• 416(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-09-20, 16:33)stubk Wrote:
(2014-09-19, 23:03)Lunatixz Wrote: Nothing stands out... and honestly I'm having a really tough time reproducing the problem on my end.

So it's either not the same "subtitle bug"/"seek bug" and is a side effect to something I broke and fixed already? and in that case will be fixed in the next update or it's the same bug?
Another two possibilities I forget to mention is if the subtitle is included in the meta tag or if the video was poorly encoded.

Trust me I know of the bug, its been fixed as much as possible on my end... if it's really a problem for you go back to Frodo the bug isn't there.. it showed up when the Gotham subtitle service was added.

OK, I've got a system running frodo and the original pseudotv addon and I can't produce the problem on that, but on my main system running gotham I can reproduce the bug in ptvl and with the original pseudotv script so it's nothing you've done.

There's definitely no subtitle data anywhere at all, and I can't really accept that 90%+ of my files are poorly encoded. Can you point me to any information on this subtitle bug, or anywhere in the xbmc or ptvl code where I could start digging?

There is nothing to work on in the PTVL code... a seektime is calculated and passed to XBMC... its up to xbmc player to use that information or not.
Only documentation of this problem i'm aware of is here in this thread... use the search tool to find it.

Exact mechanism of this bug is unknown to me, never looked into it... but I would wait for my next release... I have a feeling a unrelated problem that I fixed might have been causing your seek issues.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-09-20, 15:44)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 12:46)bry- Wrote: [quote='breezytm' pid='1797767' dateline='1411205806']
I could not get this thing to work with HDhomerun prime. The guide is a little complicated but I do get it so that's not where the problem is. I simply could not generate the stream files. Besides I would like to make the setup more versatile to any OS.

Would you be willing to support hdhomerun through http?

here's an example: http://10.10.1.14:5004/auto/v702?dlna [http://<hdhomerun ip>:5400/auto/vChannelNumber?dlna]

If I type that in my browser it works.
I know I have to rewrite that tutorial.

Create a text with the link in it. Save it with a .strm extension. Test through file browser to confirm working. First thing you want to do though is setup dhcp reservation on your router for the prime though.

Next update PTVL will have Hdhomerun upnp autotuning w/xmltv matching. Similar to the hdhomerun strm autotune.

@bry- I've tried that before and it doesn't work. I don't understand why it doesn't work but it doesn't.
@Lunatixz has upnp for hdhomerun already been implemented in dev built. Perhaps I can text that. I have xmltv configured already.

Thanks,
(2014-09-20, 18:52)breezytm Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 12:46)bry- Wrote: [quote='breezytm' pid='1797767' dateline='1411205806']
I could not get this thing to work with HDhomerun prime. The guide is a little complicated but I do get it so that's not where the problem is. I simply could not generate the stream files. Besides I would like to make the setup more versatile to any OS.

here's an example: http://10.10.1.14:5004/auto/v702?dlna [http://<hdhomerun ip>:5400/auto/vChannelNumber?dlna]

Create a text with the link in it. Save it with a .strm extension. Test through file browser to confirm working. First thing you want to do though is setup dhcp reservation on your router for the prime though.

Next update PTVL will have Hdhomerun upnp autotuning w/xmltv matching. Similar to the hdhomerun strm autotune.

@bry- I've tried that before and it doesn't work. I don't understand why it doesn't work but it doesn't.
@Lunatixz has upnp for hdhomerun already been implemented in dev built. Perhaps I can text that. I have xmltv configured already.

Thanks,

I'll upload it to the development build tonight... Let me know if it matches your upnp sources with it's xmltv data.

When you autotune, you select Hdhomerun, UPNP and navigate the folder to UPNP sources, Hdhomerun, then select either favorites or channel.
Okay so I went and did my own testing on both the prod and dev versions.

Here are my findings.

Prod

Backend and hdhomerun upnp does not work.

Dev

Backend works but doesn't import tv channel logos and EPG. Pseudo TV also doesn't match the channel number with backend.
HDHomerun upnp still doesn't work.

I can't select the .xml file for the guide. It doesn't show me any files in the folder. Only folders.

I want to say with built in PVR support, Pause/rewind/fast forward live tv and easier setup doc this has the potentials to be the best solution close to a cable box we will ever get in Kodi. At least experience wise. I like it.

(2014-09-20, 21:26)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 18:52)breezytm Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 15:44)Lunatixz Wrote: I know I have to rewrite that tutorial.

Thanks,

I'll upload it to the development build tonight... Let me know if it matches your upnp sources with it's xmltv data.

When you autotune, you select Hdhomerun, UPNP and navigate the folder to UPNP sources, Hdhomerun, then select either favorites or channel.

I guess I spoke too soon Big Grin
Right now I am doing what you said and select favorites. I also am using mc2xml to create the xmltv.xml file. But the software isn't allowing me to select it.
Development build updated

Hdhomerun UPNP autotune:
Select Hdhomerun, UPNP and navigate the folder to UPNP sources, Hdhomerun, then select either favorites or channel.
Great. That works. I am not getting the epg part. Do you mind explaining it to me. I read this thing a thousand times already. Still confused.

I added the hdhomerun channels just like you described.
Okay I think I found out why epg doesn't work. Keyword "think" is because of the channel type. Quoted from the documentation in page 1.

Quote:InternetTV:
Similar to chtype 8, except that this chtype does not offer EPG data. Its designed for a single 24/7 type stream.

