• 21(current)
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon
Is it possible to "throw" an rdio song, using "Play using" and selecting another XBMC instance in my network? The integration with the plugin is just a stream, right? I mean, if there was an open port, couldn't the other comuter play it back?

I am looking for the multi room experience with streaming music....
Hi all, I'm looking into various problems with this addon, will post here when I have some news.
"HTTP" playback mode is currently broken. I'll try to look into it but in the meantime RTMP and RTMP/WEB should work.

I was getting errors and only 30 second playback myself for a while, but it fixed itself. It seems to have been caused by issues with the Rdio API, so if you're seeing the same thing, just try again in a while.

I'll have a look into Gotham support as well.
Hi all, I've released version 1.11.0 which makes this plugin compatible with Gotham - would appreciate feedback on whether it works for people.
thank you ampedandwired! I've been using this plugin for a year now and it's been a surprisingly smooth experience! I've been a little weary to update this plugin even once in that time because of the numerous security protocols of the api key, passcodes, etc. I made the transition to beta 1, 2 and 3 of Gotham without any real issue regarding your plug-in's use but I will update soon and let you know if I run into any snags! Thanks again. :]
BTW I just noticed today that the plugin stopped working and I'm on 1.10 but searching repository shows no "1.11.0" and just "1.10" and says that it is incompatible. I am running Gotham beta 3. Please lmk if you need logs but everything was fine last night and now, even though I can use the plugin to search my collection and playlists without error, attempts to playback always return such behavior. :[
Hi Vizzy, yes a debug log would help me diagnose the problem further.
First of all, thank you for the fast reply, fortunately I got it working again!I've always had it set to RTMP/AMF without issue for months but now it only works on RTMP/WEB as I first switched to HTTP which made no difference, was still able to browse my collection but playback resulted in instant error, much faster than any errors I've had in the past due to network issues. Now all seems to be working again, I even made sure to play a few songs in entirety then switch it back to RTMP/AMF and HTTP and neither work still but RTMP/WEB does. Weird. Thanks again. Hoping I can find the update soon on the repository. :]
I had to reinstall my system today and went thru the installation of the repository, but when I try to find the addon to install from the XBMC interface, the repository lists nothing... Is it temporary or things are changing for the XBMC 13 new addon system and we won't get the ampedwire installation back?

Thanks.
Im still getting the 30sec sample from songs?
Is this statement in the wiki still correct? https://github.com/ampedandwired/rdio-xbmc/wiki

"Note: The plugin is currently broken for new users due to changes in the rdio website. Existing users who have already authenticated can continue to use the plugin. New users, or anyone using the re-authenticate option will not be able to log in."
Does this plug-in still work?

I'm unable to install plugin.program.repo.installer-1.0.5.zip on XBMC 13.2 (Win7).
Works great for me but when I try to queue an album when playing something else the process wheel in the bottom right of the screen does some funny skipping and then XBMC crashes and restarts. I'll try to get a log posted on this but something you might want to try yourself.
(2014-09-07, 13:23)vijayk416 Wrote: Works great for me but when I try to queue an album when playing something else the process wheel in the bottom right of the screen does some funny skipping and then XBMC crashes and restarts. I'll try to get a log posted on this but something you might want to try yourself.

Thanks for the bug report. I've been able to replicate this myself. I've opened a bug to track the issue: https://github.com/ampedandwired/rdio-xbmc/issues/12

(2014-09-05, 16:13)AussieFries Wrote: Does this plug-in still work?

I'm unable to install plugin.program.repo.installer-1.0.5.zip on XBMC 13.2 (Win7).

The plugin still works as far as I know. Are you having trouble installing the repo installer plugin itself? Or the rdio plugin? If you can provide more details I'll try to help you.

(2014-08-16, 04:35)jon12345 Wrote: Is this statement in the wiki still correct? https://github.com/ampedandwired/rdio-xbmc/wiki

"Note: The plugin is currently broken for new users due to changes in the rdio website. Existing users who have already authenticated can continue to use the plugin. New users, or anyone using the re-authenticate option will not be able to log in."

Actually I think that's out of date. Reauthenticate should work now. I'll update the wiki.
(2014-09-05, 16:13)AussieFries Wrote: Does this plug-in still work?

Yeah, looks like the repo-installer no longer works. I'm looking into installation issues with the latest version of XBMC. In the meantime you should be able to install the plugin from the zip file directly: https://github.com/ampedandwired/ampedan...1.11.0.zip

(edit: fix URL)
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon2