• 45(current)
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
What do you mean when you say it doesn't work? Is the "watch in browser" button visible?
No the "watch in browser" button is not visible when i trie converting with handbrake. Probably a problem in the settings when im converting the videos or something
how do i make sure that im updated to your latest version?
if this is in my changelog
#### 1.6.10
* include the address when logging login attempts
* update icons in the watch modal dialog
* enable the "Watch in browser" button for H.264/AAC/MKV files too since they work in Chrome
* added missing logging when the "Watch in browser" button is clicked

does that mean im good?

is there a way i can enable the watch in browser button regardless of video format? plex.tv is very similar to this and is able to play all my file format, granted i have no idea how it works in the background Tongue all my files are either mkv, mp4 or avi.
(sorry about the consecutive posts)
http://imgur.com/oEDzhL8
with this video for example the "play in browser" button does not show up , i am using chrome.
(2014-09-24, 23:02)publisacman Wrote: how do i make sure that im updated to your latest version?
if this is in my changelog
#### 1.6.10
* include the address when logging login attempts
* update icons in the watch modal dialog
* enable the "Watch in browser" button for H.264/AAC/MKV files too since they work in Chrome
* added missing logging when the "Watch in browser" button is clicked

does that mean im good?

is there a way i can enable the watch in browser button regardless of video format? plex.tv is very similar to this and is able to play all my file format, granted i have no idea how it works in the background Tongue all my files are either mkv, mp4 or avi.

If you follow the upgrade instructions on Github you will be on the latest version. In your case it seems like you are.
(2014-09-25, 08:24)publisacman Wrote: (sorry about the consecutive posts)
http://imgur.com/oEDzhL8
with this video for example the "play in browser" button does not show up , i am using chrome.

Can you upload a sample somewhere (preferably mega.co.nz, they're fast).
heres the link to one of the videos
https://mega.co.nz/#!jpNRSQTb!8FfsCg0aON...zHHxPybWW0
@publisacman: the problem with that file is that for some reason XBMC can't parse the media info from it, which means XBMC Video Server can't determine whether it's playable in the browser or not. I've modified the code to only look at the file extension when no stream details are available, this should fix your issue. Run a "git pull" to get the latest code.
EDIT: Solved
Hey, I know you said you modified the code to only look at the file extensions when its trying to figure out if it can play in browser but at least for me its able to play some mkv files in browser and other mkv files it can't. It seems to be the mkv files with the 5-7 channel dts audio and the bigger mkv files it has trouble recognizing. Almost all my files are mkv. I just installed the latest version today in windows and the browser I'm using is chrome
It only allows MKV if the audio and video codecs are also determined to be supported. At the moment only H.264 and AAC audio is marked as compatible.
I'm currently having two issues with this program and a question about transcoding

1. When I click the play in XBMC option
It tells me The item should now be playing on Williams XBMC Library but it only plays on the computer the XBMC server and backend are on. So when I'm on an external network or another computer accessing the server nothing appears to have happened. When I get back home or walk up the stairs I'll find the movie open in xbmc playing. I had this program installed before a couple months ago and the play in xbmc opened up the movie on the xbmc program on whatever computer you were accessing the server on. Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. The second thing is a minor annoyance not a real problem. When I click play in browser another login pops up
which is my xbmc library username and password

I also do not remember this happening in the past

3. Are there any plans or updates on transcoding and more support for in browser playback with different audio/video codecs. It would be awesome to be able to play most of my mkv files in broswer

Thanks for this awesome program I'm really close to having it all set up
I have the DNS configured and streaming from an external IP work alot better now that I have bumped up my TWC to 30mbps and 5mbps upload
@willburstyle06 sorry for not getting back to you earlier, I didn't see you posted here since you edited your last post instead of posting a new one.

1. That's not a bug, the "Play in XBMC" button plays the video in the XBMC that XBMC Video Server is connected to. I added it because someone didn't want to switch to the standard XBMC interface in order to do that. You probably want to use the "Watch as playlist" or the direct links.

2. Could be something that has changed in recent versions of Chrome. Internet Explorer does the same thing, it refuses to blindly follow links that have credentials embedded in them and instead asks you for the credentials. You can get around this problem by configuring a reverse proxy, there are instructions on the wiki on Github.

3. Transcoding is not implemted at all yet and I haven't had any willpower to work on it lately. I was hoping maybe someone would pick up where I left off but it seems not.

Quote:Thanks for this awesome program I'm really close to having it all set up
I have the DNS configured and streaming from an external IP work alot better now that I have bumped up my TWC to 30mbps and 5mbps upload

That's good to hear!
Would I have to change how I have the backend set up right now for the reverse proxy? I have both the server and the XBMC set up on the same windows device with the two ports forwarded so that I can access it from an outside network so I don't really need a reverse proxy. Currently my host name is set up as the DNS I created on dnsexit so that I can access my server from http://williamsxbmclibrary.linkpc.net/xbmc-video-server.
Depends on what you mean by "change", you have to do what the wiki tells you to in order to get it working. The plus side is that you'd only have to forward one port, not two, and you won't be bothered by credentials every time you want to watch something (which may improve compatibility with various media players).
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9