• 95(current)
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod
It works great. The only thing i do not like is livetv view because of two things. First it does not highlight the channel you are on (it just zoom it). And the other thing is that the zoom effect should be made selectable.
(2014-09-20, 01:17)washere Wrote: I wanted a second set of big 7 (can be up to 10) addon buttons so I remmed out lines 373 & 374 to:

Code:
<?    </include>  ?>
<?    <include name="HomeAddonSetFour"> ?>

Working great, thanks Angelinas.

If interested, I recently figured out an easy way to make this skin a 7-icon one. The part of this thread I posted is here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1786787
(2014-09-20, 05:31)illiac4 Wrote: It works great. The only thing i do not like is livetv view because of two things. First it does not highlight the channel you are on (it just zoom it). And the other thing is that the zoom effect should be made selectable.
I was change this version for XBMC frodo RasPi on Lg 42",there I have zoom in main window for PVR (I watchTV With Zoom-in this version I have buton for disable zoom), this is alpha version,I will fiksit later for helix.
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2014-09-20, 09:36)xbmcwayist Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 01:17)washere Wrote: I wanted a second set of big 7 (can be up to 10) addon buttons so I remmed out lines 373 & 374 to:

Code:
<?    </include>  ?>

If interested, I recently figured out an easy way to make this skin a 7-icon one. The part of this thread I posted is here:

Thanks xbmcwayist but Angelinas method is simpler & only edits one file. Thanks again Smile
(2014-09-21, 04:41)washere Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 09:36)xbmcwayist Wrote:

Code:
<?    </include>  ?>

Thanks xbmcwayist but Angelinas method is simpler & only edits one file. Thanks again Smile

No prob. Overwrite two files or hack the one you have. Whatever works for you.
This mod looks like it would be great for me. I want to stick with Confluence but just want to tweak a few things. Can someone please post a link to the most recent version. I started the tread from the beginning and saw every few posts there was a new release. I then jumped to page 95 and started working backwards and only saw links to other stuff. I went to github but found multiple versions some saying helix and now I'm confused. A quick link or let us know what is the latest version would be great. Thanks,

Roveer
It's been a while for me but I believe it can be installed from the hybrid repo in the xbmc.org repo. It's a mudislander skin.

The tweaks toward the end of the thread are mainly for the keyboard in Helix v14 and to add 7 icons in place of 5.
Folks:

For those of you, like me, still stuck on Windows XP and Frodo but still want 7 addons for each home screen item, I've taken the time to convert and test this mod to the Frodo version of Confluence.custom.mod.

Refer to this post by for how the mod was accomplished:

I used this version of Confluence.Custom.Mod for Frodo:

https://codeload.github.com/CCM-Organiza.../zip/Frodo

Simply replace the two files: IncludesHomeAddOnSystem.xml and SkinSettings.xml in the '720' folder of Confluence.Custom.Mod. The next time you run XBMC, you'll have 70 potential on-screen choices.

Here's the two file as a zip package:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yv2bip080tmv3...o.zip?dl=0

Interestingly, this version has both a 'Textures.xbt' journal file plus all the images that make up the skin as individual files in the 'Media' folder. If you delete the 'Textures.xbt' from the 'Media' folder, the next time you run XBMC, it'll use the individual images instead. I've altered the folder focus, progress bar and scroll bars so I can see them better from a distance. If you want to give these a try (they're yellow! Smile), here's the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ih7zbbx40rk6zh...a.zip?dl=0

Just drop them in the skins 'Media' folder and run XBMC to see the difference.

Hope this helps us XPers! BTW, the images will work with the Gotham version too because they have the same names. I've already modded my Gotham versions of XBMC Smile.

tinker
I'm really liking CCM but I have not been able to do with it what I was trying to do.

I wanted to add a main menu item called 3d movies. I then wanted it to display my collection of 3d movies that I have added as a separate file location in videos.

Is this possible? If so, how.

Thanks,

Roveer
(2014-09-29, 03:54)roveer Wrote: I'm really liking CCM but I have not been able to do with it what I was trying to do.

I wanted to add a main menu item called 3d movies. I then wanted it to display my collection of 3d movies that I have added as a separate file location in videos.

Thanks,

Roveer

I played around more with CCM and found that I can do what I want by adding these features as sub menu items. Using the file location I can point to a specific location (3d movies) and get just those movies to show up. Only downside is that the 3d movies still show up in the main library. not the end of the world. Also added a sub menu item (again using a file location back to my main movie location) that allows me to do a different sort. My main "Movie" menu item sorts the movies as date added and the sub menu item sets the sort to alphabetic. Added a 3rd sub menu item to point to my global search add-on and I'm all set.

I could do all these things on the main menu but it just didn't look good and some menu items started to scroll since they were so long. Sub menu's are the way to go.

