANT:
A few questions, mostly towards hdhomerun users:

- Does this pick the tuner automatically? and do you add it to your xx_8_2 value the same way ( I tried and it didn't work, perhaps I need to update my hdhomerun)?
http://IP.ADDRESS.OF.HDHOMERUN:5004/auto/vChannel#

- What is the preferred method for using nextpvr -> pvr://xxxxx (I don't know what would go there), or http://IP.ADDRESS.OF.NEXTPVR.SERVER:8866/live?channel=### ?

- I validate an strm is going to correct tuner by mounting the output directory of HDHomerun Stream Builder, and checking that there, however when I use the same strm's in settings2.xml it doesn't choose the same tuner. The only hint I have is that this tuner does not show up when I go to mount a new file, I browse hdrhomerun and it only shows 2 tuners, not the 3rd. (I can grab logs, once Simpsons marathon is over, if this might be a bug)

- I think I understand the server side of video sharing, (just configure the IP and port of the client) but how am I configuring or what do I use on the client side to receive that stream the server created? (Sorry if this is obvious, but I didn't get it it from post 2 or 5039)
(2014-08-27, 17:45)darkdantae Wrote: A few questions, mostly towards hdhomerun users:

- Does this pick the tuner automatically? and do you add it to your xx_8_2 value the same way ( I tried and it didn't work, perhaps I need to update my hdhomerun)?

- What is the preferred method for using nextpvr -> pvr://xxxxx (I don't know what would go there), or http://IP.ADDRESS.OF.NEXTPVR.SERVER:8866/live?channel=### ?

- I validate an strm is going to correct tuner by mounting the output directory of HDHomerun Stream Builder, and checking that there, however when I use the same strm's in settings2.xml it doesn't choose the same tuner. The only hint I have is that this tuner does not show up when I go to mount a new file, I browse hdrhomerun and it only shows 2 tuners, not the 3rd. (I can grab logs, once Simpsons marathon is over, if this might be a bug)

- I think I understand the server side of video sharing, (just configure the IP and port of the client) but how am I configuring or what do I use on the client side to receive that stream the server created? (Sorry if this is obvious, but I didn't get it it from post 2 or 5039)

Few questions you want to ask yourself. Do you want to strictly view livetv or record? Which HD Homerun are you using? Are you on the latest firmware? How many devices will be accessing the hdhomerun? Report back and I can help

IMPORTANT:
1. Both Smile
2. HDHomerunPrime
3. I don't think so, (will probably upgrade once simpsons marathon is over)
4. More devices then I have tuners Smile I am going to probably add another hdhomerunprime to accommodate, but want to get everything working correctly before I spent more money.
Hi,
channels 20,21,22,23,24,25,26 , which areall superfavorites channels create empty m3u8 files. The log was run with force channel reset. I believe the errors relate to lineslike this one in the log ...

15:17:02 T:5344 DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: buildFileList, failed...'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
(2014-08-27, 18:23)bigpanda Wrote: Hi,
channels 20,21,22,23,24,25,26 , which areall superfavorites channels create empty m3u8 files. The log was run with force channel reset. I believe the errors relate to lineslike this one in the log ...

15:17:02 T:5344 DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: buildFileList, failed...'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

nope that line means nothing... your log shows no problems other then channel wasn't created which could be a million reasons... why not give me details like I asked...
pm me with the favourites.xml that is causing problems (found in userdata/addon_data/script.super.favorites/channel)

btw I just noticed spoyser changed his code for super favs he renamed xbmc to kodi (yuck)

so change
Code:
<setting id="Channel_20_3" value="Create New Super Folder,Explore XBMC favourites,iSearch" />

to
Code:
<setting id="Channel_20_3" value="Create New Super Folder,Explore Kodi favourites,iSearch" />

let me know if that works
(2014-08-27, 18:13)darkdantae Wrote: 1. Both Smile
2. HDHomerunPrime
3. I don't think so, (will probably upgrade once simpsons marathon is over)
4. More devices then I have tuners Smile I am going to probably add another hdhomerunprime to accommodate, but want to get everything working correctly before I spent more money.

I don't record, only view the dlna stream via upnp which is what your initial post wanted to do. You will not be able to do that unless you are on a current fw that has the DLNA support.I don't use nextpvr so cannot help you with that part. You can read here for generating strm files for the nextpvr backend. Here is info for nextpvr xmltv guide metadata.

IMPORTANT:
Hi,
re-run with force channel reset...

xbmc log... https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8e5ho0jo0spxku/xbmc.log?dl=0
favorites.xml ... https://www.dropbox.com/s/tdjqzmierb84rw...s.xml?dl=0
(2014-08-27, 19:17)bigpanda Wrote: Hi,

@bigpanda - rename your xbmc user data (wiki) folder and re load xbmc. this will be like a fresh install.

once thats done install latest PTVL and see if you have any issues. that will help determine if its a ptvl issue or an issue with all the other stuff you have installed. if it still does not work close xbmc and delete the user data folder, rename the old one and you will be back to where you started.

IMPORTANT:
(2014-08-27, 19:31)bry- Wrote:
(2014-08-27, 19:17)bigpanda Wrote: Hi,

@bigpanda - rename your xbmc user data (wiki) folder and re load xbmc. this will be like a fresh install.

once thats done install latest PTVL and see if you have any issues. that will help determine if its a ptvl issue or an issue with all the other stuff you have installed. if it still does not work close xbmc and delete the user data folder, rename the old one and you will be back to where you started.

Not really sure that is necessary, if he follows my post he should be fine.
(2014-08-27, 18:00)bry- Wrote:
(2014-08-27, 17:45)darkdantae Wrote: A few questions, mostly towards hdhomerun users:

Few questions you want to ask yourself. Do you want to strictly view livetv or record? Which HD Homerun are you using? Are you on the latest firmware? How many devices will be accessing the hdhomerun? Report back and I can help

Bry- makes sense on the nextpvr part, but can you confirm for me on the http://IP.ADDRESS.OF.HDHOMERUN:5004/auto/vChannel# part? Do you just that in your settings2.xml under the ***_8_2 part? and does it auto give you the next available tuner?

Can anyone else confirm how to setup Video sharing on the client side? Same for NextPVR users, is the proper use to put in http://IP.ADDRESS.OF.NEXTPVR.SERVER:8866/live?channel=### ?

This is pretty awesome add-on, and I have everything working except over-running my tuner's and the video sharing.
  • 381(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45