• 14(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
Hi Spoyser,

I know it wouldnt be able to write to that location, because of ftp etc, I would manually update the superfavorites folder from my home and upload it to my domain I have my parents in england and I would like their superfavorites to read from my domain, so It "automatically" updates the superfavorites when I upload a new superfavorites folder.
any chance of that spoyser?? cheers
(2014-08-29, 23:00)myfototv Wrote: any chance of that spoyser?? cheers

I'll have to think about how it could work.

Leave it with me.
good man, thanks a million!!!
(2014-08-28, 10:56)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-08-27, 02:33)wpbpete Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 10:28)spoyser Wrote: Well spotted and thanks for letting me know about it.

I have sorted out a fix for it but since it isn't a show stopper I will wait to put it out in the next release.

Why would anyone want to disable Super Favourites anyway LOL
Has this been fixed yet?

Was fixed months ago Smile
Thanks, it's fine when disabled but when I uninstall Super Fav' I completely lose the context menu... using Win7 kodi 14
(2014-08-30, 15:31)wpbpete Wrote:
(2014-08-28, 10:56)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-08-27, 02:33)wpbpete Wrote: Has this been fixed yet?

Was fixed months ago Smile
Thanks, it's fine when disabled but when I uninstall Super Fav' I completely lose the context menu... using Win7 kodi 14

Go to this folder:

XBMC\userdata\keymaps

and delete these files (if there)

super_favourites_menu.xml
super_favourites_hot.xml

Alternatively install the addon, switch off the override, uninstall the addon.

Although why would anyone want to uninstall Super Favourites? Smile

(I will look into how to do this automatically)
(2014-08-30, 16:51)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-08-30, 15:31)wpbpete Wrote:
(2014-08-28, 10:56)spoyser Wrote: Was fixed months ago Smile

Go to this folder:

XBMC\userdata\keymaps

super_favourites_hot.xml

Thanks, that worked.

FYI I only had the menu.xml file in there and I had already tried the alternative method.

I like to test addons before installing them in my main system, some uninstalls leave all sorts of crap in the system, so I always test for it.

Now that this is sorted, it looks good to me. Thanks for the great addon Smile
(2014-08-30, 18:14)wpbpete Wrote:
(2014-08-30, 16:51)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-08-30, 15:31)wpbpete Wrote: Thanks, it's fine when disabled but when I uninstall Super Fav' I completely lose the context menu... using Win7 kodi 14

Go to this folder:

XBMC\userdata\keymaps

super_favourites_hot.xml

Thanks, that worked.

FYI I only had the menu.xml file in there and I had already tried the alternative method.

I like to test addons before installing them in my main system, some uninstalls leave all sorts of crap in the system, so I always test for it.

Now that this is sorted, it looks good to me. Thanks for the great addon Smile

Good to hear it worked, and tbh honest I'm the same with addons.

I will look into deleting the files automatically, as it really isn't sensible to leave those files behind (the other file I mentioned is for the hotkey functionality which I guess you didn't enable)

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, and hope you enjoy the addon, if you have any more issues or feature requests please don't hesitate to post.
(2014-08-29, 16:11)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-08-29, 15:53)myfototv Wrote: Could You please add a feature to have the Location For Super favourites Folder On a remote location.
Have you looked in the settings, there is a Location of Super Favourites folder

Can you try that and see if that works for you?
(2014-08-29, 16:39)spoyser Wrote: How would it write to that location?

It has to be a folder on your network.

I was able to browse to and set an SMB folder on my network (the same SMB folder I use for some other addons), however SuperFavourites seems unable to write to that location and throws a script error.

Does SuperFavourites not support SMB? Can you add support please? Im running multiple devices and My SQL so it would be very good if there can be one shared SuperFavourites folder for all devices.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Is it possible to add a feature in Super Fav's to be able to export fav's for different xbmc platforms? For instance, I want to export my Raspberry PI (xbian) Super Fav's to be able to import onto XBMC Super Fav's on my Android device.
(2014-09-01, 19:24)kgoerbig Wrote: Is it possible to add a feature in Super Fav's to be able to export fav's for different xbmc platforms? For instance, I want to export my Raspberry PI (xbian) Super Fav's to be able to import onto XBMC Super Fav's on my Android device.

Sounds like quite a good idea, in the meantime if you look in the userdata/addon_data /program.super.favourites folder you will see the files/folders you need to copy across
I tried copying over the files over from my PI to my android phone. The XBMC install on my phone didn't recognize the super favs I created on the PI. My guess is because of the path differences.
(2014-09-02, 02:44)kgoerbig Wrote: I tried copying over the files over from my PI to my android phone. The XBMC install on my phone didn't recognize the super favs I created on the PI. My guess is because of the path differences.

All the paths are relative, so that won't matter.

Try just with the favourites.xml file in the Super Favourites folder to start with, obviously it needs to be in a folder called Super Favourites on your phone too.
This addon looks great, thanks for creating and sharing it.

Can I use the isearch facility from the xbmc favourites (and therefore my home menu)? i tried it and the search box opens up fine, but after i type a word into the search box it doesnt search it just returns me to the firts video library page ie

movies
tv shows
in progress
recently added
recently addes
files playlists
video addons

you know the page i mean. what im trying to do is find a way to have the isearch button/facility available inside a few different super favourite folders. any thoughts?

also, what is the irecommend feature designed for, and how does it work?
I'll look into the iSearch functionality.

As for iRecomend, it uses IMDB to recommend films based on the current keyword, once you have triggered iRecommend you can also view trailers and info about the recommendations via the context menu.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6