Roveer
roveer:

Submenus are less customizable in the Frodo version of CCM. The Gotham version will allow all the submenus to be rearranged. The Frodo version lacks li'le incidentals like modifying the Live TV menu. Otherwise, it's a great skin for both versions.

BTW: I use the development versions of CCM from this GitHub page:

https://github.com/CCM-Organization/skin...d/branches

They contain both the individual skin images and the Textures.xbt journal file in the 'Media' folder. This has allowed me to modify the skin to be more accessible to folks with poor eyesight like me. After I'm done modding, I use the texture packer program to recompress the images into a new textures.xbt file. I does improve performance on slower PCs to compress the images.

The texture packer can be found here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TexturePacker

I used their standard '.bat' batch file to turn the 'Media' folder of the skin into a texture.xbt file. After it's done, the images in the folder can be deleted.

Here's a screenshot of the end result:

I have since made the progress bar and the scroll bars yellow/orange too. It matches the CCM font colours nicely and I can operate most functions from a distance now. Smile

tinker
Mudislander,

Is it possible to add the same menu to the addon shortcuts as you use in submenu items and customize home menu? i.e. I would like to be able to add video nodes to my addon shortcuts. Right now I have to create a favourite from the video node. This works, but gets a bit messy.

John
(2014-09-29, 07:47)roveer Wrote:
(2014-09-29, 03:54)roveer Wrote: I'm really liking CCM but I have not been able to do with it what I was trying to do.

Thanks,

Roveer

I played around more with CCM and found that I can do what I want by adding these features as sub menu items. Using the file location I can point to a specific location (3d movies) and get just those movies to show up. Only downside is that the 3d movies still show up in the main library. not the end of the world. Also added a sub menu item (again using a file location back to my main movie location) that allows me to do a different sort. My main "Movie" menu item sorts the movies as date added and the sub menu item sets the sort to alphabetic. Added a 3rd sub menu item to point to my global search add-on and I'm all set.

I could do all these things on the main menu but it just didn't look good and some menu items started to scroll since they were so long. Sub menu's are the way to go.

Roveer

I feel I need to correct my own post as I have learned a lot more about CCM after playing around with it for a week. First I installed and turned on global search which now appears on top of the main menu bar. I was creating sub menu search items but found this to be better. Next I thought I had gotten all that I was looking for with the Main menu MOVIES menu displaying the library sorted by date added then creating a sub menu item MOVIES (a-z). and then another sub menu called 3D Movies. I thought this all worked. It did kind of. What I was getting on the sub menu's was a library display of the files sorted just the way I wanted them, but when I selected a movie instead of playing it it took me into the directory and showed me the actual movie file, ugly extension and all. It also no longer displayed the artwork or movie description. Not at all what I wanted. Thought I was so close.

Someone had mentioned "playlists" and I had looked at it once and didn't think it would help. Actually, it turns out to be the answer.

I just kept messing and messing and added a menu item and associated it with "playlist" then all of a sudden all of these pre-canned selections popped up including one called 3D. I went in an found this enormously powerful searching capability. Basically gives you the ability to make a smart playlist by rule. Since I had titled all my 3d movies with 3d I just set a filter to find all titles with 3d. Worked a like a charm. Shows up just like the library view. I went on to create another (I think they call them smart playlists), for the entire library and set a sort as alphabetic. Made a menu item called "Movies (a-z)" and that works like a charm. So you can see your collection based on date added (newest first), not just the first 25 which is what recently added gives you. Then as sub menu items you can see your entire collection alphabetically and as a 3rd option you get to see just the 3D Movies. You also have search in case you don't feel like scrolling through it all.

So, to wrap it up, I got exactly what I wanted out of CCM in terms of customized menu items which is great. What I also got was a really great movie display box look once i turned off global picture. That was really cool.

One tip. I run on Amazon Fire TV and GBox Midnight MX2. I was noticing that when I would go into and out of the Movie menu that even know it was using fan art I would still see the red theater seating image. This would appear for a second then switch to fanart. It was a bit annoying. I created a 1280x720 file that was completely black. Set up a file path in file mgr to special://skin and followed it down to where the other images were and copied by file there. When back into the skin and went to where you can select custom images and for Movies and TV selected the black file. Now instead of seeing the theater seat image The screen just remains black slightly longer but then goes directly to the fan art. This made me feel like I fixed all of my issues. Now I have a totally rock'n XBMC setup. That is until I think of the next thing I want.

Roveer
deleting my post
Hi there,

I am kind of confused because this thread refers to the CCM skin but the download in the first post leads to a hybrid skin file.

I just came across this skin because of this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ndENSYBSY

Is this the right thread if I want the skin the guy talks about in the video? And for a fresh 13.2 linux install.......where should I download it from?

Many thanks in advance.
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod11