• 214(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
Are you sure you are running trusty? With consolekit installed the howto should work.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-16, 08:09)fritsch Wrote: Are you sure you are running trusty? With consolekit installed the howto should work.

Yeah, started with Ubuntu 14.04 minimal. I'm using my own username and booting openbox-session if that makes any difference?
I added xbmc to openbox startup file and it's pretty instant.

Working a treat now I must say.
Boot takes 32 seconds from button press to xbmc, plenty fast enough on a machine that's over ten years old.

Just checked and definitely have consolekit installed.
The mechanism openbox uses might differ from the one the howto is telling you to use.

As shutdown is working fine on all systems I use with just that upstart script and the relevant consolekit permissions ...

I have to look into that anyways when 14.10 gets final with the integrated systemd.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-16, 10:33)fritsch Wrote: The mechanism openbox uses might differ from the one the howto is telling you to use.

As shutdown is working fine on all systems I use with just that upstart script and the relevant consolekit permissions ...

I have to look into that anyways when 14.10 gets final with the integrated systemd.

I can't rule out something I've done leading to me needing to do this, had a few fun and games with slim, nodm and nvidia prior to trying to use your script again.

I'm probably going to setup a similar machine with similar stuff for bedroom so will see if that works as expected.
I don't provide a script - do I?
(2014-09-16, 11:41)fritsch Wrote: I don't provide a script - do I?

Sorry, that's me being daft.
(2013-10-03, 10:52)fritsch Wrote: Here we need to workaround a segfault bug, when stopping videos (this will hopefully be fixed with final trusty released):

I believe it is no longer necessary. Am I wrong?
Orange Pi PC Plus [OpenELEC 7.0]
Was fixed in trusty, yes - but new installers need to upgrade the system (apt-get update && apt-get upgrade)
?uestion,

wondering that with the upcoming release of code name "Kodi"
will this get an update?
Fancy Splash?
Code:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install plymouth-label v86d
wget http://excyle.nl/plymouth-theme-xbmc-logo.deb
sudo dpkg -i plymouth-theme-xbmc-logo.deb
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
No - as I don't care at all :-)

If someone wants to do that - welcome - I will link the deb here.
(2014-09-18, 16:21)fritsch Wrote: Was fixed in trusty, yes - but new installers need to upgrade the system (apt-get update && apt-get upgrade)
I just recently installed my system with this how to and enabled this fix. I am on the latest kernel 3.16.2

Do I need to remove the fix? If yes, how.
No - you don't as the original packages ubuntu provides have a higher version. All fine.
(2014-09-18, 19:45)locomot1f Wrote: ?uestion,

wondering that with the upcoming release of code name "Kodi"
will this get an update?
Fancy Splash?
Code:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install plymouth-label v86d
wget http://excyle.nl/plymouth-theme-xbmc-logo.deb
sudo dpkg -i plymouth-theme-xbmc-logo.deb

we'll likely update the splash for xbmcbuntu, so you can at least easily build it yourself from our sources.
With kernel 3.16.1-031601-generic
im running in lots of
Code:
alloc_contig_range test_pages_isolated(23b112, 23b114) failed
lines in kernel log.
Also xbmc takes long on switching series on confluence.

I found this on the mailinglist:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dr...65842.html

Is this knownfor xbmc?
My hardware is an e350 amd board.
Thx in advance
  • 214(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26