Code:
<setting id="Channel_#_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_#_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_#_2" value="smb://xxx/strms/VevoTV.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_#_3" value="VevoTV" />
<setting id="Channel_#_4" value="Sit back and enjoy a 24/7 stream of music videos on VEVO TV." />
<setting id="Channel_#_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_#_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_opt_1" value="VevoTV" />

From my settings2.xml file

Code:
<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="9" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_time" value="3872" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_1" value="5400" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_2" value="upnp://62112A60-571E-3B47-A6F2-FBF89CA278C0/Favorites/v702/" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_3" value="702 CBSHD" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_4" value="Unavailable" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="702 CBSHD LiveTV" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />

If am wrong, please point me to the right location. I can't think of anything else. Lastly, how do I make the channel listing number matches the actual channel number. I don't see that being discussed anywhere else. For example. I have channel 702 as my 1st channel so it's label chanel 1. I want to set it as 702 instead of 1.
Testing new dev version 0.5.0a but the xmltv issue still occurs(6 hours back)Sad
I don't use hd homerun just pvr backend
(2014-09-21, 10:14)tromy Wrote: Testing new dev version 0.5.0a but the xmltv issue still occurs(6 hours back)Sad
I don't use hd homerun just pvr backend

Did you force channel reset? I'm not seeing any sync issues... but the last updated should have fixed it, I'll double check
(2014-09-20, 16:56)Lunatixz Wrote: There is nothing to work on in the PTVL code... a seektime is calculated and passed to XBMC... its up to xbmc player to use that information or not.
Only documentation of this problem i'm aware of is here in this thread... use the search tool to find it.

Exact mechanism of this bug is unknown to me, never looked into it... but I would wait for my next release... I have a feeling a unrelated problem that I fixed might have been causing your seek issues.

Right, I've done some debugging and found the problem - it's some kind of freak timing issue between ptvl and the xbmc video player which is why it would be very tricky to reproduce.

Basically, the ptvl seek request is sometimes made before the video has actually started playing, so the request is ignored and the video starts at the beginning - you can see it in the debug log where the ptvl 'seeking' debug message appears before the CDVDPlayerVideo 'switching to normal playback' message.

By adding
Code:
xbmc.sleep(100);
at line 800 of Overlay.py just before the seek request is made I can completely prevent the problem from happening. I think the proper way to fix this would be to check that the video is actually playing before the seek request is made?
(2014-09-21, 02:21)Lunatixz Wrote: Development build updated

Hdhomerun UPNP autotune:
Select Hdhomerun, UPNP and navigate the folder to UPNP sources, Hdhomerun, then select either favorites or channel.

Fixed my issue with the my "I Love Lucy" Channel, and has made my wife (and by extension, me) very happy.

Thanks again.
(2014-09-21, 21:19)stubk Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 16:56)Lunatixz Wrote: There is nothing to work on in the PTVL code... a seektime is calculated and passed to XBMC... its up to xbmc player to use that information or not.

Right, I've done some debugging and found the problem - it's some kind of freak timing issue between ptvl and the xbmc video player which is why it would be very tricky to reproduce.

Basically, the ptvl seek request is sometimes made before the video has actually started playing, so the request is ignored and the video starts at the beginning - you can see it in the debug log where the ptvl 'seeking' debug message appears before the CDVDPlayerVideo 'switching to normal playback' message.

By adding
Code:
xbmc.sleep(100);
at line 800 of Overlay.py just before the seek request is made I can completely prevent the problem from happening. I think the proper way to fix this would be to check that the video is actually playing before the seek request is made?

hmm...

If that was the case, why does it only effect movies and not tvshows?

Have you tried last nights development build? it didn't fix your problem with seeking?

can I see the logs where seek is called before playback? thanks
(2014-09-20, 12:46)bry- Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 11:36)breezytm Wrote: I could not get this thing to work with HDhomerun prime. The guide is a little complicated but I do get it so that's not where the problem is. I simply could not generate the stream files. Besides I would like to make the setup more versatile to any OS.

(2014-09-20, 12:50)steve55792 Wrote: you can get the plugin in xbmc forum or from playon, you probably download it from total installer in xbmc. Im gonna try it out and see if it works.

Only one I saw was last updated in 2012....

hey luna - testing the hdhr stream building now with the latest dev edition. not getting anything to build successfully. it only wants to autotune via the public stuff lists. can't seem to get it to autotune based on the hdhr prime.

heres my chan lineup https://i.imgur.com/MNNFDkz.jpg
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-09-21, 21:30)Lunatixz Wrote: hmm...

If that was the case, why does it only effect movies and not tvshows?

Have you tried last nights development build? it didn't fix your problem with seeking?

can I see the logs where seek is called before playback? thanks

You can see it in the log I posted earlier at http://pastebin.com/XzsAVVgB. Seek is called on lines 434, 2635, 3148 and 3471 - the "switching to normal playback" debug is on lines 431, 2633, 3155, 3457 - the one which reset to the beginning was the one with the seek on 3148 and the playback on 3155.

I didn't say it was movies only - this log was for tv show channels. But as you mention it, movies were especially prone to the problem - perhaps because they are larger files and therefore take slightly longer for xbmc to start playing.

As for the development build, I tried that and it didn't fix it. (Even tried it on the latest build of helix but it segfaulted.)
(2014-09-21, 22:01)bry- Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 12:46)bry- Wrote: I know I have to rewrite that tutorial.

(2014-09-20, 12:50)steve55792 Wrote: you can get the plugin in xbmc forum or from playon, you probably download it from total installer in xbmc. Im gonna try it out and see if it works.

Only one I saw was last updated in 2012....

hey luna - testing the hdhr stream building now with the latest dev edition. not getting anything to build successfully. it only wants to autotune via the public stuff lists. can't seem to get it to autotune based on the hdhr prime.

heres my chan lineup https://i.imgur.com/MNNFDkz.jpg

So when you select hdhomerun upnp, navigate to upnp devices, channels... Nothing loads? It should match with xmltv and build. Can I see log?
  • 416(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45