• 142(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
Hi

I've created a smart playlist that picks up the Top 250 IMDB movies in my collection. In list view, I have sorted by 'rating' so that they are in order from #1 down. However, where movies have the same rating (out of 10) it sorts by rating and then reverse alphabetical order. For example:

LOTR Return of the King is 8.9 (and #9 of 250)

and

12 Angry Men is 8.9 (and #8 of 250).

Is there anyway to change the sort method or add a sort method on the Top 250 rating either for List view or all views?

Thanks

David
@BigNoid. Back on 2/3/14 Bolter Wrote: "Is there a way to make the movie stats line only show that of my playlist not everything?"

You replied "Not yet. I hope to add that, but atm i dont have a solution."

Mikebzh44 was kind enough to point me to here which talks about plugins, but when reading through this I was a little lost (Python code not my strongest).

Anyway, wondering if you found a solution as yet..
(2014-09-01, 10:24)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-08-31, 16:32)mxlance Wrote: new to code/skinning

trying to add a new view type as a learning exercise.
based it on: View_57_Shift.xml

changed to: View_499_ShiftandFanArt.xml
changed in the file- <include name="ShiftandFanArt">

includes.xml
added <include file="View_499_ShiftandFanArt.xml" />

in MyVideoNav.xml
added <include>ShiftandFanArt</include>
<!-- view id = 499 -->
and
added <views>50,51,52,53,55,56,57,58,59,499,500,501,502</views>

refreshed and it does not show up.

what am i missing?

thanks for the help.
will keep searching.

I know this is a lazy answer to your question, but I posted some instructions on how to add a custom view to this skin in this thread (at the end of the first post). Browse the instructions.zip file for your answer: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=198042.

fantastic!
i just downloaded and will start reading right away.

is there a way to have this as a sticky?
i searched for 4+ hours on the weekend with no luck.
i am sure i am not the first or the last.

thank you again Warner306 and all, what a great community.
Just a quick question.

I wanted to update the skin with the latest version from github, so I downloaded the ZIP and overwrote all the files in the skin.aeon.nox.5 folder.
Now I see no text anywhere in the skin...
Luckily I made a backup, but did I do this the wrong way?
(2014-09-01, 16:21)mklcf Wrote: Just a quick question.

I wanted to update the skin with the latest version from github, so I downloaded the ZIP and overwrote all the files in the skin.aeon.nox.5 folder.

I would have done "Install from zip".
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-09-01, 16:31)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-09-01, 16:21)mklcf Wrote: Just a quick question.

I would have done "Install from zip".

Tried that, I get: dependencies not met
Are you sure you're installing the correct version for whatever version of Kodi you are running? I believe there is one for Gotham and also one for Helix.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
doing better but still having issues.

duplicated View_57_Shift.xml

changed to: View_498_ShiftandFanArt.xml

followed steps from Warner306 as best i can

a new Shift view shows up in the list but is not named ShiftandFanArt

also the new view works but is missing the movie name and info.

do you need more info to help?

man does my brain hurt.

thanks for any help

going to start from the beginning and see if i can find the problem that way

EDIT: retracing my steps has worked. the only problem now is the view name is still Shift not ShiftAndFanArt.
(2014-09-01, 17:35)mxlance Wrote: doing better but still having issues.

duplicated View_57_Shift.xml

changed to: View_498_ShiftandFanArt.xml

followed steps from Warner306 as best i can

a new Shift view shows up in the list but is not named ShiftandFanArt

also the new view works but is missing the movie name and info.

do you need more info to help?

man does my brain hurt.

thanks for any help

going to start from the beginning and see if i can find the problem that way

EDIT: retracing my steps has worked. the only problem now is the view name is still Shift not ShiftAndFanArt.

In the viewtype file, View_498_ShiftandFanArt.xml, you need to search for "viewtype label" and change the label name from "Shift" to "ShiftAndFanArt". The code should look something like this:

<viewtype label="ShiftAndFanart"></viewtype>

That is a tricky one and easy to miss. I don't know why xml coding is not more user-friendly. This label should be at the top of the document.

If you think others would benefit from this view, you should consider sharing when finished.

(2014-09-01, 12:18)Rubicon99 Wrote: Hi

I've created a smart playlist that picks up the Top 250 IMDB movies in my collection. In list view, I have sorted by 'rating' so that they are in order from #1 down. However, where movies have the same rating (out of 10) it sorts by rating and then reverse alphabetical order. For example:

and

Is there anyway to change the sort method or add a sort method on the Top 250 rating either for List view or all views?

Thanks

David

I believe you can sort by "Top 250" to solve this problem. This likely has to be done at the playlist level. My Top 250 playlist does not suffer from this problem provided you scraped your movies with the "Universal Movie Scraper."
thanks Warner306.

this is what i found in : View_498_ShiftAndFanArt.xml
<viewtype label="31079">BigWrap</viewtype>

changed it to: <viewtype label="31079">ShiftAndFanArt</viewtype>
no effect

changed it to: <viewtype label=ShiftAndFanArt</viewtype>
disappeared from list

any ideas?

thank you
Try..

<viewtype label="ShiftAndFanArt">BigWrap</viewtype>

BigWrap is the name of the container and is needed for the view to function, the label="31079" is the list name, just localized to the strings.xml/strings.po.
Steveb
that worked
thank you
although you lost me as to the reason why it works.

" the label="31079" is the list name, just localized to the strings.xml/strings.po." Huh?
i see this has something to do with languages but that is as far as i got.
my brain really hurts now.

thanks for all the help.
(2014-09-01, 17:34)wgstarks Wrote: Are you sure you're installing the correct version for whatever version of Kodi you are running? I believe there is one for Gotham and also one for Helix.

Ahh yes! thanks!
(2014-09-01, 23:14)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-09-01, 12:18)Rubicon99 Wrote: Hi

and

Thanks

David

I believe you can sort by "Top 250" to solve this problem. This likely has to be done at the playlist level. My Top 250 playlist does not suffer from this problem provided you scraped your movies with the "Universal Movie Scraper."

That worked perfectly. Many thanks.
hi

just installed this skin just trying to get on feature working in the first post and the 4th pic along where the disc pops out of the top of the dvd how do i get that feature please?
  • 142(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537